PayPal

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The irony...down 5 points

I guess $1 is 1 point :rofl:

$5 is not considered savings

If there are two things that these corporations know is that $5 off or $10 off is enough to trigger the average dumb consumer to spend on uncessary things they don't need (except for the toilet paper they so dearly rely on)
As for toilet paper, its better to finger yourself with a cup water and that will leave a far cleaner hole versus flaky toilet paper

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
An alternative popped into my mailbox this morning. I haven't checked it out completely, but at least for US users, from what I've seen so far, it looks like an exact equivalent.

After reading their site, and signing up, they expect to be operating in 143 countries early next year, 2023. Heads up @EMPIRETECANDY .

Last edited:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I bought and sold some things a few year ago on eBay and used paypal. I'm trying to remember, if you are buying something doesn't it depend on what the seller accepts as payment type? I cancelled my paypal too. In the reason why I put "you know why, same as everyone else, get woke, go broke", now they'll probably try to fine me $2500 even though I haven't had money in there for a long time.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought and sold some things a few year ago on eBay and used paypal. I'm trying to remember, if you are buying something doesn't it depend on what the seller accepts as payment type? I cancelled my paypal too. In the reason why I put "you know why, same as everyone else, get woke, go broke", now they'll probably try to fine me $2500 even though I haven't had money in there for a long time.
As long as someone only has a Credit Card attached to PayPal they won't get their money when you dispute the charges. Even if the Credit Card company sides with them and does not take the charge off, just don't pay the bill. Switch CC companies. Just be sure to dispute it on all three Credit Agencies.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I got an alternative in my email inbox too, but it redirected me to a hookup site

Never click on spam email ;)

An alternative popped into my mailbox this morning. I haven't checked it out completely, but at least for US users, from what I've seen so far, it looks like an exact equivalent.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The best alternative is virtual credit / debit cards

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I sold on eBay once. They held onto my money for 30 days before it was available because I was a “new seller.” I’m not sure if that’s still the case, that was 20 years ago.
Never again, from that time on I stuck with Craigslist, and now moved to marketplace.