Amcrest AD410

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently bought the AD410 from Amcrest. The doorbell is about 10-15 feet away from my other 2 cameras in the same location. I have set the doorbell with the same settings in BI as these other 2 Wyze cam V3 using Deepstack.
I notice that the Wyze cams are able to detect motion from cars about 80-100 feet away and it's almost instant...but the Amcrest doorbell most of the time does not detect motion in BI, but it does within the Amcrest app.

Not sure why that would be. I assumed since the Amcrest doorbell is a much better camera than my Wyze cams it would at least detect the motion as good as the cheapo cameras, but it doesn't.
In order for the doorbell to detect motion, it has to be within 20-30 feet away. Sometimes it would detect a car passing by slowly which is about 80-100 feet away, but most of the time it doesn't.
Again, this is issue is only within BI, the app picks up cars and any motion all of the time.

I have tried increasing the sensitivity in BI, but that seems to have no effect. Any ideas?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Without some video and screenshots of your settings, hard to say, but a common issue is people using object detection the wrong way. Uncheck the boxes in the trigger that says it has to move so many pixels and uncheck the reset box.

These two features are used to try to prevent false triggers, and you have have opposite going on. Only use these if you have too many false triggers. None of my cameras use those features. Of course they are field of view dependent and YMMV.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Those boxes were unchecked as they are on my other cameras that detect motion very well.
These are my settings and it still not picking up most motion, but my other 2 cameras that are right next to it pick up motion all of the time.

1639511446352.png

1639511483615.png

1639511526642.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you are using DS with it - are they showing up as cancelled alerts, meaning BI triggered the camera but DS cancelled them? That would let us know if it is a DS or BI issue.

Do you have zone A as the entire field of view?

Was is the KEY showing for this cam in the BI status page?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup.. it's cancelling the motion...I got this from the cancelled events.

Last edited:

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But other times, it won't detect motion at all. Meaning, the border on the screen won't even turn red when there's clear motion in front of the camera.. the other 2 Wyze cameras I have would detect motion and both screens would light up red, but not the doorbell.
But...if I look in the Amcrest app, the motion alert is there...for some reason it's not being detected in BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, you need to make a different zone that is the whole screen. This partial zone is fine for DS to be engaged, but then BI needs a full view zone to or it will chop it off. That truck would be partly above your zone above, so DS only sees that bit.

That is a far distance away, so I would probably add a few more pictures for it to take.

Add banana in the cancel spot so that it will force it to run for all the additional photos.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is actually a new zone I just created not long ago...it used to be the full screen.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But why is it that my other cheapo cameras detect all cars passing by at the same distance? As I said, they are exactly in the same location just a few feet away from the doorbell.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd venture it's angles and relative sizes caused by lens focal length differences. A doorbell has a very wide angle lens, that means a very short focal length that's probably under 2mm or even less. That makes objects in the distance even smaller. I really wouldn't try to rely on a doorbell camera to detect motion further than 20 feet at best.

I also noticed you have "Hide cancelled alerts" checked in the AI config of the doorbell. Try unchecking that to see what it is actually detecting, not just what DS recognizes.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I replaced my Ring Doorbell Pro with this one because of the RTSP option. I guess I am pampered with the Ring doorbell as it would detect all cars passing by instantly.
The main reason I want cars to be detected is because of the mailman. I want to know when they pass by and also who goes in my driveway. So, Ring doorbell has awesome detecting motion, but it's cloud based :(

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But again.. this Amcrest doorbell seems to work fine and detect all motion even at that distance...but, the motion alerts are in the Amcrest app..perhaps BI does not work properly with this doorbell?
I just prefer to be notified in BI than using the Amcrest app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is just a matter of more tinkering. Since you are using DS, make the size smaller and the make time smaller and do the other suggestions I made about taking more pics to analyze and add a cancel banana so it runs DS on every picture.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what you mean by taking more pics to analyze. How do I take those pics and where do I enter them?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right now, you have + real-time images at 2 - make it like 10. Then add in the cancel box banana and it will force DS to analyze all 10 pictures, so if BI triggered while the vehicle was still behind the trees, it will still keep analyzing for the next X number of pictures.

1639514544634.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, turn off the use main stream if available box and consider checking the apply to motion triggers only box. maybe even check the save DeepStack analysis details so you can see why it is canceling out - this is a much better feature than running it through Deepstack analysis option in the playback mode.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What does "Use Main stream if available" do?
It's enabled on all my cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Checking this means it will switch and start the analysis using the mainstream, but it can be problematic for some people and some fields of view.

Since BI motion detection is based on the substream, it is best to leave it at the substream level for seamless interaction and not deal with the hand-off issues that can occur having the analysis switch between streams. Further it is a troubleshooting step BI will recommend to folks that contact them with issues.

My DS analysis have all been spot on using the substream and it is faster then as well. YMMV.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmm.. I don't use substream on this doorbell because it says "None".
1639515815166.png