Review-Dahua/EmpireTech new doorbell cam Db6l 5mp

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wasnt sure since its a doorbell cam and not a regular cam....
True and that may very well be the case. I don't have one to try and I do not recall anyone trying it.

I am optimistic though that if it can be brought into BI and it is kinda ONVIF, that we could stumble on the right setting to make it work if it doesn't work under the find/inspect option.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If it has SIP instead of regular IP audio it won't work through BI at all. Either way, it's one step closer to a decent video doorbell IMHO.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It has a "VTO" designation which would lead one to conclude it's in the "villa" family which all use SIP for audio communications even though they are PoE.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That will be the next piece of the puzzle to be added, I hope. I'm currently looking into a SIP server and that actually be be even more handy.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I bet it will be just like the DB61 as far as Blueiris goes. My DB61 has been very solid now for 6 weeks and has only had ONE disconnect in that time. You get audio and AI just like any Dahua camera, but no talking. I must admit though, the DMSS app works every time and is almost instant on notifications. I'm always home so I have never used the talk feature other than when playing around with it when I first got it.

Attachments

Jakc

n3wb
Reaction score
Was close to taking the easy/lazy option and going down the Eufy route.
However, from reading this thread I am now leaning to putting in an order for a db61 from Andy (when back in stock).

Live in Australia. Current traditional doorbell has power running to it (light is on), but for some reason the mechanical chime does not appear to be responding.
Would likely get someone in to rig up this DB61 to use the chime kit to work with existing mechanical chime (and work out the issue in the process). And as I understand it, can use the DMSS app on our iphones to get notifications as well as the chime.

Anyone got any new feedback from the installation process and things to watch out for? I have no idea what the transformer voltage is behind my current doorebell.

Extra Info:

Early days of new house for me. Below is still yet to be setup, waiting on hardware to turn up:
  • Mix of other Dahua cameras (from Andy) on front/rear property
  • Blue Iris
  • Home Assistant
  • HomeKit + HomeBridge (later on, running from an Apple TV/Home Hub)
  • Dream Machine Router (not Pro, sourced a cheap one 2nd hand)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Was close to taking the easy/lazy option and going down the Eufy route.
However, from reading this thread I am now leaning to putting in an order for a db61 from Andy (when back in stock).

Live in Australia. Current traditional doorbell has power running to it (light is on), but for some reason the mechanical chime does not appear to be responding.
Would likely get someone in to rig up this DB61 to use the chime kit to work with existing mechanical chime (and work out the issue in the process). And as I understand it, can use the DMSS app on our iphones to get notifications as well as the chime.

Anyone got any new feedback from the installation process and things to watch out for? I have no idea what the transformer voltage is behind my current doorebell.

Extra Info:

Early days of new house for me. Below is still yet to be setup, waiting on hardware to turn up:
  • Mix of other Dahua cameras (from Andy) on front/rear property
  • Blue Iris
  • Home Assistant
  • HomeKit + HomeBridge (later on, running from an Apple TV/Home Hub)
  • Dream Machine Router (not Pro, sourced a cheap one 2nd hand)

Here is what I am using for doorbell power supply. I also attached my schematic of my install. Keep in mind I am using a electronic chime capable of front/rear door operation. The DB11 I use on my shop and it rings the rear bell on chime. The house (or back door button) uses the front bell on chime. YOU MUST get the chime kit installed on the DB11 circuit. My drawing may just confuse you, but there are many examples on the web.

Attachments

Jakc

n3wb
Reaction score
That helps a lot, especially the power supply photo. Will try to source some simpler wiring diagrams from the web, but I have a bit of an idea from your one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought you said there is one coming out as well that has wifi and POE?