Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks! I got bit by the mini-ptz bug and am trying to figure out just how to deploy one. One option is just as you have done. But I am concerned about a 4MP on the 1/2.8" sensor at night. If I can't keep it in color, then I really can't justify that puppie.

If you get another chance, post a night time capture?
Really depends on the light. I have better light than a lot of people, but not "great".
Here's a shot from tonight. 0-13 shutter speed. I can definitely make it brighter, but to be fair, I haven't really dialed things in completely. Winter, for me, isn't fun to be outside walking around to see how things look.
When the temps warm up, I'll definitely work on settings to see what's what.

Attachments

Last edited:

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because of the newer models of cameras like the Dahua 4k-X, 4K-T and IPC-PFW5849-A180-E2, Hikvision/Annke 180 and ColorVU etc all looks so bright with the night videos. Now most of the other cameras video seems too dark at night for me.

From both looney2ns's video and Timokreon's picture the night time performance is kind of disappointing. I really wanted to like this camera, but having a tough time pulling the trigger because of that. Add a little money you might as well get the SD49825XB-HNR, still bad at night but at least day time video is 4k quality and same 25X zoom.

Looking forward to the reviews on the newer SD5A425GA-HNR or the 4K SD5A825GA-HNR. I just wish Dahua can made them a little smaller like the mini ptz here.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I prepared my new SD4A425DB-HNY camera for mounting and all that was left was to carry and mount. But before carrying, I decided to connect to the router again. But how would it not be strange that the camera disappeared from the network. I tried a reset, I tried a full reset, the camera doesn't respond to reset actions. When turned on the camera does the usual check of rotating, but I noticed that after rotating it did not rotate to the last state it was in. When looking at the router, the camera is visible, but ConfigTool does not find the camera. When connected directly to the computer as described - ipcamtalk.com/threads/cameras-are-here-but-nothing-works-what-am-i-doing-wrong.43989/page-2#post-742136 - you can see that the camera will disappear and reappear every few seconds. The full login doesn't happen, so there's no way to log in.
Maybe someone has experienced something similar and knows how to fix it?

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wrote a post asking for help. The SD4A425DB-HNY camera was connected to the computer, but the computer's Ethernet controller was disabled. After about an hour I heard the camera turn. I turned on the computer's Ethernet controller and I can see the camera and it works through ConfigTool and WEB login. The camera in such a state that it was prepared for stationary connection. I don't know what to think???
Thank God everything is working, but if it will be after connecting to her place of work!!!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wrote a post asking for help. The SD4A425DB-HNY camera was connected to the computer, but the computer's Ethernet controller was disabled. After about an hour I heard the camera turn. I turned on the computer's Ethernet controller and I can see the camera and it works through ConfigTool and WEB login. The camera in such a state that it was prepared for stationary connection. I don't know what to think???
Thank God everything is working, but if it will be after connecting to her place of work!!!
Are you sure you don't have an IP conflict with something else on your network?
Be sure to set a Static IP address in the camera, don't use DHCP.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have an IP conflict with something else on your network?
Be sure to set a Static IP address in the camera, don't use DHCP.
In my network, the main devices have assigned static IP addresses, as well as the camera. Unless there may be some mobile phone causing an IP conflict. I will have to take a closer look when I get home, thanks for the advice on what to look for, what could be the reason.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is not an IP conflict. After completely disconnecting from the network, leaving the connection only to the computer, everything repeats itself. After turning on, it appears and disappears again in the status of the computer's network adapter (the camera will disappear and reappear every few seconds. The full login doesn't happen, so there's no way to log in). Sometimes in a period of one or two hours it connects stably and camera works as it should - camera is fully controlled, it does not show anything bad until reboot. After rebooting, everything repeats itself.. Unfortunately, sometimes it still doesn't connect. Everything repeats after virtual reboot or repeatedly turning it off and on again.
Maybe someone can give me some advice?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is not an IP conflict. After completely disconnecting from the network, leaving the connection only to the computer, everything repeats itself. After turning on, it appears and disappears again in the status of the computer's network adapter (the camera will disappear and reappear every few seconds. The full login doesn't happen, so there's no way to log in). Sometimes in a period of one or two hours it connects stably and camera works as it should - camera is fully controlled, it does not show anything bad until reboot. After rebooting, everything repeats itself.. Unfortunately, sometimes it still doesn't connect. Everything repeats after virtual reboot or repeatedly turning it off and on again.
Maybe someone can give me some advice?
Have you tried different power supplies? Maybe the power source you are using is approaching capacity or is starting to fail. The PTZs are more prone to showing power issues in exactly this manner.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried different power supplies? Maybe the power source you are using is approaching capacity or is starting to fail. The PTZs are more prone to showing power issues in exactly this manner.
A possible option, unfortunately I don't have another power source at hand right now. But I will definitely try it.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What EXACTLY do you mean by that? Please describe the power source and connection. A picture would really help.
I mean when the problem started the camera was connected using POE+. Now powered by a simple 12V 2A power supply directly to the camera.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally, I received a new DAHUA PFM300 power supply today. Unfortunately the network still disappears and reappears, ConfigTool doesn't see at all - like before with other power supplies, so the same with the new Dahua power supply. Only now, even after an hour, the camera does not connect. Maybe I need to wait longer ...

I think all this indicates that the camera is defective.

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyway, I'll still try disconnecting and reconnecting visible and accessible connections. Perhaps one of them has a bad connector contact. From experience, using older equipment sometimes helps :) .

Audrius

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there are no visible and accessible connectors :-( .
There is only one way out - return it.