Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 I am assuming this update should be done with the factory reset, flash firmware, factory reset process?

This one can be a pain for some folks that have used the expanded capabilities this firmware offers like multiple profiles (more than 2), and setting up different profiles based on month of the year.

The older GUI without as many features could be set back up in minutes from scratch. This one will be a little longer if the factory reset process is still the recommended approach.
I do prefer the full approach I listed before for reset, flash, reset to ensure full flush, yes. The reason for this is I’ve experienced first hands the issues with non flushed HW registers etc. However, the newer GUI FW is getting more resilient in these builds. It’s something I’ve been working on and feeding back to Dahua devs as a top, side priority to the bugs since it impacts multiple cams across multiple model lines and is integral to cam maintenance processes. Therefore with this build you can try as standard upgrade process. I tested this for you on the 3 cams + T180s on this new build and at the moment is looking good.

HTH

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do prefer the full approach I listed before for reset, flash, reset to ensure full flush, yes. The reason for this is I’ve experienced first hands the issues with non flushed HW registers etc. However, the newer GUI FW is getting more resilient in these builds. It’s something I’ve been working on and feeding back to Dahua devs as a top, side priority to the bugs since it impacts multiple cams across multiple model lines and is integral to cam maintenance processes. Therefore with this build you can try as standard upgrade process. I tested this for you on the 3 cams + T180s on this new build and at the moment is looking good.

HTH
Awesome. @EMPIRETECANDY where can we d/l the newest firmware? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

DDomnick

n3wb
Reaction score
Bug / minor quibble for next firmware update: The Device Model description under System Info has been removed. This is my first firmware update from 3.0.0.0 Build Date 2022-08-26 to V3.120.0000000.12.R, Build Date: 2023-01-05, so Im not sure if it was removed in a prior update.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Bug / minor quibble for next firmware update: The Device Model description under System Info has been removed. This is my first firmware update from 3.0.0.0 Build Date 2022-08-26 to V3.120.0000000.12.R, Build Date: 2023-01-05, so Im not sure if it was removed in a prior update.
I will do a checking tomorrow, will ask them to add it back.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I found a small "bug" and I have a work around. When going from a set-up screen and going back to "Live view", the
system hangs and no view comes up.

1. have the System tab open.
2. Stop live view. and reopen.

System will show "Live View" now.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I found a small "bug" and I have a work around. When going from a set-up screen and going back to "Live view", the
system hangs and no view comes up.

1. have the System tab open.
2. Stop live view. and reopen.

System will show "Live View" now.
Which browser @garycrist as I'm not seeing that on IE but can test in another browser too like Firefox etc

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
May I request/ask for next firmware, IF possible, to add one or two more shutter speed like 1/130,1/140,1/150 etc?

Please and thank you
You can still do those shutter speeds by going down to the bottom and selecting custom and enter those in ms

1/130 shutter would be 7.69 to 7.69ms
1/140 shutter would be 7.14 to 7.14ms
1/150 shutter would be 6.66 to 6.66ms

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can still do those shutter speeds by going down to the bottom and selecting custom and enter those in ms

1/130 shutter would be 7.69 to 7.69ms
1/140 shutter would be 7.14 to 7.14ms
1/150 shutter would be 6.66 to 6.66ms

You taught me well , I'm currently using ms format. But sometimes I would like to use the 1/xxx format because I see that when I use that the image is a bit more "stable".

1 divided by 130 then times 1000 = 7.69 ;)

Thanks

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You taught me well , I'm currently using ms format. But sometimes I would like to use the 1/xxx format because I see that when I use that the image is a bit more "stable".

Thanks
Custom is always yours friend. I highly advocate for this when standard shutter won’t meet your needs OR you need a controllable range

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks
Did you use the range as an actual range like 0 to 7.69 or were they same like 7.69 to 7.69 thus it is a fixed 1/130s shutter?

Because yes we can see issues in certain field of views and lighting conditions with a too large of a range.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You want to make sure you set with an appropriate, more tight range OR if wanting to specifically fix on a shutter speed then ensure left and right boxes are populated with the same number. DON"T use 0

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you use the range as an actual range like 0 to 7.69 or were they same like 7.69 to 7.69 thus it is a fixed 1/130s shutter?

Because yes we can see issues in certain field of views and lighting conditions with a too large of a range.
I did the range 0-7.69 vs 7.69 - 7.69

Learning something new everyday :)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
If all the testing keeps being done on IE, other browsers will never end up being fully compatible.
Not a case of only using IE for testing, it's more the case that this is the only fully compatible browser (until recent deployments) that truly work with Dahua GUI's. As we've all discussed before, other browsers unfortunately (up to Firefox support most recently) cause anomalies in config, maintenance modes, updates etc. All of this reported back to Dahua to tackle in future but while we all await compatibility with wider browser and platform acceptance OR browser agnostic GUI's, this is unfortunately where we're all at.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Well considering Chrome is the most popular, closely followed by Firefox and IE, albeit with IE now retired so probably off that chart, you'd have thought Dahua would have acted by now. I'm guessing someone there can't be bothered with recoding for another browser.As for Edge, does anyone know anyone who actually uses it?