Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the wget and sunwait utilities to switch modes on this camera?

I'm trying that now, but I'm having trouble getting wget commands to authenticate to the camera. That is documantied in this thread:
Program for flipping cameras to day/night on Linux
This camera follows a different API than the other Dahua cams. You would need to modify the API accordingly:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DahuaSunriseSunset utility (ver 1.9.0.0) is working with this cam, running firmware 3.120.0000000.2.R.
I believe this is still a beta release.

grapedaddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you. I am also running that firmware. Although I had been running DahuaSunriseSunset ver 1.4, I installed 1.9.0 and was unable to get it to work with my new IPC-Color4K-T. The url calls that work in a web browser are clearly different, APIs, but that is a separate problem. I'm sure I could accomplish the same and pass the correct strings to my newer camera using scripts that call sunwait and then wget --iff I could get wget to authenticate. Passing login info via wget seems to fail.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you. I am also running that firmware. Although I had been running DahuaSunriseSunset ver 1.4, I installed 1.9.0 and was unable to get it to work with my new IPC-Color4K-T. The url calls that work in a web browser are clearly different, APIs, but that is a separate problem. I'm sure I could accomplish the same and pass the correct strings to my newer camera using scripts that call sunwait and then wget --iff I could get wget to authenticate. Passing login info via wget seems to fail.
I was able to get the sunrise/sunset switch working by using the cam UI:
  • setting up the day and night settings under the Customized Scene selection, saving all settings, APPLY
  • then switching to Self-adaptive setting, APPLY

Then using the sunrise/sunset utility, enter cam details, including sunrise & sunset profiles - same as your other dahua cams.
Then simulate sunrise & sunset. Should see the cam image switch profiles & see the cam UI switch back to Customized Scene (ensure you click Refresh).

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the illuminator? Mine does not stay on. If I go into the camera settings it will turn on, but once I switch over to live view its off. I did double check the day/night times and its clearly set to go on at the correct times.

I am on FW: 3.120.0000000.2.R

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the illuminator? Mine does not stay on. If I go into the camera settings it will turn on, but once I switch over to live view its off. I did double check the day/night times and its clearly set to go on at the correct times.

I am on FW: 3.120.0000000.2.R
Are you using Internet Explorer? It has been found that this one is indeed sensitive to browser and best to use IE, not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab.

Mine stays on when it should.

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer? It has been found that this one is indeed sensitive to browser and best to use IE, not Edge or Chrome with the IE tab.

Mine stays on when it should.
No currently using Chrome and it used to stay at some point.

Wait I thought the new WebUI works properly now with Edge or Chrome?

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I figured it out. Looks like its the Night/Day mode that is the issue. Its not obeying the time range I set for some reason. The time on the camera is correct as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No currently using Chrome and it used to stay at some point.

Wait I thought the new WebUI works properly now with Edge or Chrome?
I figured it out. Looks like its the Nigh/Day mode that is the issue. Its not obeying the time range I set for some reason. The time on the camera is correct as well.
It has been documented in this thread the issues with other browsers, despite that it is supposed to work with other browsers. @Wildcat_1 has tore this firmware apart and broke it down and recommends using IE.

Regarding the time issue, it is noted somewhere in this thread that you need to keep this camera on 24 hour time. If you use 12 hour, then you get the problems you have.

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has been documented in this thread the issues with other browsers, despite that it is supposed to work with other browsers. @Wildcat_1 has tore this firmware apart and broke it down and recommends using IE.

Regarding the time issue, it is noted somewhere in this thread that you need to keep this camera on 24 hour time. If you use 12 hour, then you get the problems you have.
Thank you, that is was it. Once is set it to 24hr its working properly now. I should not have to use a defunct browser though to configure the camera. Personally I have not had any issues using Chrome though.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the 4K Dahua offer a url for a still image as well as a stream that the web browser can open? I know the admin page has the stream in it, but I just want to open a browser window with the username/password inside the URL to allow for accessing a still frame. I'd also want to be able to have just the camera stream.

I found the rtsp link from earlier that looks like this that you can punch into VLC.

rtsp:/user:password@192.168.1.34

snoopynb

n3wb
Reaction score
did all the above now i do get the key to 1 but lag is still awful.
All my cameras go to 24 port gigabit switch. So does Pfsense router and BI machine. Have rules in Pfsense to block all cam to WAN.
I also had slight stuttering in Blue Iris after updating the camera firmware to V3.120.0000000.2.R, Build Date: 2022-10-21, although the video part of recordings seemed fine, audio on them was out of sync and live preview via UI3 was choppy, so I switched the decoding from default (software) to Intel (R) (hardware), now the audio is synced properly and video seems fluid in UI3, although weirdly it uses more CPU resources when hardware decoding is turned on. I didn't have these issues with previous firmware from september. My setup is Intel i5 10400, and I tested the camera with both H264H, and H264.

I do use Smart Codec with all my cameras (huge space savings in my case), so far I've had no issues with Blue Iris with it, other than some seconds of skipped time between recordings, with any other camera (dozen of mixed dahua/hikvision ones), nor did it cause any issues with this one with previous firmware, I could test without it, but since everything works fine with hardware decoding I'd rather not touch it anymore until something else comes up.

Last edited:

TheOtherMike

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Regarding auto-switching between Day/Night:

I have one of these "deviceType=IPC-Color4K-T-2.8mm" running "version=3.120.0000000.2.R,build:2022-10-21" and successfully switching between Day/Night based upon schedule but I'd prefer to switch based upon brightness.
I set this up using the Web UI however the following options seem inconsistent with observed behavior:

table.VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.SwitchMode=4 (No switch always use normal)
table.VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0
table.VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.DayNightSensitivity=2
table.VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.DayNightSwitchDelay=6

Hoping that somehow the following setting will work:

table.VideoInOptions[0].NightOptions.SwitchMode=1 (switch depends upon brightness)

but I am reluctant to start twiddling bits before asking.

Any advice on how to switch based upon brightness (if at all possible)?

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got the HDW5849H-ASE-LED same camera.
This CMOS uses OMNIVISION OS08B10 type 1/1.25"
Stacked CMOS image sensor.
Pixel size : 2.9μm
Frame rate: 30x3 fps @4K2K

The processor code name is XS7320 and the computing power is 1.5Tops.
Can ANPR.
Firmware version IPC-HX5(4)XXX-Taurus_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V3.120.0000000.2.R.20221021.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it known if the Color4K-T camera is utilizing the newer Sony IMX585, over the Color4K-X's IMX485?

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The answer is in the post above. It would appear according to Kobe, it's an Omnivision.

mephisto_uk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the first post wildcat mentions:

Close Focus Distance - ** Specs say 13.8ft but in my testing this is closer to 18 - 20ft

I was checking the video review and he is 3 metres (10 feet) away from the camera and to me, that looks in focus

Also he moves further in, and still in focus.

Pardon my ignorance here, I'm planning to get the best cameras I can get, and I was hoping to use this model over my house main door, and that would mean people dropping letters and parcels, so I want to ensure I can get good, focused image between 2 to 4 metres (6 to 14 feet).