Will Windows 11 Make Windows an even more corroborated mess?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
@Frankenscript for your machines with Enterprise do you run your own KMS server to activate?
No, I'm not that big time. I bought some "pro" licenses once and they turned out to be Enterprise when I used them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
No, I'm not that big time. I bought some "pro" licenses once and they turned out to be Enterprise when I used them.

Oh didn't know that was thing, always thought Enterprise needed to be activated via a KMS linked to MS.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh didn't know that was thing, always thought Enterprise needed to be activated via a KMS linked to MS.
Yeah, understood. I was shocked when I entered the code expecting to be recognized as Pro and then Enterprise popped up.

Usually KMS is involved in distribution for Enterprise. Frankly, this was a pair of dodgy licenses I bought on Ebay for a few $; these are usually Pro extras people sell from tech dev accounts or decommissioned equipment with a 50/50 validity rate but these enterprise ones worked fine.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Microsoft is backing off the prohibition against older CPUs. Now states that older CPUs won't be able to do in place upgrades but that installing by wiping and doing fresh install will no be blocked for the older machines.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I am concerned about the true intention behind Windows 11, it definitely feels like its eavesdropping into people's privacy :(
And you think Windoze 10 is secure and private?

I wonder how much you can do on win 11 without having internet connected.
Anymore a UNIX laptop (chrome book) will do almost as much as windows when you have it connected to the internet.

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Windows 11 roll out to everyone, will be this coming October.
Running android apps on Windows 11 will not happen until 2022.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
And you think Windoze 10 is secure and private?

I wonder how much you can do on win 11 without having internet connected.
Anymore a UNIX laptop (chrome book) will do almost as much as windows when you have it connected to the internet.
Yeah, and the great thing about Chomebook OS is you can wipe it off and install Linux.....:cool:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a better idea, why not have no screen of death at all and make a reliable operating system for once. Otherwise it will always be a sore reminder of the many issues embedded in the human psyche

Lets end racism once and for all
We are still talking about MS OS, right?? Ever since the beginning..........they are not going to change their perfect fuckup record, now.......

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when Windows 11 restarts automatically to install updates even though you clearly unauthorized it from doing so in settings? :facepalm:

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't you just love it when Windows 11 restarts automatically to install updates even though you clearly unauthorized it from doing so in settings? :facepalm:
Can this not be set within local polices on the box? That’s how I’ve disabled updates and restarts in W10, I think?