SmartPSS download speeds very slow

kmac6192

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently set up a dahua system at one of my new stores and the download speed from smart pss is dramatically slower then it is for my other store locations. The only real difference between this stores setup and the others is that all cameras are run directly into the NVR not a POE switch. Ive never setup a dahua system in this way so i just wanted to know if that might be the cause for the extremely slow download speed on smartpss. I also am unable to type the ip address of the NVR into my web browser and access the web interface that way which is not the case for all my other stores. Usually i can log into each indivudal cameras IP and access the settings, live view, etc. but with this setup i cannot. Not sure if that gives any hints as to what the problem is but any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated. If any more info is needed to accurately identify the problem just let me know and ill provide it.

Software Version(NVR): V4.002.0000000.3.R
Device Model: N52B3P4
Smart PSS Version: V2.003.0000004.0 64 bit

kmac6192

n3wb
Reaction score
I typically have the cameras at 1080p resolution which hasnt been an issue at all my other stores but even when lowering the resolution the download speed still trickles along. Assuming it may be an internet/network issue but my download speed is about 150 mbps and upload is about 40 mbps even with all devices connected so not sure if that is the cause. Im pretty competent with setting up and managing the system but i am certainly not an expert in any regard and ive tried all the tricks i can think of.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you downloading on site or remotely?
Is the pc that has SmartPSS installed the same as the other stores?
What model NVR?
What model cameras?

By using the built in PoE ports you have to access the cameras direct by logging in and going through the NVR interface by design. But that doesn’t create a bottleneck for smartpss to download footage so likely not the problem. We can address how to access the cameras direct later but this isn’t the problem.

SmartPSS is pulling the video from the NVR just like the others. So it probably has to do with how your NVR is connected on the network.

You say on your other stores you’re able type in the IP address of the NVR and reach its web interface but not on this one. I assume you mean when you are on site? Or remote?
If on site, is the IP of the NVR 192.168.1.108?

kmac6192

n3wb
Reaction score
Downloading both remotely and on site is very slow which leads me to believe it’s a network issue not a PC quality issue.

The PC at the store isn’t the exact same as the others put it’s comparable in terms of the processor and other components. Slightly better even then most other stores

Dahua camera model: N43BB62

Dahua NVR model: N52B3P4 or N52B3P
(Waiting for exact confirmation on the model
number the store is many states away so I’ll update this if it’s incorrect shortly)

When on site I am unable to use the IP address of the NVR to access the interface the IP address comes up as 192.168.200.82 and the camera IP addresses are 10.1.1.139, 138 and so on. This is one thing I noticed was different as well not sure why the IP addresses of all the cameras start with 10. Instead of at my other stores where it’s the usual 192.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras being plugged into the PoE ports (internal switch) of the NVR are all assigned a 10.1.1.x address be default. Its a security measure, They can only be reached directly by going into the web GUI of the NVR and clicking on the IE buttons. But this isnt your problem as to slow downloads.
NVRwithPoEportsinuse.jpg

If your NVR is at IP 192.168.200.82 , what is the IP of your PC on site? They need to be on the same network.