Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems to work however (And I feel stupid asking this) but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to playback recorded footage. I have tried everything that I can think of... it was already set to continuous record (by default) and I see a solid green line for the camera per the times. When I try to click play or choose a specific time to start the playback nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Look on page 190: https://ipcamtalk.com/attachments/dhi-nv_user_manual_20160822-pdf.15583/

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use SmartPSS, you can playback with WebUI its just clunky and not intuitive.

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you guys use the Auto Reboot feature? By default mine is set for every Tuesday. What kind of setting changes should I be doing? Resolution rates, etc.

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is Auto Maintain (Auto Reboot) found under Settings a reboot of the NVR or the Camera?

Also why do you disable that feature?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, and Murphy is an asshole and chances are someone will steal ur shit on a Tuesday at 2am.. its not needed and might only be useful for a remote system with nobody to power cycle devices that lockup.

All my dahua's have a watchdog timer; if the software locks up.. it'll auto-reboot on its own..

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nayr,

My question is regarding the install on separate POI switch. This may be a dumb question, how much bandwidth is used per 2mb camera? Second question, on what port of the DVR do you connect the cable that comes from the switch. Is it on the regular ethernet port that traditionally goes from DVR to Switch? Last but not least, will the one 1 gig port be enough to record say all 16 cameras at the same time "if that was to happen?".

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
6-8Mbps per camera, 10Mbps tops w/all streams firing off at highest quality.. GigE will be more than adequate (320Mbps limit of NVR), you'll use the GigE LAN port on the NVR

Redemption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt reply. I have a POE switch, so this setup will be perfect for me. Contacted @EMPIRETECANDY to quote me on a full system;

I am interested in purchasing 6

IPC-HDW5231R-Z

I am interested in purchasing 4

IPC-HDW4231EM-AS

I am interested in purchasing 1

NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

I am interested in purchasing 1

SD59225U-HNI

Last but not Least 1

Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2

Do you know if the NVR is available without the POE, just wondering if the savings would be worth getting without the POE.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you know if the NVR is available without the POE, just wondering if the savings would be worth getting without the POE.
Yes NVR5216-16-4KS2 <- No PoE. It will give you more flexibility in the future and you will be able to access the cameras web interface directly if you use an external PoE switch.

EDIT: @nayr beat me to it :).

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the power output per port and overall max of the 16p model? Can't seem to find the info in specs.

I know most recommend getting a separate switch, but I'm trying to budget all options.

Thanks!

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What about exporting just the IVS/motion events to the cloud (or somewhere else)?