Will Windows 11 Make Windows an even more corroborated mess?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I managed to install it, I don't know if its a placebo effect, but going through individual camera streams on Blue Iris feels snappier. Also, there is a lot less noticeable lag when it comes to live preview and playback. The new Windows 11 shell feels like a cheap imitation of MacOS, perhaps it will take time for Microsoft polish things out. However, performance-wise, its a tad bit more responsive, and nothing has crashed on me yet. :) Its arguable stable as per other forums, but I still don't recommend installing this build on your everyday system especially when Microsoft continues to push build updates on a more frequent basis now.

View attachment 93975
I haven't installed it yet on anything, but my experience is a fresh Windows install is always pretty snappy. Then as weeks and months wear on it gets cluttered and slower and laggier.

But we shall see. This weekend I may try installing on an older system (fourth or sixth gen Intel) by disabling the Tom and Secure Boot checks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I managed to install it, I don't know if its a placebo effect, but going through individual camera streams on Blue Iris feels snappier. Also, there is a lot less noticeable lag when it comes to live preview and playback. The new Windows 11 shell feels like a cheap imitation of MacOS, perhaps it will take time for Microsoft polish things out. However, performance-wise, its a tad bit more responsive, and nothing has crashed on me yet. :) Its arguable stable as per other forums, but I still don't recommend installing this build on your everyday system especially when Microsoft continues to push build updates on a more frequent basis now.

View attachment 93975
Thanks for letting us know BI works on WIN11

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I should point out that I upgraded the existing Windows 10 installation to Windows 11, I did not perform a clean install :)

I haven't installed it yet on anything, but my experience is a fresh Windows install is always pretty snappy. Then as weeks and months wear on it gets cluttered and slower and laggier.

But we shall see. This weekend I may try installing on an older system (fourth or sixth gen Intel) by disabling the Tom and Secure Boot checks.

Reaction score
I can't find the article but it popped in my news feed this morning, that TPM prices have sky rocketed, but users of most "modern" Intel and AMD CPU's can probably enable an option in the BIOS that probably satisfies the "TPM" requirement in Windows (supposedly, similar to what Arjun was saying). So I'd wait and see before buying anything.

They were saying it might create headaches down the road if you like to swap out processors AND use things like fingerprint or Drivelocker functionality, so YMMV.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just ordered an ASUS TPM Chip/Module from:

I don't like that they are not a HTTPS secure site and that they don't have PayPal but taking a chance, did read reviews, other than video card complaints and back orders, no one was complaining about fraud/scam.

View attachment 93880

Looks like they also sell one's for Gigabyte motherboards too:
View attachment 93881
Wow, when I ordered there were only 1100 orders...look now...

1625096962690.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There's also an update to Microsoft's Office Suite to complement the new UI design in Windows 11, you have to be part of the Office Insider Program :)

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am curious about running Android apps on Windows 11. I guess time will tell how this pans out.
As of now, running an out dated emulator is no longer an option.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm going to try it out on a test system specifically for the access to android stuff... I find this an intriguing addition.

Also, anybody tried running a Win11 VM yet? Virtual box etc?

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm going to try it out on a test system specifically for the access to android stuff... I find this an intriguing addition.

Also, anybody tried running a Win11 VM yet? Virtual box etc?

I installed Win 11 DEV on my Asus I7 gen 9 laptop. The gui graphics have been cleaned up,which is a plus.
The only thing that I do not like is the start menu. I moved the start menu to the left, but it still needs to be themed to my liking.

As far as running any android apps, I am stumped. From what I have read, you can install an apk by simply clicking on it in the file manager.
Not sure if the apk has to be certified or not to sideload it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have it running in ESXI 6.5 no problems, also fresh install on 10th gen PC with Blue Iris, added 3 cams and is working fine, have not tried deepstack yet on it.
Curious about DeepStack myself, you running the CPU or GPU version?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious about DeepStack myself, you running the CPU or GPU version?
I'm running the CPU version, its working just fine. However, today in Blue Iris, one of my cameras decided to constantly alert me of motion there wasn't any in the marked area. Had to turn down the volume temporarily, those audible alerts were through ringing my eardrums :rofl:

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed deepstack on Win11 VM test and is working, CPU version.

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone that upgrades or installs Windows 11 will need a MS account, the disconnect internet will not work in 11.
Once you have login with your MS account, you still can create a local account in windows and delete the MS account, for one who hate to be forced into a MS account.
Win 11 also tried to force one drive as you local storage for all files.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone that upgrades or installs Windows 11 will need a MS account
And a story to accompany that.....
Microsoft VP: Federal Targeting of Americans’ Texts, Emails, Data ‘Routine’

"Federal law enforcement agencies secretly request the data of Microsoft customers thousands of times per year, according to the congressional testimony of Tom Burt, the company’s VP for customer security and trust.
According to Burt, these requests — kept secret from their target, by court order — include requests for emails, text messages, and other sensitive data."

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
And a story to accompany that.....
Microsoft VP: Federal Targeting of Americans’ Texts, Emails, Data ‘Routine’

"Federal law enforcement agencies secretly request the data of Microsoft customers thousands of times per year, according to the congressional testimony of Tom Burt, the company’s VP for customer security and trust.
According to Burt, these requests — kept secret from their target, by court order — include requests for emails, text messages, and other sensitive data."
Figures. I finally watched Snowden on Netflix yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there some trick to getting the Windows 11 dev build iso to show up on the MS Insider page? I'm accessing it from a computer that is signed into MS, signed up for the insider program, and set to the Dev build channel. I don't want to upgrade this PC, but rather do a clean install on another. By all the online guides I'm doing what I should to be doing to get access to the Win 11 dev build, but only Win10 builds show up in the drop down here:

Any ideas? I should be good to go once I get the ISO, but this is driving me nuts.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there some trick to getting the Windows 11 dev build iso to show up on the MS Insider page? I'm accessing it from a computer that is signed into MS, signed up for the insider program, and set to the Dev build channel. I don't want to upgrade this PC, but rather do a clean install on another. By all the online guides I'm doing what I should to be doing to get access to the Win 11 dev build, but only Win10 builds show up in the drop down here:

Any ideas? I should be good to go once I get the ISO, but this is driving me nuts.
Check your PM @Frankenscript