PayPal

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CBDC
This is a term you will be hearing more of in our future...

What Is a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)?

Recognizing the potential benefits and risks of a U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), the reports encourage the Federal Reserve to continue its ongoing CBDC research, experimentation, and evaluation and call for the creation of a Treasury-led interagency working group to support the Federal Reserve’s efforts.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go Woke, go Broke really holds true to PayPal now...hahaha...love it, they are getting a taste of Cancel Culture...LOL

Actually I would of preferred to talk to a Customer Service person, we would of had a Great conversation, I love speaking my mind...;)

I would drill them with questions like What is a Woman? if they can't answer them correctly I would tell them this is why I am canceling, I don't do business with incompetent businesses...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On a related note, I recently did a 15 day free trial of TMobile Home Internet. (We live in an area in which Comcast has a monopoly and Ive had it with that worthless company.

Anyhoo, i tried the little 5G modem/router/Internet in a box thingy and found it to be lacking, both signal strength and networking capabilities. (For instance its fixed on handing out DHCP on 192.168.12.x and you can't change it, connecting your own router provides a double NAT scenario that makes a mess of things, etc)

So I call to have it cancelled on Day 13. Phone support was polite and efficient and said its been cancelled and you'll receive an email in 5 minutes with the Return Shipping label.

Next morning, no email. So I call again and get a "supervisor". yeah he says, they didnt cancel it, good you called back. The person I spoke to the day before was a contract freelancer and they get commission for "saving" a customer. The 'supervisor" says its really ,really cancelled this time and to expect a email with the return shipping label. I chuckled and told him I'll be glad to hold while you're on the line ;) Got the cancellation email and shipping label and sending it back today.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^ re: trust issues with CSR's competency, etc.

Got my 1G fiber a couple of weeks ago, got around to shipping the AT&T gateway from my Fixed Wireless as requested by the CSR on Friday. UPS Store clerk scans it, says AT&T has a different serial number but she notes it, gives me copy of shipping & transaction and suggests I keep it for at least a year.

When driving home it dawns on me that the reason why the S/N doesn't jive is because a week later Nov. 2019 the FIRST AT&T Pace 5268c modem takes a dump and the one I turned is the SECOND one, the tech that was here must not have changed the S/N on record.

But here's the good stuff: I have an image of the FIRST modem and an image of the SECOND one, the one I turned in. I put both images and a PDF of my return paperwork from UPS in a folder in case they try to bill me for something.......like a raincoat, jacket or flashlight...take it with you and you probably won't need it! :cool:

Reaction score

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It will get MUCH worse and sooner than most realize.

Social credit scores are not just some weird story out of China. They are going full steam ahead. The Central Banks are pushing it and it will snowball quickly once it starts.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It will get MUCH worse and sooner than most realize.

Social credit scores are not just some weird story out of China. They are going full steam ahead. The Central Banks are pushing it and it will snowball quickly once it starts.