Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wondering here, will the 4kT adapt automatically to changing light conditions?

In my application I have floodlights with reasonable amount of ambient light on 1 camera and near darkness on the other, So if I set eg a night time profile for the low light condition, when the floodlights kick on from movement, will the 4kt over ride the night profile and adapt to the increased light or swicth to day, or will the profiel keep the camera pegged at night until sunrise and force me to thereore run a single day profile 24/7 on these cameras and rely purely on the lights to make the picture usable which will otherwise bee to dark without the re-inforcement?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question, I presently have a 5442 2.8mm running Day profile 24/7. Apparently I have enough light since my IR has never kicked On. If I were to replace the CAM with the 4KT, can I assume that the CAM would perform the same way but even better? I will be keeping the LEDs Off.

1678801841205.png

1678801323187.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question, I presently have a 5442 2.8mm running Day profile 24/7. Apparently I have enough light since my IR has never kicked On. If I were to replace the CAM with the 4KT, can I assume that the CAM would perform the same way but even better? I will be keeping the LEDs Off.

View attachment 156832

View attachment 156830
I assume you are not on default/auto settings?

But yes this camera lets in so much more light. My 5442 is around 1/60 shutter and same field of view I can run double and triple shutter and still brighter than the 5442.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I assume you are not on default/auto settings?

But yes this camera lets in so much more light. My 5442 is around 1/60 shutter and same field of view I can run double and triple shutter and still brighter than the 5442.
Thanks.
Correct, No Auto settings. Screen captures don't paint the best picture. Just thinking I may want to upgrade, but may wait for the Varifocal since I am not in a hurry to buy.

But correct me if I am wrong, other than using varifocal for testing/location unless you are viewing live and adjusting focal most varifocals stay fixed.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using a 4kT / X have an answer on the profile question?

It seems David and myself have the same question.

Do you need day and night profiles set for the 4kt or can you just use auto or a day profile 24/7?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone using a 4kT / X have an answer on the profile question?

It seems David and myself have the same question.

Do you need day and night profiles set for the 4kt or can you just use auto or a day profile 24/7?
I have a 4K/X and run different profiles for night and day. When I get my 18,000 lumen LED up next month, I'm hoping to be able to use the same settings. lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
does a fixed exposure at night give better results?
Whenever you take control away from the camera it is a good thing as they are designed to favor bright static images, so it will always favor the slower shutter of the range at night whenever it can.

So if you have a field of view with consistent light conditions, then yes a fixed exposure is the better option.

But if you have changing light conditions like flood lights or headlights, etc., then a range is better to adjust to the differing light conditions.

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So IDK if anyone else had this issue, but I couldn't get my cameras to respond to API commands and it was because I had turned off CGI in Network > Basic Settings.

I did firmware upgrades and factory resets and was reconfiguring everything and I guess absent mindedly turned CGI off. No idea what it stands for, but it I can change profiles again with the API call.

EDIT: of course after I post, I find the thread explaining that CGI is common gateway interface. Thats what I get when I research the fix after posting it.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
But if you have changing light conditions like flood lights or headlights, etc., then a range is better to adjust to the differing light conditions.
Any guidance on this from experience eg would your run a range of say 1/60 or 1/120 to 1/500?

Would I be correct in guessing you wouldn't want to go below 1/60 to preserve motion and probably wouldn't need to go above 1/500 unless running very bright lighting eg 10K lumen +.