Worlds First Review - Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED / IPC-Color4K-T - 2.8mm Turret

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the PDF manual for this camera?
Edit: found one, someone linked it in an earlier post. Still wish there was a diagram of the pigtail.

I was hoping there's a diagram of what all the connectors on the pigtail are for. It seems like there's bare wires as well as RCA jacks. Does anyone have a good picture of it or even better has one with labels to tell you what to expect?

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume you tried the commands from this post below as the API is different for this camera than other Dahua cams:

@wittaj - on my camera I'm seeing the commands reversed,
Code:
SwitchMode=0
results in Day profile (makes sense logically as its the first setting) and
Code:
SwitchMode=3
results in the night profile. Might be weirdness with the lastest firmware V3.120.0000000.2.R.221021.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL I was just getting ready to say that. I just updated mine to the latest firmware and had to flip them. Could have been weirdness in the old firmware as well.

It was a lot of trial and error to figure those out. I am still trying to figure it out for the other profile options they provide because I would love to have the LED come on in the middle of the night as it helps my other cameras and that can be done with all the profiles and schedule in the camera GUI, but I can't figure out the API for other than day, night, general.

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LOL I was just getting ready to say that. I just updated mine to the latest firmware and had to flip them. Could have been weirdness in the old firmware as well.

It was a lot of trial and error to figure those out. I am still trying to figure it out for the other profile options they provide because I would love to have the LED come on in the middle of the night as it helps my other cameras and that can be done with all the profiles and schedule in the camera GUI, but I can't figure out the API for other than day, night, general.
Check out this post:

It has the API guide, page 154 has all the parameters for NightOptions.SwitchMode that might give you a clue on the other modes.

It's a really old spec (2020), @EMPIRETECANDY is there a new Dahua HTTP API doc you can share?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check out this post:

It has the API guide, page 154 has all the parameters for NightOptions.SwitchMode that might give you a clue on the other modes.

It's a really old spec (2020), @EMPIRETECANDY is there a new Dahua HTTP API doc you can share?
Yeah this camera doesn't follow that API or even the most recent version. It is why it was so much trial and error and why the previous APIs didn't work that brought about your original post about why the previous camera APIs didn't work for this camera.

I have done the GET command and have all the parameters and run them and says ok, but it doesn't work. It is just a matter of finding the right combination.

I mean for this camera to switch from day to night, there is no reason to need "&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0" at the end as the API manual doesn't say to do that, yet it won't work unless you have that command.

Further, the API says the following:

NightOptions.SwitchMode
0: NoSwitch, always use day options.
1: Switch depends on brightness.
2: Switch depends on time, switch to NightOptions
3: NoSwitch, always use NightOptions.
4: No switch, always use NormalOptions.

Yet this camera has the following profiles:

Day
Night
General
Front Light
Back Light
Strong Backlight
Low Illuminance
Custom 1
Custom 2

None of the existing API manuals account for that many different profiles. It needs to be updated based on this new GUI.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Check out this post:

Sorry buddy that file can't share online, if you want something can contact us directly. we have the latest new.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to the PDF manual for this camera?
Edit: found one, someone linked it in an earlier post. Still wish there was a diagram of the pigtail.

I was hoping there's a diagram of what all the connectors on the pigtail are for. It seems like there's bare wires as well as RCA jacks. Does anyone have a good picture of it or even better has one with labels to tell you what to expect?
Don’t have mine yet but there is Audio in an out, and alarm in and out listed on the data sheet, audio will be rca usually with dahua, alarm are bare wires, usually have labels does yours not?
Audio Input 1 channel (RCA port)
Audio Output 1 channel (RCA port)
Alarm Input 1 channel in: 5mA 3V–5 VDC
Alarm Output 1 channel out: 300mA 12 VDC

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the pic for the cables come with the camera,
Alarm: 1 in, 1 out; audio: 1 in, 1 out; built-in Mic and speaker, support two-way talk.

1670404765430.png

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , I'd also like to have a copy of the http protocol. These cameras would be so much more useful if we can programmatically access more things - LED brightness, profiles, etc...

i will send to @wittaj he can post something out if any guys need some help, but can't post the whole file. Thanks for understanding.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , I'd also like to have a copy of the http protocol. These cameras would be so much more useful if we can programmatically access more things - LED brightness, profiles, etc...
In my review, it still doesn't address this camera. The APIs for profiles, etc. are the same as the previous versions, including the one linked above in Post 670.

It appears all they did was add APIs for new camera technology like for the traffic counter cameras, and a whole section for SCADA systems.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What kind of options are there for this or a similar camera for playing audio through the speaker?

Steviedee

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you able to figure out how to change the day/night profiles? I'm using the BI PTZ preset on-call functionality with all my other camera's. I can send the HTTP request w/o issue, BI shows as successful, but the camera doesnt change profiles. Thanks
Have given up with it unfortunately. Rather disappointing because thats my only gripe about this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah this camera doesn't follow that API or even the most recent version. It is why it was so much trial and error and why the previous APIs didn't work that brought about your original post about why the previous camera APIs didn't work for this camera.

I have done the GET command and have all the parameters and run them and says ok, but it doesn't work. It is just a matter of finding the right combination.

I mean for this camera to switch from day to night, there is no reason to need "&VideoInOptions[].NightOptions.DayNightColor=0" at the end as the API manual doesn't say to do that, yet it won't work unless you have that command.

Further, the API says the following:

NightOptions.SwitchMode
0: NoSwitch, always use day options.
1: Switch depends on brightness.
2: Switch depends on time, switch to NightOptions
3: NoSwitch, always use NightOptions.
4: No switch, always use NormalOptions.

Yet this camera has the following profiles:

Day
Night
General
Front Light
Back Light
Strong Backlight
Low Illuminance
Custom 1
Custom 2

None of the existing API manuals account for that many different profiles. It needs to be updated based on this new GUI.

Good on you for figuring it out. I spent 30 mins fuzzing the API using the old API guide and didn't get far. The web5.0 firmware defintely has some bugs but disappointed to see they're not even following their own spec.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good on you for figuring it out. I spent 30 mins fuzzing the API using the old API guide and didn't get far. The web5.0 firmware defintely has some bugs but disappointed to see they're not even following their own spec.
Yeah, for now it is on my list to figure out, so for the moment I am using the schedule feature in the camera to run the various profiles. It is great that they have added so many more options in this 5.0 firmware, but so many people are going to want to run API like their other cameras and with other systems and the simplest API commands don't want to actually execute in the camera. I can run the API and it comes back successful but the camera doesn't change.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, for now it is on my list to figure out, so for the moment I am using the schedule feature in the camera to run the various profiles. It is great that they have added so many more options in this 5.0 firmware, but so many people are going to want to run API like their other cameras and with other systems and the simplest API commands don't want to actually execute in the camera. I can run the API and it comes back successful but the camera doesn't change.
I've been searching for a way to turn on the LED or adjust the LED brightness via API. If anyone has luck doing that, please give a shout out.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1-Yes ,the audio overall is very poor on this cam. I found that the gain is set way too high for the mic at default. Turning volume down to around 50% gets rid of the digital noise. But the audio is still subpar compared to the 5442 or 5231 series of cams overall.
With an external microphone, would the audio issue be solved? I don't know the technical details - if the poor audio is caused by bad electronics or bad microphone.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An external mic will almost always be better. I doubt they put high end mic gear in these.