Amcrest AD410

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah.. if I have the sub stream info in there..the when watching the camera in the BI machine, the resolution is lower unless I double click that particular camera then it switches to the higher resolution...which I know that is how it supposed to work...but in my case since I want to constantly view the cameras all the time, if sub is in there, then that camera will be at the lower reso.
Why? That's why I run object detection so I don't have to watch them all the time.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup.. I learned that you cannot block internet access because it breaks the app. So internet is not blocked and I also use Surveillance Pro. In the sub stream section, there is only one resolution available and there's no option to add any other.
There are actually 2 settings for substream resolution, even in the screenshot you posted, but the other is VGA which I doubt you want to use, so it is moot. The one you selected, 720x576, should be fine.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah.. if I have the sub stream info in there..the when watching the camera in the BI machine, the resolution is lower unless I double click that particular camera then it switches to the higher resolution...which I know that is how it supposed to work...but in my case since I want to constantly view the cameras all the time, if sub is in there, then that camera will be at the lower reso.
Are you running all the cameras for your multi-view display in high resolution? How many cameras?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why? That's why I run object detection so I don't have to watch them all the time.
Maybe you're not understanding my setup... I work from home..so the BI machine is right next to me and the monitor showing all the cameras is right here as well. So when I say I constantly look at them, that's what I mean.. I just turn my head to view the live view.
So.. if I add the sub stream, then that makes the live view of that particular camera at a lower resolution, which I don't want to use.

@icpilot Yes I have it so in multi view I can see all my 7 cameras.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe you're not understanding my setup... I work from home..so the BI machine is right next to me and the monitor showing all the cameras is right here as well. So when I say I constantly look at them, that's what I mean.. I just turn my head to view the live view.
So.. if I add the sub stream, then that makes the live view of that particular camera at a lower resolution, which I don't want to use.

No, I understand. I also work from home. The difference is that I have my google home display the video only when there is an object that I want to be notified of on my property. . Occasionally. I will have birdseye open but it only is active when an object I care about is anywhere in the frame. I don't need to watch 24/7, you begin to just ignore it.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

OK. So you have all the cameras displaying in high resolution (Mainstream). That obviates the need for being concerned about Substream settings, but we need to be sure DS and BI are coordinated to use Mainstream.

I remain concerned about the difference in the Stream Profiles even for the Main stream. Did you ever use that "Find/inspect" button to access the camera?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I understand. I also work from home. The difference is that I have my google home display the video only when there is an object that I want to be notified of on my property. . Occasionally. I will have birdseye open but it only is active when an object I care about is anywhere in the frame. I don't need to watch 24/7, you begin to just ignore it.
Oh I see.. yeah I like to be able to just peek at the cameras every one in a while or when there's motion I can just look at the screen instead of using the app.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The concept here is that we want BI to accept the camera's event trigger, since you are happy with the Amcrest app's performance. This is pretty straight forward.

We do not care about BI processing a trigger. We only want BI to accept a trigger event coming from the camera.

ONVIF is what allows us to get that.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. So you have all the cameras displaying in high resolution (Mainstream). That obviates the need for being concerned about Substream settings, but we need to be sure DS and BI are coordinated to use Mainstream.

I remain concerned about the difference in the Stream Profiles even for the Main stream. Did you ever use that "Find/inspect" button to access the camera?
On this particular camera, no I believe I didn't do that when I added it to BI.
I just used the settings I found in here somewhere.

But, I am not getting any motion alerts anymore from BI since I made the last change to uncheck Motion Sensor and checked Camera's digital input or motion alarm.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh I see.. yeah I like to be able to just peek at the cameras every one in a while or when there's motion I can just look at the screen instead of using the app.
I have my cameras set to automatically pop up on the google hub when an object is detected. Gets my attention real quick because it's a change from the tv show I am watching or the art that is scrolling. There is also an audible tone when it switches to the video feed. Seems like a waste of resources and time to have them open 24/7 at all times. I also don't see it making me more alert but I also live in a high-traffic road so it would be constant.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my cameras set to automatically pop up on the google hub when an object is detected. Gets my attention real quick because it's a change from the tv show I am watching or the art that is scrolling. There is also an audible tone when it switches to the video feed. Seems like a waste of resources and time to have them open 24/7 at all times. I also don't see it making me more alert but I also live in a high-traffic road so it would be constant.
I see the cameras as my windows lol - it just feels nice to "look outside" lol

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On this particular camera, no I believe I didn't do that when I added it to BI.
I just used the settings I found in here somewhere.

But, I am not getting any motion alerts anymore from BI since I made the last change to uncheck Motion Sensor and checked Camera's digital input or motion alarm.
Please click on the Find/inspect button and let me know if it shows something different for the Main stream .... it should start with "MediaProfile_Channel1 ........

BTW - it's good BI stopped detecting motion. That's what we want.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The concept here is that we want BI to accept the camera's event trigger, since you are happy with the Amcrest app's performance. This is pretty straight forward.

We do not care about BI processing a trigger. We only want BI to accept a trigger event coming from the camera.

ONVIF is what allows us to get that.
So using ONVIF.. that means that I can disable BI Motion Sensor, but does that mean I should still get BI motion alerts from the Amcrest app?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So using ONVIF.. that means that I can disable BI Motion Sensor, but does that mean I should still get BI motion alerts from the Amcrest app?
BI does not get alerts from the Amcrest app. We want BI to get triggers from the camera and then BI will determine Alerts .... all separate from the Amcrest app.

BI has no interaction with the Amcrest app at all. BI and the Amcrest app will run independent of one another and in parallel, but no direct interaction.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please click on the Find/inspect button and let me know if it shows something different for the Main stream .... it should start with "MediaProfile_Channel1 ........

BTW - it's good BI stopped detecting motion. That's what we want.
Ok so I clicked in Find/Inspect and now it shows this...
1639692919864.png

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW, part of the problem with BI/DS processing alerts too slowly may be due to the fact you are taxing your processor with using Mainstreams for all your feeds. Use of substreams is one of the first steps in optimizing performance in BI.