Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

mmdb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
big upp nayr.. il give this a try ..tp link !!

insurance agencies here and cover lost is laugh here and they wont pay anything ..

danhimal

n3wb
Reaction score
@nayr Do you recommend using an external PoE switch or will the internal ones suffice? System will be used strictly for surveillance with 8x IPC-HDW5231R-Z with no other devices attached. Not sure if you had a prejudice against the on board ports or because you're rocking a PoE+ GigE 24 Port Midspan and a 48p GIgE Managed Switch.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there's only so much that can be done through the NVR; alot more configuration options are exposed on the video cameras.. at some point you'll find your self having to plug a computer into the PoE network so you can access these options.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know: If these PoE ports on the NVR5216/5232-16P-4KS2 are 10/100Mbps ports?

I was looking at the datasheet and it didn't state

NVR5216/5232-16P-4KS2 | Dahua Technology

Interface 1 RJ-45 port (10/100/1000Mbps) Ethernet Port
1 Independent 1000Mbps Ethernet Port PoE
16 ports (IEEE802.3af/at)

Last edited:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
alot more configuration options are exposed on the video cameras
Does Dahua not offer a Virtual Host feature like HIK that allows direct access to the cameras connected to the NVR? I've never used Dahua NVR's so just curious.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Does Dahua not offer a Virtual Host feature like HIK that allows direct access to the cameras connected to the NVR? I've never used Dahua NVR's so just curious.
I don't think so but I recalled that HIK doesn't offer it anymore and removed it in their latest firmware ?

I attached Dahua NVR manual, it cover lots of their models but the 5216 is in that manual.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they do not, if you have a spare PoE you could uplink it to your LAN but its only FastEthernet and I wouldn't stream from that end.. it would allow access to the cameras WebUI from the LAN but would require careful setup and some networking knowledge.

here's the config for the PoE switch interface:
Screenshot 2017-02-26 19.56.26.png

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is 5216 NVR rack mountable, does it come with the rack ears? like the new 6A08-128-4KSK
What is the major difference between the 5216 and the new NVR6A08-128-4KSK

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the review NAYR. I bought the same DVR along with 6 Dahua starfighter turrets from Andy in late December and finally got everything setup last week. Little did I know that having the cams directly hooked up to the NVR means not being able to access additional options (ie. record to micro sd) that's directly on the camera.

If you're not using the built-in POE ports, can you explain how the separate POE switch is setup on your network with the cameras and how the DVR is able to access them? TIA.

RazorsEDGE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
nayr,

I see you mentioned IVS is not enabled on the web menu. I have the same nvr only with no poe built in. It's running the same firmware you showed above. On my device I have Setup>Event>IVS. All the options appear to be there but they don't seem to work. A lot of the buttons within the IVS menu will not let you click them. Is this the same problem you are referring to or does IVS not show at all for you?

Thanks for the insight about IVS not working properly through the web, I thought maybe it was my NVR but I'll have to head over to the OSD to set it up it seems.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no IVS under Events on WebUI; works fine through OSD or SmartPSS though.

RazorsEDGE

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, kind of interesting we see different things on the same firmware. Maybe they are close to getting it working.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got the same 3.210.0002.2 7-21-16 firmware and have all of the IVS functions available on the web interface via IE8. If I have the IVS config page from the camera up in a different browser window, when I make a change via the NVR interface, it appears in the camera window about a second later.

ivsPage.jpg