Will Windows 11 Make Windows an even more corroborated mess?

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They have also removed internet explorer in win 11

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
You're right about that Engadget headline :lol:

Everyone is part of this Me-Too movement now but very few acknowledge that :rofl:

You can't have a brown screen of death because...
You can't have a yellow screen of death because...
You can't have a red screen of death because...
You can't have a rainbow screen of death because...(also because Apple already uses a rainbow-colored volleyball when something goes wrong)
You can't even even have a green screen of death because UFO's are real :lol:
The list goes on...
You can't even have a PSOD (purple screen of death) because if you read too fast it sounds like PTSD :facepalm:

ALL PUN INTENDED
You can't even have a gray/grey screen of death because people argue over gray vs grey :lmao:

The human species is progressing well, they say....

That's Racist, shouldn't it be The White Screen of Death, since White People are now blamed for everything these days. I see a protest coming :lol:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a better idea, why not have no screen of death at all and make a reliable operating system for once. Otherwise it will always be a sore reminder of the many issues embedded in the human psyche

Lets end racism once and for all

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're right about that Engadget headline :lol:

Everyone is part of this Me-Too movement now but very few acknowledge that :rofl:

You can't have a brown screen of death because...
You can't have a yellow screen of death because...
You can't have a red screen of death because...
You can't have a rainbow screen of death because...(also because Apple already uses a rainbow-colored volleyball when something goes wrong)
You can't even even have a green screen of death because UFO's are real :lol:
The list goes on...
You can't even have a PSOD (purple screen of death) because if you read too fast it sounds like PTSD :facepalm:

ALL PUN INTENDED
You can't even have a gray/grey screen of death because people argue over gray vs grey :lmao:

The human species is progressing well, they say....
I vote for a Unicorn plucking out the error code.

Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
So how do you distinguish the "black screen of death" from a monitor failure? At least with the blue screen you knew that it had to be the logic board. Now you'll be wondering where the problem really is.
Hey, computers have feeling too you know, at least that's the way they are programmed to be :lol:

All joking aside, there was nothing wrong with the Blue Screen of Death, it happens, unless you have AI doing most of the programming, we are not there yet :rofl:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
After some fussing around and inability to find the Win11 dev .iso file for a clean installation (despite being in the Insider dev channel) I eventually just wiped an i5-6400 Inspiron that has been idle for a while. Put win10 pro on it, logged into the dev insider on it, and it quickly downloaded and installed Win 11.

I'm doing the full experience... actually using Edge. Never used it before, other than to dl Chrome or Firefox.

So far the OS seems just fine. Minor differences in the UI are no big deal.

Win 10... Win 11... Windows by any other name would be just as buggy.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if there would have been a significant difference between a clean and upgrade installation path

After some fussing around and inability to find the Win11 dev .iso file for a clean installation (despite being in the Insider dev channel) I eventually just wiped an i5-6400 Inspiron that has been idle for a while. Put win10 pro on it, logged into the dev insider on it, and it quickly downloaded and installed Win 11.

I'm doing the full experience... actually using Edge. Never used it before, other than to dl Chrome or Firefox.

So far the OS seems just fine. Minor differences in the UI are no big deal.

Win 10... Win 11... Windows by any other name would be just as buggy.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if there would have been a significant difference between a clean and upgrade installation path
I've wondered this.

It didn't give me any grief about secure boot or TPM or processor specs. To be fair, the Inspiron comes with some level of secure boot and some level of TPM enabled, but I'm not sure what version. I've heard that some folks installing from the .iso (which (I can't seem to find) have to jump through hoops to get it to install on "older hardware" like mine.

Since this is just a Dev preview, I'm sure that when MS releases the final product, if they choose to enforce the hardware requirements they've stated, my i5-6400 machine will stop working, not counting any hacks of course.

Note that I did not need to have the user account be a MS account. The platform was running Win10 pro (that's the license that came with that computer), and MS has said that Win11 pro will not need MS Accounts for Pro (and Enterprise) editions. Home licenses will be supposedly locked to MS Account logins (may they be damned to hell).

I don't have any Home edition computers in the house (I've updated the couple that used to have home, to Pro or Enterprise).

After playing around with the new UI, I'll say "it's fine, meh" and move on. Similar to the Win 7 to Win 10 change. The computer (which has wifi) is now plugged in, in an unused corner, and I can Remote Desktop into it to play with it further. I'm going to throw a few software packages at it and see how it feels.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I already miss the ability to directly right click on the desktop and select refresh after every time I finish a task at hand. Now I have to go into "more options" just to refresh the desktop, ha :rofl: I find this OS more efficient, but not dramatically different from Windows 10. Its really annoying to still some elements scattered and not cohesively in place.

I've wondered this.

It didn't give me any grief about secure boot or TPM or processor specs. To be fair, the Inspiron comes with some level of secure boot and some level of TPM enabled, but I'm not sure what version. I've heard that some folks installing from the .iso (which (I can't seem to find) have to jump through hoops to get it to install on "older hardware" like mine.

Since this is just a Dev preview, I'm sure that when MS releases the final product, if they choose to enforce the hardware requirements they've stated, my i5-6400 machine will stop working, not counting any hacks of course.

Note that I did not need to have the user account be a MS account. The platform was running Win10 pro (that's the license that came with that computer), and MS has said that Win11 pro will not need MS Accounts for Pro (and Enterprise) editions. Home licenses will be supposedly locked to MS Account logins (may they be damned to hell).

I don't have any Home edition computers in the house (I've updated the couple that used to have home, to Pro or Enterprise).

After playing around with the new UI, I'll say "it's fine, meh" and move on. Similar to the Win 7 to Win 10 change. The computer (which has wifi) is now plugged in, in an unused corner, and I can Remote Desktop into it to play with it further. I'm going to throw a few software packages at it and see how it feels.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I already miss the ability to right click on the desktop and select refresh after every time I finish a task at hand. Now I have to go into "more options" just to refresh the desktop, ha :rofl: I find this OS more efficient, but not dramatically different from Windows 10. Its really annoying to still some elements scattered and not cohesively in place.
I don't know if I've ever used the feature on the desktop... it auto-refreshes often enough for me... :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I already miss the ability to directly right click on the desktop and select refresh after every time I finish a task at hand. Now I have to go into "more options" just to refresh the desktop, ha :rofl: I find this OS more efficient, but not dramatically different from Windows 10. Its really annoying to still some elements scattered and not cohesively in place.
Does F5 still work?