Amcrest AD410

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let's go back to your original complaint. You were saying that Motion Detection performance in BI with the AD410 was spotty. How is it right now?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want this camera to detect everything, so I am probably doing to stay with current settings..
Thanks for your help.. I will check tomorrow to see if motion detection/alerts are better than before.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Let's go back to your original complaint. You were saying that Motion Detection performance in BI with the AD410 was spotty. How is it right now?
Right... it would be a hit or a miss with BI detecting motion, but the Amcrest app had the motion alerts there...for some reason BI would not detect at times.
So I am hoping now would be better...but I have to wait until tomorrow since the cars are too far in the dark for the camera to pick up.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want this camera to detect everything, so I am probably doing to stay with current settings..
Thanks for your help.. I will check tomorrow to see if motion detection/alerts are better than before.
Right... it would be a hit or a miss with BI detecting motion, but the Amcrest app had the motion alerts there...for some reason BI would not detect at times.
So I am hoping now would be better...but I have to wait until tomorrow since the cars are too far in the dark for the camera to pick up.
The rationale behind my suggestion was to maximize the AI features you have invested in. My bet is you will be very pleased with the Human Detection feature of the AD410 as it is the same as Smart Motion Detection feature on other Dahua cameras.

For the vehicle detection, my suggestion would be to ENABLE motion detection in BI and then configure triggering in BI for those. I am VERY confident you will get superior Motion triggering in BI compared to your other Wyze cameras once properly configured.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh I got it now.. so enable motion in BI and set remove "person" from the list because Human Detection will be done at the Amcrest app level.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh I got it now.. so enable motion in BI and set remove "person" from the list because Human Detection will be done at the Amcrest app level.
Almost. Go ahead and let BI/DS confirm the Human Detection (since you need it for vehicle detection anyway), but the triggering for Humans lies in the Camera where triggering for Vehicles will be configured in BI. Make sense?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It means we will need to look at your Motion sensor configuration in BI to be sure it is triggering images for DS to examine.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok.. that's the way I have it... let's see tomorrow how it behaves.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The motion is acting the same way as before. I completely missed my son going out this morning.. that motion didn't even register. So I checked the cancelled events and found a couple of cancelled events there
1. while he was walking away in the middle of the yard like 40-50 feet away.. it detected him as a person at 71% - cancelled
2. it detected the bus at 64% - cancelled.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The motion is acting the same way as before. I completely missed my son going out this morning.. that motion didn't even register. So I checked the cancelled events and found a couple of cancelled events there
1. while he was walking away in the middle of the yard like 40-50 feet away.. it detected him as a person at 71% - cancelled
2. it detected the bus at 64% - cancelled.
The interaction between Motion - Triggers - Alerts still needs work. That is why I suggested you NOT use Deepstack for now. Not until you are happy with the triggering.

Your use case is really not that difficult, and the tools you have are very capable. It's a matter of stepping carefully through the process of configuration, testing along the way to be sure of your settings, and you can definitely arrive at an excellent result. In addition to the things we discussed upthread, you should review your Human Detection settings in the Amcrest app. Make sure your zone is correctly defined and the sensitivity is where you want it. TEST to be sure it works according to your desires. Only after you are happy with the triggering should you layer back in the DS AI.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The issue is not that much with the triggering...It's completely missing the motion altogether. Going out the door, the doorbell should detect as a person immediately as it does from time to time.
But other times like this morning, it completely missed it and only captured the motion when the "person" was 40-50 feet away.

The Zone is set to the entire screen. When it works, it works great...but what's happening is it just stops working whenever it wants...so it's not reliable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you were pulling the ONVIF triggers from the Amcrest doorbell into BI, so if it is triggering, then the camera in BI will trigger. Unless you now added Deepstack to the mix, but that is another issue.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The issue is not that much with the triggering...It's completely missing the motion altogether. Going out the door, the doorbell should detect as a person immediately as it does from time to time.
But other times like this morning, it completely missed it and only captured the motion when the "person" was 40-50 feet away.

The Zone is set to the entire screen. When it works, it works great...but what's happening is it just stops working whenever it wants...so it's not reliable.
See the emboldened part of your message - that is the triggering. Right now you are having trouble discerning between motion detection - triggering - and alerts. You are having this problem, in part, because you are only looking at the results AFTER Deepstack has processed them. AND - you have not made (or confirmed) the proper HUMAN DETECTION settings in the camera. Until you resolve these fundamental issues, you have no idea about the BI/DS reliability.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What proper human detection setting? - the only option in the camera for human detection is sensitivity, zone and schedule. I have the sensitivity to HIGH and the camera itself is capturing the motion fine, every time... it's just that BI is not getting the info from the camera half the time.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Look at is this way .... you have a base layer, the camera .... then you have software IN the camera for Motion Detection or AI Human Detection. Start with getting this working correctly to your satisfaction. Upthread you made some conflicting comments about comparisons. For the moment, focus exclusively on the Amcrest app. Upthread you complained about all the motion notifications due to insects. Resolve this in one of two ways - either change your MOTION Detection settings in the camera (via the Amcrest Smart Home app), or change to HUMAN detection. I suggest the latter, at least for now.

Start here and report back.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What proper human detection setting? - the only option in the camera for human detection is sensitivity, zone and schedule. I have the sensitivity to HIGH and the camera itself is capturing the motion fine, every time... it's just that BI is not getting the info from the camera half the time.
See emboldened text .... How do you know that? Are you seeing the captures in the Amcrest app or elsewhere?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See emboldened text .... How do you know that?
Because the motion alerts are all in the Amcrest app, but not in BI... all motion alerts in the Amcrest app coincide with the other cameras that are in the same location.
The other 2 cameras capture the same motions as the Amcrest app, but BI for the doorbell misses a lot of them.