Amcrest AD410

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you think that maybe since I do get motion alerts from the Amcrest app...it may be causing a delay having the Amcrest app and BI detect motion?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That shouldn't be an issue as the app and BI would be getting the video at essentially the same time. But the Amcrest app is designed around their equipment, so in theory it could be faster (with the exception of the video going halfway around the world).

I think once you dial in the settings that you don't have to have DS analyze every image, the time difference should get closer.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I've set the sensitivity as low as it goes, but it's a hit or miss. Sometimes it detects the cars and sometimes it doesn't... but the Wyze cams detect every single car that passes by.
I have changed the area to full screen as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does it see the car but DS cancelled it or was it missed completely.

Oh yeah, missed the H264 part. Hopefully that takes care of it.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok.. so today, even with the sensitivity to the lowest..it's still completely missing motion. It missed the huge school bus that picked up my son and it also missed human motion at a very close range within 20 feet at a later time.
The other cameras got all the motion. I also changed the setting to H264. Not sure why this doorbell misses motion when all other cameras are picking it up.

The camera border didn't even get red or anything, it didn't detect motion and/or cancelled the motions...the strange thing is that it would do this randomly..other times it picks up motion fine, but more than half the time it doesn't.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm using this on my AD410 for the main stream path without any issues.

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried different settings and it appears to have no effect. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't catch this thread earlier, but if you still need to get main and sub-streams in BI for the AD410, here are the configuration settings:

AD410BIConfig.JPG

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My DS times to send an Alert based on the doorbell's ONVIF trigger is about 50ms ... see attached:

AD410BIDSPush.JPG

I am using the Substream for DS, but I am looking ONLY for people, not vehicles.

The push notifications from the Amcrest app and from BI arrive to my phone at virtually the exact same time.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've tried different settings and it appears to have no effect. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
If you are happy with the trigger performance in the Amcrest app, why not use the camera's ONVIF trigger for BI? In my case, I am only looking for people, but I get the ONVIF trigger and then have DS take a look at it before sending an Alert and a push notification. The Amcrest app and BI have a race to see which push notice gets to my phone first, but it is within ms of each other.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are happy with the trigger performance in the Amcrest app, why not use the camera's ONVIF trigger for BI?
What do you mean by this? - How can I use the camera's ONVIF trigger for BI?
My issue is that I wouldn't mind for the notification to take a bit longer as long as I get the notification or at least that BI sees the motion. What's happening is that this particular camera is missing motion completely and cameras that are right next to it within a few feet are catching ALL the motion.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also.. I was able to get the sub stream to work before, kinda...but it just looks too bad for live view. The resolution on the sub stream is too low. I have my BI machine right next to my desk, so I like to see the live view whenever I get a motion sound. I don't really even look at the phone since all I have to do is turn my head to watch the monitor with all the cameras... this is why I don't really want to use the sub stream because it makes the live view way too blurry for my taste.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like right now.. I just went out to take my dog out. The doorbell detected my as soon as I went out...but it didn't detect me when I came back at all. It's not even in the cancelled events.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Like right now.. I just went out to take my dog out. The doorbell detected my as soon as I went out...but it didn't detect me when I came back at all. It's not even in the cancelled events.
Putting aside whatever happened in Blue Iris for a moment -- in the Amcrest app on your phone, did it detect you both going and coming?

Upthread I thought you said you are happy with the AD410 detection performance in the Amcrest app. Correct?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go back into the camera setting in BI and check the box that says pull ONVIF triggers and then turn motion detection off in BI and see if it gives you what you want. This should pull the triggers that you are getting in the Amcrest app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How long was the initial clip - were you coming back in still part of the initial trigger? For example, if you went out and were out for 45 seconds and BI shows the clip as longer than that, that means it saw motion the whole time so it wouldn't then retrigger coming back in - it needs to have a break point in between the two.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go back into the camera setting in BI and check the box that says pull ONVIF triggers and then turn motion detection off in BI and see if it gives you what you want. This should pull the triggers that you are getting in the Amcrest app.
Expanding on wittaj' post, here are the Blue Iris settings to change:

As shown in my earlier posted image, check the box at the bottom of the Camera Configuration page which says "Get ONVIF trigger events" - see attached.

AD410BIConfig.JPG

Then in the Trigger Tab, check the box for "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" - see attached.

AD410TriggerONVIF.JPG

Also note - there is NO Checkmark in the "Motion sensor" box.