macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I choose default it's blank..
1639515886436.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, maybe it doesn't have that capability and that throws a new wrinkle into it.

Copy that mainstream over and paste it into the substream and change subtype=0 to subtype=1 and see if it pulls the substream.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok I did that, but the live view looks bad like out of focus haha.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the substream probably lol.

what does the BI status page show now for MP/KEY for main and substream

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That seems reasonable.

If you mainscreen just that camera, does it change from substream to mainstream?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I guess now wait for a vehicle to pass and see if it confirms the trigger, provided you made the other changes like creating a zone with the whole field of view to go with the half zone you created. Also uncheck the hide cancelled alerts so that you can see that it did trigger and it was DS that cancelled it.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would rather be able to see the live view as clear as possible since my camera monitor is right next to me. Once I get a motion alert, I just look at the monitor to see what's happening.
Is there a way to make the substream look better... it looks like 240p lol

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You may need to adjust your motion zone when changing to sub streams. Check that in BI, camera config.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In most cameras you have the ability to go in and adjust the substream, but I am not sure if the doorbell gives you that ability - I would think it would, but that would be within the doorbell gui or it might be in the doorbell app.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just had a couple of cars pass by.. the Wyze cam picked up the motion immediately...but the Amcrest took a while before it finally sent the alert. I have it so when my screen turns red, the computer makes a sound.
So when the Amcrest camera picks up the motion, it turns red, but the alert takes a while before it sends the sound.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the doorbell alert is coming from BI, then there will be a delay based on it is being analyzed by DeepStack.

In the BI logs, how long is it showing to confirm an object (it will be number in ms).

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also.. the video quality is lower when watching the recorded motion.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh wait.. it takes about 10 seconds for the resolution to clear up when watching the motion alerts.. so it does change but takes a while.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah so a third of a second to 2.6 seconds is a big difference LOL.

Once you get it dialed in, you can take the banana out of cancel and see if that improves the speed since it won't analyze everything then.

You can set the prebuffer to 5-10 seconds so that it switches to mainstream before the trigger happens.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok.. I will keep playing with the settings. I figured since this doorbell has double the reso than the Wyze cheapo cameras I have, it would be better at motion in BI...but I guess I have to dial it in.
but like I said.. motion works flawlessly if I want to use the Amcrest app, but I want to use BI lol.