Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Because they don't want to invest in a complete rewrite of the firmware.

We are not their target audience and if the authorized dealers and installers aren't complaining they do not have an incentive to change.

Even the new GUI that is supposed to be more browser friendly, some folks are finding is still sensitive to browser.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ended up having a virtual machine just to run Edge in IE mode as ActiveX is a security risk to have enabled in a browser.

Reaction score
I'm having a really difficult time accessing the camera admin on one of the 4k cameras i bought.

its extremely laggy and keeps making me login after trying to access any page after logging in.

chrome doesn't even load the login page, safari does allow me to get in.

firmware is 3.000.0000000.17.RBuild Date:2022-08-26

is there an update available? i already tried turning on and off power and nothing seems to help

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just recently got mine installed after sitting in a box for a year, and got new FW from Andy, may want to check with him if you bought from him.
3.120.0000000.12.RBuild Date:2023-01-05

I had trouble with a number of browsers at first, after a factory reset Im finding edge in IE mode works fine as does Chrome

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it works fine in chrome it should work equally fine in edge without IE mode.
They're essentially the same browser.
Think ActiveX is what sets MS Edge/IE separate from other Browsers...maybe it is not used much anymore...

TheOtherMike

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see two OEM firmwares:
  • DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_NP_Stream3-USA_V3.120.0000000.12.R.230105
  • DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.12.R.230105

"NP" vs "PN"?
"USA" vs ?

Are there significant differences?
Which one should someone from the USA use?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see two OEM firmwares:
  • DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_NP_Stream3-USA_V3.120.0000000.12.R.230105
  • DH_IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.12.R.230105

"NP" vs "PN"?
"USA" vs ?

Are there significant differences?
Which one should someone from the USA use?
Looks like a typo.

@EMPIRETECANDY should be able to help you...

TheOtherMike

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Awesome - thanks guys!
Maybe I'll wait for Andy to release firmware before updating.
I just picked up a second one of these cameras and it's still in the box.
I have zero complaints with my first.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having a really difficult time accessing the camera admin on one of the 4k cameras i bought.

its extremely laggy and keeps making me login after trying to access any page after logging in.

chrome doesn't even load the login page, safari does allow me to get in.

firmware is 3.000.0000000.17.RBuild Date:2022-08-26

is there an update available? i already tried turning on and off power and nothing seems to help
I think it is because the camera is configured for H265, and safari among many other browsers do not have h265 decoding capabilities, so something it doing the decoding, not sure if the camera or the browser, but so far I understand, there is a conversion happening live as you view the camera live view

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Think ActiveX is what sets MS Edge/IE separate from other Browsers...maybe it is not used much anymore...
Edge doesn't run activex or flash, defunct tech. If you want to run activex, you need IE, Edge emulates IE, but again that is like closing your door at night but a shoe lace

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok all, I completed my testing across the 4K-T range of cams and can conclude the following. It's nice to see a lot of the feedback I submitted through my testing has now been implemented in FW:

Summary = Overall, nice update
  • Algorithm changes have been made which assist with overall PQ due to reducing under hood (non user controllable) gain
  • Picture quality has also improved in other areas (without additional artifacts) in part with over sharpening in general reduced slightly more
  • Noticing less 'jaggies' present when comparing against my last recommended FW of 9-22 / 10-22
  • Also slightly less fringing (chromatic aberration) on this FW, just slightly
  • Night PQ is a little better with less dark areas/shadows crushed
  • Noise has been improved and reduced
    • Specifically, a move in taming the pulsing noise (which I had commented on before and hate), and moving. While pulse is still present it is HIGHLY subdued now and the crawl is the more dominant noise pattern

@EMPIRETECANDY this one looks good to me !

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Wildcat,

Yes, the pic looks little better than the old one after we tested, This fw will be good for IPC-Color4K-T and the IPC-Color4K-T180.
Will release the new fw within 1 hour.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 I am assuming this update should be done with the factory reset, flash firmware, factory reset process?

This one can be a pain for some folks that have used the expanded capabilities this firmware offers like multiple profiles (more than 2), and setting up different profiles based on month of the year.

The older GUI without as many features could be set back up in minutes from scratch. This one will be a little longer if the factory reset process is still the recommended approach.