Amcrest AD410

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also want you to check the Stream Profiles for Main and Substream and make certain they are EXACTLY as shown in the posted screenshot. The syntax you posted upthread is different.

BTW, it would really help a lot if you posted actual screenshots of your settings and your display.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Putting aside whatever happened in Blue Iris for a moment -- in the Amcrest app on your phone, did it detect you both going and coming?

Upthread I thought you said you are happy with the AD410 detection performance in the Amcrest app. Correct?
Yes, the Amcrest app detects me every time and both motions are there...when I went out and when I came back.
I went out at 1:00 pm and came back at 1:03 pm.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also want you to check the Stream Profiles for Main and Substream and make certain they are EXACTLY as shown in the posted screenshot. The syntax you posted upthread is different.

BTW, it would really help a lot if you posted actual screenshots of your settings and your display.
I have made those changes to the settings and now it won't even detect motion in blue iris at all.

1639685267701.png

1639685292863.png

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are those settings supposed to do?
1639685453793.png

Does that mean I won't get any alert in BI?
I ask because now I am not getting any motion at all from BI.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, what does it mean when the border of the camera screen is blue?
After I made that change, the border of the screen is constant blue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure in alert you have onvif and external checked.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found in the manual that the border is blue to indicate motion detector is disabled.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to manually key in the /cam stuff on the right.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did that and it still doesn't look the same...I am not adding the sub as it doesn't work for my setup...way too blurry.
1639689121021.png

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did that and it still doesn't look the same...I am not adding the sub as it doesn't work for my setup...way too blurry.
View attachment 112362
I think you should go ahead and include the correct syntax for the Substream. You can always choose to not use it.

Also, check your "Discovery/ONVIF port" setting. Yours shows 8999. Unless you specifically configured that port setting, this may be part of your problem as the AD410 out of the box wants to use port 80.

You keep mentioning the substream looks too blurry. Please post screenshots so we can understand what you are seeing.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW - did you change the IP address for the AD410? Did you try to set it as a static IP?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you notice my previous settings post I had it on port 80. I recently changed it to 8999 as that is the default port when choosing

1639690011110.png

The IP is staic.. I have it that way via the router DHCP.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the other AD410 thread (New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review), I noticed a comment that using SmartPSS to adjust video settings can result in a degraded image. SmartPSS and Amcrest Surveillance Pro are essentially the same software tool. In that case, they required a factory reset to restore the original image quality.

There are four (4) ways to make configuration changes to the AD410, well 5 if you include the Amcrest Smart Home app. Those 4 are: SmartPSS, Amcrest Surveillance Pro, Config Tool version 4, and API calls. The other thread describes each of these. Of the tools available I prefer Config Tool.

The AD410 will not function normally if you isolate it from the internet. It can be made to work with a static IP and Blue Iris, but at the loss of the Amcrest Smart Home app. If you want to use both the Amcrest app and Blue Iris, then you must allow the AD410 to get a DHCP assigned IP and allow it access to the internet.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 112368

sub stream - too blury for my liking..maybe others find this acceptable..but not for me.
View attachment 112369
Using the Substream for DS should not have any effect on your normal viewing of the Live view. If you get the Main and Substreams configured correctly, when you switch from multi-view in BI to that specific camera, it will automatically switch to the Main stream.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the other AD410 thread (New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review), I noticed a comment that using SmartPSS to adjust video settings can result in a degraded image. SmartPSS and Amcrest Surveillance Pro are essentially the same software tool. In that case, they required a factory reset to restore the original image quality.

There are four (4) ways to make configuration changes to the AD410, well 5 if you include the Amcrest Smart Home app. Those 4 are: SmartPSS, Amcrest Surveillance Pro, Config Tool version 4, and API calls. The other thread describes each of these. Of the tools available I prefer Config Tool.

The AD410 will not function normally if you isolate it from the internet. It can be made to work with a static IP and Blue Iris, but at the loss of the Amcrest Smart Home app. If you want to use both the Amcrest app and Blue Iris, then you must allow the AD410 to get a DHCP assigned IP and allow it access to the internet.
Yup.. I learned that you cannot block internet access because it breaks the app. So internet is not blocked and I also use Surveillance Pro. In the sub stream section, there is only one resolution available and there's no option to add any other.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried using the "Find/inspect" button to access the camera?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using the Substream for DS should not have any effect on your normal viewing of the Live view. If you get the Main and Substreams configured correctly, when you switch from multi-view in BI to that specific camera, it will automatically switch to the Main stream.
Yeah.. if I have the sub stream info in there..the when watching the camera in the BI machine, the resolution is lower unless I double click that particular camera then it switches to the higher resolution...which I know that is how it supposed to work...but in my case since I want to constantly view the cameras all the time, if sub is in there, then that camera will be at the lower reso.