Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried everything with the camera. what was advised in the forum and what I was able to come up with myself. Unfortunately, the camera does not connect and that's it. Maybe You @EMPIRETECANDY know the location of the failure, it can be replaced this damaged part - I can replace it myself, of course, advice would be needed - the sequence of work... If not, maybe the warranty is still valid or the camera still needs to be repaired. How can this be done?

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question for the gurus on this camera. The auto tracking is damn cool and works surprisingly well even with high speed objects! Is there a linger timer setting somewhere? Say for instance, in theory, the neighbor walks his dog across the yard and the camera follows them across the yard. The dog decides to stop and take a dump, so everyone is still for 10-20 seconds. The camera will give up and move back to the preset. Is there a setting I'm missing to adjust this timeout?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Question for the gurus on this camera. The auto tracking is damn cool and works surprisingly well even with high speed objects! Is there a linger timer setting somewhere? Say for instance, in theory, the neighbor walks his dog across the yard and the camera follows them across the yard. The dog decides to stop and take a dump, so everyone is still for 10-20 seconds. The camera will give up and move back to the preset. Is there a setting I'm missing to adjust this timeout?
Nope doesn't exist unfortunately. That is why the spotter cams are so important to help guide and point it the right way if someone stops or it loses track.

Here is a great post by @bigredfish showing that in action when the PTZ stops tracking and then reengages due to a spotter cam.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I understand it can be more complicated than first blush, but if we had a simple 'dwell" setting from 0-30 seconds that says, when you lose track, hold for up to 30 seconds and reacquire any moving object in the FOV. The problem is that the camera is now likely looking at an area without IVS or other tracking triggers, so it doesn't know what to track

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I undertsand it can be more complicated than first blush, but if we had a simple 'dwell" setting from 0-30 seconds that says, when you lose track, hold for up to 30 seconds and reaquire any moving object in the FOV. The problem is that the camera is now likely looking at an area without IVS or other tracking triggers, so it doesnt know what to track
It obviously has a timer right now. Just allow us to change it is all. I think it is at about 6-8 seconds right now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It obviously has a timer right now. Just allow us to change it is all. I think it is at about 6-8 seconds right now.
You can usually get it to not loose tracking so quickly if you change the target ratio a bit or turn PFA off, and I think this thing learns LOL. If the target ratio is too large, it will miss faster moving objects and lose tracking faster when an object stops.

My 49225 when I first got it would immediately lose track if someone stopped. Now it will hold at least 10 seconds if someone stops.

I do think they learn though as my Dahua PTZ seems to linger on for 10 seconds or so. Part of that can be by not having it zoom in so tight that you don't give it much to work with. Mine zooms in tight enough that I can see the whole body, so when they stop for their dog doing its business, there is usually a tapping foot or something that keeps it tracking.

digiblur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nahh..they are still. Watched on my other camera recording 24/7. The timer is almost enough, it just needs to be increased a little as it stops watching too often on subjects. I let the dog walkers know to wave their arms while waiting. I mean one neighbor already moons my camera when he comes by so why not right? Yes, he's a trip...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nahh..they are still. Watched on my other camera recording 24/7. The timer is almost enough, it just needs to be increased a little as it stops watching too often on subjects. I let the dog walkers know to wave their arms while waiting. I mean one neighbor already moons my camera when he comes by so why not right? Yes, he's a trip...
You gotta share that video LOL

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I tried everything with the camera. what was advised in the forum and what I was able to come up with myself. Unfortunately, the camera does not connect and that's it. Maybe You @EMPIRETECANDY know the location of the failure, it can be replaced this damaged part - I can replace it myself, of course, advice would be needed - the sequence of work... If not, maybe the warranty is still valid or the camera still needs to be repaired. How can this be done?
Looks like the camera is fired. Contact me for the warranty.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The PTZ's autotracking mainly for the moving human/vehicles, so that is why some project users use this kind of kit, ptz with a bullet camera. We also have some project use position camera to trigger the ptz, this can add more view for the cams. But for most home security the autotracking is good enough for using.

1677727269872.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
You can usually get it to not loose tracking so quickly if you change the target ratio a bit or turn PFA off, and I think this thing learns LOL. If the target ratio is too large, it will miss faster moving objects and lose tracking faster when an object stops.

My 49225 when I first got it would immediately lose track if someone stopped. Now it will hold at least 10 seconds if someone stops.

I do think they learn though as my Dahua PTZ seems to linger on for 10 seconds or so. Part of that can be by not having it zoom in so tight that you don't give it much to work with. Mine zooms in tight enough that I can see the whole body, so when they stop for their dog doing its business, there is usually a tapping foot or something that keeps it tracking.
I'm pretty sure my cameras running face detection (Color4K/X and SD1A404XB) have learned to take better face captures over time. Even with the same amount of foot traffic, my SD1A404XB now takes almost double the face captures that it did when I first installed it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The solution for this defective camera is to send a new one to replacement, the defective one just drop it, maybe some parts can for future spare using. Hope all well!

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The solution for this defective camera is to send a new one to replacement, the defective one just drop it, maybe some parts can for future spare using. Hope all well!
Thanks Andy
I still think that problem are in bootloader. So I need only flash bootloader over serial port. But I dont know how to do it, need guide for dummys :) . I will try to find it in the fields of the Internet. Or maybe does anyone here know how it is can done with Dahua cameras?