[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was not able to get the UI to show when I installed the VorlonCD version so I went back and installed AITool 1.67 and it is working fine with no errors. As the VorlonCD version is the newest, I would like to use it. I installed it by unzipping it over my current config but still no UI when trying to start aitool.exe. What am I doing wrong here?
Check the properties of AITool.exe and make sure the box below is ticked. You should have unblocked the zip file befor unziping it.

1614379692909.png

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was not able to get the UI to show when I installed the VorlonCD version so I went back and installed AITool 1.67 and it is working fine with no errors. As the VorlonCD version is the newest, I would like to use it. I installed it by unzipping it over my current config but still no UI when trying to start aitool.exe. What am I doing wrong here?
Sorry my fault. I forgot that you were not already running a vorlonCD version.
I have attached the latest build that should work for you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would some be able to point me in the right direction. not sure if its an iris issue or AI issue, but my set up is as follows, i have a sub stream that runs 24/7 recording and when it detects motion it will trigger the image grab forAI. In AI i have it set so that when its a person that it will trigger my HD feed on the same cam, which i have set to trigger to record 6 seconds before the trigger and also grab images for AI, and these are the Images that get sent to Telegram for me to be notified instead of low quality ones for the sub.

So the issue is this, AI is picking up all the images for sub no problem i have it grabing an image on BI every .5 seconds ( this is a foyer walkway which is why i want it to grab anything coming into my complex) however the HD images are not consistent both on BI and AI. where AI will skip them randomly or BI will get images of frozen frame from prebuffer, but then not come back on to grab the actual image to for AI to process.

any suggestions on settings or a fix for me.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Would some be able to point me in the right direction. not sure if its an iris issue or AI issue, but my set up is as follows, i have a sub stream that runs 24/7 recording and when it detects motion it will trigger the image grab forAI. In AI i have it set so that when its a person that it will trigger my HD feed on the same cam, which i have set to trigger to record 6 seconds before the trigger and also grab images for AI, and these are the Images that get sent to Telegram for me to be notified instead of low quality ones for the sub.

So the issue is this, AI is picking up all the images for sub no problem i have it grabing an image on BI every .5 seconds ( this is a foyer walkway which is why i want it to grab anything coming into my complex) however the HD images are not consistent both on BI and AI. where AI will skip them randomly or BI will get images of frozen frame from prebuffer, but then not come back on to grab the actual image to for AI to process.

any suggestions on settings or a fix for me.
Depending on your hardware setup. You may simply be running out of buffer space. It is possible that each AI analysis is taking more than 0.5 seconds to complete, things then eventually become unreliable as the queue over runs.
Try grabbing the image every 1.5 seconds. If that works and you have a powerful processor you could try installing additional deepstack instances to cope with your 0.5 second requirement.

Last edited:

bsmith76s

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had blue iris setup for 6 months now with BI running on win10 machine with gentle pumpkins aitool. Deepstack is running in docker on same machine. I use one camera method main and sub stream setup. Up until a few days ago everything was working great. Motion detected->picture taken and sent to Deepstack->Deepstack processes and Aitool receives the alert->Aitool triggers BlueIris to record motion and flag clip-> home assistant receives MQTT of motion and binary sensor is tripped to show motion. Things have been great. Now its broken and not working. It does not appear Aitool is sending or BI is not receiving the trigger url. Home assistant also does not receive the MQTT for motion sensor. I do not know what could be wrong. I checked all settings and they are as they were and correct. If I copy the trigger url from Aitool and paste in a browser, it triggers the camera in BI and sensor in home assistant. Any help would be appreciated. I started a new Topic here. AiTool not sending or BI not receiving trigger!!

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@bsmith
Have you looked at the error log? Not sure how well the old version logged issues but the latest version is pretty good. May be it's time to consider updating to the vorlonCD version. You would then be able to check the error log.

I'm sure you have done all the usual stuff like re booting etc ? I recall having a similar issue a good while back that happened after a Win 10 OS update. As I recall I resolved it by triggering BI with the IP address of the actual machine i.e 192.168.1.6:81.
I have kept the direct addressing approach since that time and not had an issue with triggering BI since.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The log looks good to me. Have you tried copying the url's and pasting them directly into your web browser? I know you mentioned earlier that you successfully sent url's manually but at least this way confirms they are identical. Which version of aitool are you running with?

bsmith76s

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI!!! Fixed it. When I copied and pasted the url in the browser of computer I was using to remote desktop in BI machine the url would work. But if pasted in browser of the BI machine I would get Authorization Required. I found I had to add the BI machine to Limit access to IP addresses (not real sure why I had to add IP it is the host computer with same network card). Unsure why all the sudden I needed to add it to list when it has been working for months. I wanted to posted this if anyone is having similar problems

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If I'd like to use more than one URL trigger for a camera, how should I enter the second one? Thanks

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just experienced something interesting with AI Tool 2.0.703.7716.

I received a telegram alert and the red box around the person who caused the positive hit is entirely within a masked area. 100%, no corner of the box is in an unmasked area and nothing else was detected, only 1 thing in the image. I wonder why I got this alert for something in a masked area. This has never happened before and hasn't happened since.

I found the following error in AITool at the same time the alert in question was sent

" Result='Relevant', Detail='Person (82%)', ObjType='Person', DynMaskResult='NotEnabled', DynMaskType='Unknown', ImgMaskResult='NoMaskImageFile', ImgMaskType='None"

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is there a way to get AITool to startup automatically after a reboot?

IPCJIM

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been pretty good about figuring this all out but a power outage knocked me out last night (I really need to get battery backup). When aitools starts I am getting the following error.

Parameter is not valid. [ArgumentException] Mod: folv_history_SelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) Line:3693:32

I am running the 1/11/21 Ver. 2.0.527.7681

Anyone able to help me get back up and running?

Thanks in advance!