Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
andy said there will be no problems with 4433ca cams wit the 5216-16p-4ks2e nvr, so I bought one from him.

i connected 2 cams (192.168.100.51 and 192.168.100.52 - static ip adresses) to this nvr,
suddenly the nvr registration search found the cameras, but it showed ip adresses 10.1.1.65 and 10.1.1.66
is the nvr override the static ips of the cameras???? i added them to the d1 and d2 channel respectively, and they are on.
this is strange for me, I want my own ip adressing.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
andy said there will be no problems with 4433ca cams wit the 5216-16p-4ks2e nvr, so I bought one from him.

i connected 2 cams (192.168.100.51 and 192.168.100.52 - static ip adresses) to this nvr,
suddenly the nvr registration search found the cameras, but it showed ip adresses 10.1.1.65 and 10.1.1.66
is the nvr override the static ips of the cameras???? i added them to the d1 and d2 channel respectively, and they are on.
the IP address assigned by the NVR, why you change it? You just change your camera name then know which is for.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Current firmware of the nvr has no problem to work with these cams. Just not upgrade the latest one, then fine.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
andy, I had to change ip addresses to static because before nvr I had unmanaged poe switch and 8 cameras connected to it.
i was surprised the nvr is doing the ip dynamic assignment / i would prefer keep static - I found out where is the setting for the net ip range the nvr is using but there is no option to turn this autoassignment off.

what I encountered during todays fights with the system, is the horrible / unstable web interface.
it is hanging, it is not responding, i click somethin and I am waiting lot of seconds to see reaction or I do not see reaction at all.
I am using internet explorer as the browser. do you have any advice for this?

additionally I would like to access directly the cameras, how to do that having them plugged to the internal poe switch of the nvr?

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
and one more question - on the backpane, the poe ports, 8 of them are colored green, another 8 are colored grey. any meaning of that?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This is normal behavior.

Then use the POE switch instead and don't plug the cams into the NVR. Many, many threads on here about this very issue.
Have you read the cliff notes in the Wiki at the top of the page.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
and one more question - on the backpane, the poe ports, 8 of them are colored green, another 8 are colored grey. any meaning of that?
Port 1 to 8 support the ePOE which allow you to have longer Ethernet cable to the cameras. The port 9 to 16 is your standard PoE ports.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
andy, I had to change ip addresses to static because before nvr I had unmanaged poe switch and 8 cameras connected to it.
i was surprised the nvr is doing the ip dynamic assignment / i would prefer keep static - I found out where is the setting for the net ip range the nvr is using but there is no option to turn this autoassignment off.

what I encountered during todays fights with the system, is the horrible / unstable web interface.
it is hanging, it is not responding, i click somethin and I am waiting lot of seconds to see reaction or I do not see reaction at all.
I am using internet explorer as the browser. do you have any advice for this?

additionally I would like to access directly the cameras, how to do that having them plugged to the internal poe switch of the nvr?

If you are encountering this type of issue, it's most likely your home network or if you are using a laptop to configure the NVR via WebGUI then maybe your wifi signal isn't strong enough to stream real time videos.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
CrazyKliller answered to this question:

How do you access the cam webUI through the NVR webUI? I've wishing I could do this the whole time!

with this:

It's possible since Firmware starting from 2017-04-18. There is a link for cams which are registered in the NVR. The search function doesn't work for me right now... just try the search yourself, i did a post for this...

do you know where is this link? I can not find it.

and regarding the web interface:
- yes I am using wifi, will try cable to see there is improvement,
- what is worying me, is also the fact the cameras were detected by registration feature as "private" manufacturer. Why they are not labeled as dahua?
- the web interface is called "WEBSERVICE" - I bought branded nvr, with dahua logo and dahua pack, is this ok it is "WEBSERVICE" instead of brand logo in the corner?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
regpage.jpg @Engee

WEBSERVICE is same as 3 of my Dahua DVR/NVR's - its fine.

On my 4208 NVR I access the cams through the NVR interface here on the Registration page. The IE logo is a link to open the camera GUI

Last edited:

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bigredfish, you are my hero :D
so much talks about the problem with accessing directly the camera to do some config changes, and here is the clue...

question to all nvr users, how to du bulk changes to all cameras (lets say I want to modify the resolution to all cameras to the same?) i need to do it one by one? or any "select all" is available?
the same related to time display format on the all cameras.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
and one more thing, how to setup and save setting to display the substreams in preview, all the time i set to S1 after logout and login, I have M again...
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 09.40.19.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On some screens in SETUP, you can use the "COPY" button at bottom to apply changes to all cameras, but use this with caution..

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it looks like every time you log in to the nvr (web access) all the cam previews are disabled. Not found any setting to start them, and use the S1.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
it looks like every time you log in to the nvr (web access) all the cam previews are disabled. Not found any setting to start them, and use the S1.
I believed this is done for a reason.

I think that each time you enabled a video preview in the WebGUI, the NVR processor have to start transcoding it to a format that is readable in a web browser and transcode is a heavy intensive tasks on the processor itself so it probably coded to stop transcoding when you sign off the WebGUI to free up some of the burden on the processor.

Same with iDMSS or mobile apps, I would noticed a delay when I select a video to view, it may be taking few seconds to get the transcoded videos buffered before sending it over to the mobile apps which is cleared when we close the app.

I could be wrong but I think that how it is. A database table could be added in the processor to remember what was the user's preview screen set up as but it will grow quickly if there were many users with different viewpoints eating up the small memories footprint it have. A cookie could be used to remember the setting but again only 2 or 3 web browser that is capable of previewing the video which are dying out so I am sure the company doesn't want to invest any more coder's time to make it work on a dying browsers. Then there is SmartPSS which still fairly new and I believe company is starting to focus more on apps and less on WebGUI that there will be a time when they completely get rid of WebGUI and SSH/Telnet all together to eliminate the possibly region based camera being hacked and sold in different regions. I think Dahua is going in that direction right now and I wouldn't be surprise to see WebGUI gone at the end of the year.

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so what access will left, the console?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure I understand... are you saying when you log in via the web interface, you can't access the camera stream? Or just that they dont auto-start?

nvr2.jpg

Bjf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I set my NVR up this week with 4 dahua cams and a poe switch (i have the nvr without switches). I am recording everything to hdd on nvr no local storage. the ivs and motion detection rules are set and seem to trigger when live viewing the cameras, however it does not flag in playback view. any ideas?

Engee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bigredfish - when i login the cams list on the left is grey - i need to click them to see the streams - i would like to have them auto-started and on S1 stream.

guys - another question - i want the access to my nvr from internet - i know vpn is bedt and i will do that but for now i want to do only port forwarding - what ports must be forwarded? i fwd only 80 but it looks like more must be opened/forwarded?