Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bickford wooo, the camera has very nice full color at your place, and the autotracking is amazing, focus all good, the software also looks great, thanks a lot for your video posting!

Yes it's a good product, the only small flaw is that I find that the motor makes a little noise.
the auto tracking is quite surprising!

BICK

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes it's a good product, the only small flaw is that I find that the motor makes a little noise.
the auto tracking is quite surprising!

BICK
Thanks for your video review of the SD4A425DB-HNY Mini PTZ. I was hoping to see more videos of this camera from different members to see if the same
problem with focus and blurry image also exist like previous videos.

But it seems like your video shows the best quality of this camera with sharper image and less blurry or focus problem compared to the other 2 videos.

Sandman_01

n3wb
Reaction score
You can usually get it to not loose tracking so quickly if you change the target ratio a bit or turn PFA off, and I think this thing learns LOL. If the target ratio is too large, it will miss faster moving objects and lose tracking faster when an object stops.

My 49225 when I first got it would immediately lose track if someone stopped. Now it will hold at least 10 seconds if someone stops.

I do think they learn though as my Dahua PTZ seems to linger on for 10 seconds or so. Part of that can be by not having it zoom in so tight that you don't give it much to work with. Mine zooms in tight enough that I can see the whole body, so when they stop for their dog doing its business, there is usually a tapping foot or something that keeps it tracking.
Do you mind sharing what your 49225 target ratio is?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been talking with @wittaj after installing mine. I can't get the API to call the day/night profile from BI.

I still have a lot to dial in with it, but it's been fun to mess with so far.
Yeah, we have been doing trial and error trying to figure this out. It doesn't like the API provided in Dahua docs and doesn't like the API I figured out for the 4K/T using the same web GUI.

When I get my hands on one of these I will try more, but I tried what would be the obvious ones based on my experience with APIs.

Reaction score
I'm loving this SD4A425DB-HNY PTZ Camera especially thanks to EmpireTech Andy's Spring Sale.

However I'm having troubles getting it configured in Blue Iris, below are my results with Find/inspect...
Opening 192.168.92.90 port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2023-03-26T19:23:50.000Z
Requesting device information...
Bad response
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/imaging_service
Has media services: /onvif/media_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/event_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/deviceIO_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Opening 192.168.92.90 port 8999...
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

With the Generic/ONVIF option there are no Stream profiles and PTZ doesn't work in Blue Iris.

Any suggestions? Please,
Dennis

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The bad response is a classic sign of the ONVIF username and password getting screwed up.

Sometimes they don't follow over at setup or if you changed it.

You need to go to user and find ONVIF manager and then change the admin to your password.

If that doesn't do it then delete the camera from BI and do a factory reset and set up again.

If the problem still persists but everything works in BI then simply copy these into the main and substream:

Main Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

1st Sub Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

Reaction score
The bad response is a classic sign of the ONVIF username and password getting screwed up.

Sometimes they don't follow over at setup or if you changed it.

You need to go to user and find ONVIF manager and then change the admin to your password.

If that doesn't do it then delete the camera from BI and do a factory reset and set up again.

If the problem still persists but everything works in BI then simply copy these into the main and substream:

Main Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

1st Sub Stream:
/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1
Thanks so much wittaj.

It took the factory reset, but that did it. BL now has the Stream profiles and PTZ works. Even with the BL UI3 interface.

Thanks again,
Dennis

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks so much wittaj.

It took the factory reset, but that did it. BL now has the Stream profiles and PTZ works. Even with the BL UI3 interface.

Thanks again,
Dennis
Good deal.

I usually factory reset when I first get a camera, so I didn't have this issue, but this seems to be an issue that many have had with this camera for some reason.

So for anyone finding this thread using this camera and Blue Iris, first course of action is to factory reset the camera first.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a question.... The specs say the DH-SD4A425DB-HNY is IP66 waterproof. There's a hole in the top of the case. Is it ok for water to be running into that hole?

IP66 definition:
Water projected in powerful jets (12.5 mm (0.49 in)) against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Good deal.

I usually factory reset when I first get a camera, so I didn't have this issue, but this seems to be an issue that many have had with this camera for some reason.

So for anyone finding this thread using this camera and Blue Iris, first course of action is to factory reset the camera first.
I don't think I did a factory reset on mine? I didn't have any issues, if so.

jparrie

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering why I have these two left & right stripes going through the night picture? Not something I've seen on anyone else's night shots. However, I should say that where I am it is total darkness, no lights whatsoever.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just wondering why I have these two left & right stripes going through the night picture? Not something I've seen on anyone else's night shots. However, I should say that where I am it is total darkness, no lights whatsoever.
Do you have another camera looking that way or an infrared blaster?

How far out are you zoomed? It almost looks like the one set of IR is a more localized than wide angle IR?

I will point mine somewhere where I don't have another camera looking and see if I can replicate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess in totally dark areas it has been determined best to focus on providing larger IR to center.

jparrie

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have another camera looking that way or an infrared blaster?

How far out are you zoomed? It almost looks like the one set of IR is a more localized than wide angle IR?

I will point mine somewhere where I don't have another camera looking and see if I can replicate.
Nothing else at all, just this cam.

Cam is zoomed fully out, As I zoom in the stripes disappear, so I guess it's the two darker areas of the glass that I'm seeing. Is that to be expected?

I should say I think considering the lack of light the picture is pretty good, apart from the darker areas.