[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

CAL7

n3wb
Reaction score
@jz3082 @ManFromKC

Gentlemen- Thank you for posting the latest versions. I haven't yet unlocked the secret to navigating VorlonCD's github to keep up-to-date.

ManFromKC

n3wb
Reaction score

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the deepquestai/deepstack:cpu-2021.02.1 work on Ryzen 9 from AMD? Or do you still have to use the deepquestai/deepstack:noavx? And if so how do you get the latest 2021.02.1 version with noavx?

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So for CPU you can now create multiple instances of Deepstack for Docker for example and run it in parallel on a fast multi core CPU?
I run 5 instances with four 4- MP cameras on a I7 6700. The max queued images AiTool shows is 2. Processor utilization gets up to about 45% if I trigger all 4 cameras at once. At idle the CPU usage is at 11%. You just have to change the port and instance name to run more Docker containers. Run this command from Power Shell to create the Docker container/app.

docker run --restart=always -e MODE=High -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8090:5000 --name deepstack0 deepquestai/deepstack:latest

docker run --restart=always -e MODE=High -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 8091:5000 --name deepstack1 deepquestai/deepstack:latest

Last edited:

granroth

n3wb
Reaction score
This feels like it would be a FAQ but at least my searches came up short (maybe wrong keywords) so I'll ask now: is there a way to practically suppress the motion capture JPG snapshots from being viewed as alerts while still passing them off to AI Tool for processing?

That is, I followed the steps at the beginning of this thread and successfully got AI Tool 1.67 working with a Deepstack running in Docker. It is very good at determining people and so far I haven't had any false positives. All alert videos in my BI feed have been those triggered by AI Tool and they've all had people in them. Sweet!

But it's very difficult to even see those particular alerts since the entire feed is flooded with the raw motion capture JPGs. I'm seeing 1,135 clips with 323 triggers in just the past few days. They show up in the iPhone app like "Snapshot (390K) jpg DeepQuestAI".

I can (and do) just scroll down until I see a video since those will always be from AI Tool... but I'd really not have to wade through scores of clips just to find the rare video (since 90% of triggers aren't people at all).

So back to my initial question -- is there a way to have BI still trigger on motion and push the screen captures to the aux directory for AI Tool but not display them as an alert at all, so all I see are the triggered videos?

chris.h

n3wb
Reaction score
@granroth there is an option on the record tab in blue iris to include jpeg in all clips, with that unchecked i dont see any. there is also a setting on the trigger tab "add to alerts list" I have this selected to none

Im also using the send MQTT image in aitool as a way to show the latest positive trigger to home assistant.

setup a mqtt camera in HA
- platform: mqtt
topic: ai/[cameraname]/image
name: motion_detected_snapshot

then in the automation/notification message just add the image
data:
image: /api/camera_proxy/camera.motion_detected_snapshot

Now all i need to do is fix the way the snapshot is displayed, as the top and bottom of the image get clipped off

ManFromKC

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an easier way to do this. Setup the Blue Iris integration through HACS. I have a blueprint listed on the HA forums that works via an input Boolean. When AITool gets a positive result, it sends an MQTT message. I have nodered take the message and turn on the input Boolean. When the Boolean is activated HA takes a snapshot of the camera and send a notification to the app with an image. If I tap the notification it takes me directly to the camera feeds.

Its near instantaneous. The snapshot from HA is nearly identical to the blue iris/AI tool snapshot. There’s also a feature for a persistent notification that even if your phone is on silent it will make a sound on your phone and watch. Good use for doorbell or a camera location where movement probably requires review.

chris.h

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try and get that integration working a few days ago.. but couldn't make it work.

I've learned a lot about HA since then so i'm giving it another go now.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The windows GPU version works the first time I installed it, but after a reboot, now it won't start anymore. redis-server.exe processes did not start within 858ms. If I try to manually restart it it says "ERROR". I don't understand this because it worked and I changed nothing.

Reaction score
So I've half managed to migrate from AI Tool 1.65 to the (latest?) VorlonCD version 2.0.760.7721. Cameras are all doing what they should be but I'm getting errors in the AI Tool log re access denied for saving settings, as below.

6/03/2021 8:28:28 AM SaveAsync Could not save settings: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\AITool Version 2.0.760.7721 etc etc.Settings.JSON.bak' is denied. [UnauthorizedAccessException] (In
AppSettings.SaveAsync:211) Error AITOOLS.EXE Deepstack_Objects:192.168.1.200:83 LaundryDoorAi None 826068 2 39 False AITool.[2021-03-04].log

There's 3 of these errors each time - all very similar, and sometimes another one about "unable to open database file [SQLiteException]".

Can anyone point me in the right direction to sort this please? Is it a setting in AI Tool or a firewall block or a Windows thing? Running on a Win10 pc.
Thanks for your help.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What could be the cause for the GPU version of Deepstack not to work?

And the Deepstack windows version to give an "ERROR" in AI Tool?
In the log file: redis-server.exe processes did not start within 858ms.

I have a 1080TI.

Reaction score
I'm using a build from 3/3/21 (VorlonCD) that was posted on here. I thought that previously I'd been able to set a different telegram chat ID for one of my Cameras but can't seem to find how to do that now. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to do this?

Reaction score
I'm using a build from 3/3/21 (VorlonCD) that was posted on here. I thought that previously I'd been able to set a different telegram chat ID for one of my Cameras but can't seem to find how to do that now. Can someone point me in the right direction of how to do this?
Replying to my own question. The option is at the bottom of the camera settings page - My screen resolution/ window size caused the bottom of the window to be cropped.

Springer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What could be the cause for the GPU version of Deepstack not to work?

And the Deepstack windows version to give an "ERROR" in AI Tool?
In the log file: redis-server.exe processes did not start within 858ms.

I have a 1080TI.
This sounds like the same problem I bumped into. In the 2021.02.01 version of Deepstack they have dropped support for older GPUs. To verify, go to the AI Tool Deepstack tab and hit the stderr.txt button and scroll through the log.

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This sounds like the same problem I bumped into. In the 2021.02.01 version of Deepstack they have dropped support for older GPUs. To verify, go to the AI Tool Deepstack tab and hit the stderr.txt button and scroll through the log.
I dont think so, my GTX 1050Ti works fine as does my other GTX 750