PayPal

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Might want to check this out if you're a PayPal kind of person...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what I can't buy a MAGA hat through PayPal because Biden Hates Republicans? Trust me, those charges on my CC will NOT be Paid and definitely Disputed...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the woke virtual signaling hypocritical pieces of shit at PayPal got a call from their accounting office that maybe it wasn’t shaping up to be a good idea….

PayPal Reverses Course, Says Company Will Not Seize Money From People For Promoting 'Misinformation'

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like the woke virtual signaling hypocritical pieces of shit at PayPal got a call from their accounting office that maybe it wasn’t shaping up to be a good idea….

PayPal Reverses Course, Says Company Will Not Seize Money From People For Promoting 'Misinformation'
I'm still gone. They can't be jerking people around. They have enough marketing expertise to know better...they will next time.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'd think those in charge at PP would have checked with Coke, Disney, ESPN, NBA, NFL,Yeti, Wells Fargo, Good Year and so on before putting their eggs in that little basket....
But as we all know, you can't fix stupid. :smash::screwy:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score

Not meant to be a comment about paypal's policy, but the Gateway Pundit is guilty of spreading misinformation by saying "users" instead of "sellers". I really hate it when conservative outlets behave just as bad as the liberal outlets. It happens all too often. And I see that zerohedge pulled the same thing. Either of them could have quoted the paragraph that talked about the $2,500. Why not? It's easy enough for the common people to understand.

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not meant to be a comment about paypal's policy, but the Gateway Pundit is guilty of spreading misinformation by saying "users" instead of "sellers". I really hate it when conservative outlets behave just as bad as the liberal outlets. It happens all too often. And I see that zerohedge pulled the same thing. Either of them could have quoted the paragraph that talked about the $2,500. Why not? It's easy enough for the common people to understand.

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
Nope. Wrong. They had it right.

Why do you think Paypal has gone into full bore damage control on a Saturday? Theyve already scrubbed the website of the original agreement. MANY news agencies, conservative and liberal have reported the same today.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
However, when contacted by FOX Business, a PayPal spokesperson said that the Acceptable Use Policy notice went out in error and that the company will not fine users for misinformation.

"An AUP notice recently went out in error that included incorrect information," the spokesperson said. "PayPal is not fining people for misinformation and this language was never intended to be inserted in our policy."

The spokesperson added that the company is in the process of updating its policy changes and apologized for any confusion.

"Our teams are working to correct our policy pages. We’re sorry for the confusion this has caused," the spokesperson added.
As of the publication of this article, the policy hasn't been updated.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Former PayPal President David Marcus commented on the policy, saying in a tweet that the updated Acceptable Use Policy "goes against everything I believe in."
"It’s hard for me to openly criticize a company I used to love and gave so much to. But @PayPal’s new AUP goes against everything I believe in. A private company now gets to decide to take your money if you say something they disagree with," Marcus said. "Insanity."

Elon Musk, Tesla CEO and PayPal co-founder, replied to Marcus, tweeting, "Agreed."

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

Paypal today, Your local banks and credit Institutions Tomorrow.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

Funny thing, PayPal posted that new AUP on September 27th. You mean to tell me that nobody at PayPal proofread before they posted on September 27th, and nobody at the company looked at it until October 8th? Fuckin liars. Mike needs to come up with a new pay source for ICPT+. Somebody might want to alert Andy @EMPIRETECANDY, as I won't use PayPals services to do anymore online business. I'll still purchase from Andy, but I will refuse to use PayPal.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah, but they haven't scrubbed "Wayback Machine", yet.....
Thank you for that link, I never thought of wayback machine. The now defunct Acceptable Use Policy refers to "Restricted Activities and Holds" in the Paypal User Agreement, which says this about the $2,500 "fine":

If you use your PayPal account primarily for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession and you violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then:
  • in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy;
  • you acknowledge and agree that USD 2,500.00 (or the prevailing equivalent in the currency of the country in which you reside) per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is:
    • a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages including but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated;
    • reasonable and proportionate in its application to the provision of the Services to you; and
    • necessary, but no more than sufficient, to protect PayPal’s legitimate interest in your compliance with the Acceptable Use Policy; and
  • PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
This is the most recent version I could find in wayback machine, captured May 12, 2022. I still haven't seen any documentation that says the "fine" applies to buyers. If somebody finds it and sticks my nose in it I will fess up to my error. I still claim that credible media reports should document their claims instead of leaving the reader responsible to verify them.