Security cameras from previous owner

Stoorms

n3wb
Reaction score
There isn't much to go on from that picture, it could be almost anything.

Is there a location in the house where you see cables coming together where there might have been some equipment that they connected to?
not that I could tell. Than again, all this is new to me so I don’t know where to look. I figured since there is even 2 in the backyard they are unlikely to be fake.

Stoorms

n3wb
Reaction score
There isn't much to go on from that picture, it could be almost anything.

Is there a location in the house where you see cables coming together where there might have been some equipment that they connected to?
No I will look further though. I assumed they were fake until I seen the 2 in the backyard.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say they are not fake and as others have stated, a lot more info is needed.

Ideally, if one could be taken down for close examination without damaging the connector(s) or falling off the ladder. :cool:

Stoorms

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd say they are not fake and as others have stated, a lot more info is needed.

Ideally, if one could be taken down for close examination without damaging the connector(s) or falling off the ladder. :cool:
Alright thanks for green light. When my work day is finished I will attempt this with the handy ladder thanks.

Stoorms

n3wb
Reaction score
1. can you ask the previous owner?
2. can you find a manufacturer name on them?
3. Is there a place in the house where your phone/internet cables come in? Is there a modem/router there?
4. can you pull one down and see what kind of wire it has?

Photos of these things would help us help you.
1:am still waiting on this no reply yet.

I just had cable setup, is there something to look out for here. Off the bat, I didnt notice anything strange.

4 That I will try out in near future

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look up in the attic. You should see cables running from the cams going somewhere. Follow that trail.

Reaction score
I just had cable setup, is there something to look out for here. Off the bat, I didnt notice anything strange.
So where does your cable come in? What does the equipment look like there? Post pics.

Do you have a land line telephone? Where does the telephone line come in? Are there telephone outlets in rooms?

Do any of your rooms have coax cable or ethernet connections? Jacks like the ones below?
IMG_4996.JPGIMG_4997.JPGIMG_4998.JPG

Do you have an alarm system? Is there a central cable center in a closet or someplace like this?

InkedIMG_4999c.jpg

If so, then there is a good chance that is where your cam cables terminate.