Review-Dahua/EmpireTech new doorbell cam Db6l 5mp

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would you be able to run this off a poe splitter or would it have to have its own dedicated line?
It can run off a POE splitter (one made to actually split like this one) or POE switch just like any other POE camera. It is just digital data.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That works as well. I have used that and the one I linked.

The nice thing about the one I linked versus this one is that this one needs to POE ports on the switch and the one I linked only needs one. But in both instances your POE needs to be able to have the power.
so from my poe switch it would plug into that device then camera1 would plug into the out port and cam2 into the camera port? and no additional power is needed it gets power from the switch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so from my poe switch it would plug into that device then camera1 would plug into the out port and cam2 into the camera port? and no additional power is needed it gets power from the switch?
That is correct. I have several in use and are rock solid.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
That is correct. I have several in use and are rock solid.

no issues like the one user had...
"I tried to use these to drive two IP cameras. It doesn't seem to provide enough power for both cameras to come up and boot at the same time. I'd have to manually disconnect one, wait and then reconnect it. I cut over to a different product that doesn't have this problem."

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
cant wait for some doorbell reviews on this one.

still rocking the DB1C, but now have POE to the door, so would love to see how it works compared to my current one.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
so just received the VTO2301R-P doorbell today... and it looks like I need a ten year old to explain how to set it up for me lol. Looks much more complicated than a regular camera. I have logged into it..set password and am trying to figure out from there how to set it up... can anyone point me to a simple guide on how to do so? Thanks...

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
so just received the VTO2301R-P doorbell today... and it looks like I need a ten year old to explain how to set it up for me lol. Looks much more complicated than a regular camera. I have logged into it..set password and am trying to figure out from there how to set it up... can anyone point me to a simple guide on how to do so? Thanks...

XrayDoc88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ask because it certainly is not an option in the app DMSS. There is a network setting in SmartPSS. But it already has a default static IP address listed, while my doorbell is currently using an address assigned by my router using DHCP. I don't know if I changed the default static IP entries listed, if it would even use them on my network.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
any real world reviews?

@dok0619 did u get ur 10 year old to help you to install it yet?
Are you referring to the doorbell that is the topic of this thread and the first post is a review or the other doorbell that dok had trouble with?