Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr have you hooked this nvr up to your api functions? I've found it's really different from previous models, and individual cameras. No ChannelTitle call, snapshot call different, all sorts.

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr have you hooked this nvr up to your api functions? I've found it's really different from previous models, and individual cameras. No ChannelTitle call, snapshot call different, all sorts.
he isnt here anymore. been gone for like a year.

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys i have a DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E is it possible to let the NVR give out IP's in a specific range? I would like to give my cam's a specific range e.g. 192.168.2.201 till 192.168.2.208 so they still are accessible directly is this possible?

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guys i have a DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E is it possible to let the NVR give out IP's in a specific range? I would like to give my cam's a specific range e.g. 192.168.2.201 till 192.168.2.208 so they still are accessible directly is this possible?
No and that makes no sense. The internal poe switch builds an isolated network for every device. You can´t access the webif directly.
But in your local lan you can call the web (internet explorer button) browser whithin the recorder Picture / remote Device. It opens a new browser tab with a redirect of the cams webif. Thats the only way.

Bl4ckviper

n3wb
Reaction score
I am viewing my nvr trough the easy viewer plugin in chrome. The IE button doesn't do anything..

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Valo

n3wb
Reaction score
Are these NVR's capable of auto tracking based on IVS triggers with a PTZ Dahua camera, even if the camera doesn't natively support auto tracking (i.e. the SD22204T-GN or SD29204T-GN)?
Sorry for late reply.
I could do this, with IVS trigger and setup moving to determined preset or tour, and use the function on camera to return to main preset after a period of time.
I test it on a SD22204T-GN.
Regards

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The latest firmware NVR 4.0 should add some AI functions to this model, right? It seems to be visible on the main menu and options pane in the sub-menu's

Mahumadi

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this and had some 2231's connected. picture is nice and the dvr is very intuitive. My cameras are recording at 1080p and at 25 FPS. I was under the impression you could record up to 30 FPS on this NVR. How do I set that up? Additionally, what are some other things I should look into doing to fully utilize this NVR's features?

I am currently recording 24/7, but have seen people also recording motion. If you're recording 24/7, why record motion? Does the motion file get saved in a different location to make browsing those incidents quicker? That is the only reason I can think of. Any input would be great as well as other recommendations on how to fully utilize this NVR. Outside of this thread, which I've read, I can't find much info on exactly how to utilize the features.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Check your codec, make sure in the Encode settings, it set to H.264. The 30fps option may not be available due to firmware changes as well. If you use IVS, it won't take up additional storage space; this feature applies markers so that when you review the footage, you'll be able to narrow down the timeline based on the IVS markers solely.

I bought this and had some 2231's connected. picture is nice and the dvr is very intuitive. My cameras are recording at 1080p and at 25 FPS. I was under the impression you could record up to 30 FPS on this NVR. How do I set that up? Additionally, what are some other things I should look into doing to fully utilize this NVR's features?

I am currently recording 24/7, but have seen people also recording motion. If you're recording 24/7, why record motion? Does the motion file get saved in a different location to make browsing those incidents quicker? That is the only reason I can think of. Any input would be great as well as other recommendations on how to fully utilize this NVR. Outside of this thread, which I've read, I can't find much info on exactly how to utilize the features.

Mahumadi

n3wb
Reaction score
Check your codec, make sure in the Encode settings, it set to H.264. The 30fps option may not be available due to firmware changes as well. If you use IVS, it won't take up additional storage space; this feature applies markers so that when you review the footage, you'll be able to narrow down the timeline based on the IVS markers solely.
is IVS how I would record motion in a specific boundary? I remember messing around and seeing that I can set certain areas of each cameras picture to record within that specified area. Is this that and is this how I record motion?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
is IVS how I would record motion in a specific boundary? I remember messing around and seeing that I can set certain areas of each cameras picture to record within that specified area. Is this that and is this how I record motion?
Yes that is correct

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
I would put some "nuance" in @Arjun's reply: yes, you can. But there is a distinction to be made between "motion detection", in which you draw (on your cam/nvr interface) some color-blocks (like minecraft), and indicate thresholds of movement (eg to eliminate the cat triggering an alarm). That is easy to setup, but will give lots of false alarms (eg shadows/leaves etc). It will, on the other hand, already put some markers in your timeline on top of your 24/7 recording to quickly find these MoDect events.
However, IVS is much more "intelligent" (hence the I in IVS): you can either draw "tripwires", "intrusion boxes", detect change in scenes etc. With advanced features like minimum & maximum size (eg to eliminate that cat again). Less prone to false alarms, but it also gives (orange/yellow - depending of the tool you use) markers on your 24/7 recording timeline.

So "yes you can", but you'll have to choose - some people cannot choose because their camera does not support IVS :)

Good luck!
CC