Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I received mine today.

This was quick because I ordered it last week, almost if it was all shipped out at the same time. The box was smashed in just like V1 box but again like the V1 it was nicely protected by a bubble tube wrap.

I haven't powered it up and will report back as soon I power it.

Bill

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Stuff comes a lot faster after the Chinese New Year is over. Make a mental note to not order stuff from China during that time next year.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Both camera powered on with no issues.

But .........

Both seem to go into night mode even there enough light in the room, I had to keep aiming it to my ceiling light to get it to switch back to day mode.

When zoom out, there a fisheye effect in the viewer - is that normal?

I am using this to power my camera - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CFATQK?keywords=tlink poe adapter&qid=1458083054&ref_=sr_1_sc_2&sr=8-2-spell

I only bench tested it so I haven't install it or play with the configuration other than to enable the DCHP on the camera.

Bill

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
there is going to be slight fish eye effect at full tele, so your focus is ok at 1x?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
there is going to be slight fish eye effect at full tele, so your focus is ok at 1x?

I really haven't check the focus out yet because it keep going into night mode and I have to code a program that due tomorrow. (I am a 51 year old fart finishing up college). If I finish my programming before my bedtime tonight, I will play with it some more and check the focus on it.

What focus issue are you having?

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
simply look at fully zoomed out picture, whether it's blurry or not.

Also, I just noticed that 4x cam has a wider view, even fully zoomed out it's about 10% wider then 3x cam at full tele

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Received mine today and the box was in perfect shape. Put it on the bench and plugged it in and noticed the same problems with the focus and IR coming on too soon. Do not have time to play tonight but maybe tomorrow.

IMG_2355A.jpg

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, so far I seem to be the lucky one. Everything is working as it should. Seems to focus in all positions. IR sensor seems to be correct. Filter seems to operate properly.
Here is what I have noticed;

Initially had a flickering in image, almost like a fan was above causing a shadow while spinning. Switched to 60Hz and went away. 10x did not seem to matter if it was 50 or 60Hz
Seems to respond to power and go through POST faster than 10x
Park position seems to be more reasonable than stock 10x
Motors do seem to be a little louder than 10x during POST. Hope the birds don't mind
Zoom function is less responsive or slower in 4x as reported by others
PTZ works with both OXML and Hik/Abus/Swann setting in Blue Iris. My 10x only works with the latter. Also, must use Reverse Up/Down with the Hik/Abus/Swann setting with both 4x and 10x
Called up Preset 95 and had a bunch of Chinese writing. Somehow figured how to get out of that and camera reset to defaults. Anyway to translate?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully it continues to work properly.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a sensitivity setting for nighttime mode setting? When I boot up and it started displaying the video in viewer, I can see everything clear but then it goes into nighttime mode (black & white). The room that the camera is in should be bright enough to view it in daytime mode but it think it dark out and switch to nightmode.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, it's one of the tab below ptz controls
Thanks but when I changed the sensitivity to one or ten (not sure which is which) it still stay in nighttime mode. When I turn it off, it went to daytime mode and I was able to see the room fine in daytime mode with room lighting.

I am rebooting the camera now.

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks but when I changed the sensitivity to one or ten (not sure which is which) it still stay in nighttime mode. When I turn it off, it went to daytime mode and I was able to see the room fine in daytime mode with room lighting.

I am rebooting the camera now.

Bill
The sensitivity setting does nothing no matter what I set it to. The auto/on/off works fine. I wondered if I discovered a bug in it firmware?

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The sensitivity setting does nothing no matter what I set it to. The auto/on/off works fine. I wondered if I discovered a bug in it firmware?

Bill
On my V1 10x camera, the sensitivity seem to work on it but not the V2 4x. Can anyone else confirm?

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well, so far I seem to be the lucky one. Everything is working as it should. Seems to focus in all positions. IR sensor seems to be correct. Filter seems to operate properly.
Here is what I have noticed;

Initially had a flickering in image, almost like a fan was above causing a shadow while spinning. Switched to 60Hz and went away. 10x did not seem to matter if it was 50 or 60Hz
Seems to respond to power and go through POST faster than 10x
Park position seems to be more reasonable than stock 10x
Motors do seem to be a little louder than 10x during POST. Hope the birds don't mind
Zoom function is less responsive or slower in 4x as reported by others
PTZ works with both OXML and Hik/Abus/Swann setting in Blue Iris. My 10x only works with the latter. Also, must use Reverse Up/Down with the Hik/Abus/Swann setting with both 4x and 10x
Called up Preset 95 and had a bunch of Chinese writing. Somehow figured how to get out of that and camera reset to defaults. Anyway to translate?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully it continues to work properly.
Glad it's not widespread. I guess my luck has ended since I had focus issues with two recent cams from Dahua and Huisun. :) At least on Huisun it's only limited to wide view only

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
On my V1 10x camera, the sensitivity seem to work on it but not the V2 4x. Can anyone else confirm?

Bill
Looks like there might be some firmware bugs, at least the 1-10 power setting didn't work in the tab, but when using these settings in Preset 95 it worked ok. Also try resting to default settings.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like there might be some firmware bugs, at least the 1-10 power setting didn't work in the tab, but when using these settings in Preset 95 it worked ok. Also try resting to default settings.
Is it possible the sensor is out of place and not picking up light correctly?

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received mine yesterday. It was well packaged, box in a box. The white/blue box arrived in perfect shape. Only plugged it in last night and checked that it turned on via POE. Will configure and test it this weekend.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Can you explain how I use this setting in Preset 95? Do I just highlight the 95 then go back to the tab and change the setting?

Thank you

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is a video someone made in this forum how to use preset 95, try searching for it. You simply call the Preset 95 like you would call any preset and use your arrow keys. In some cases you maybe present with Chinese menu, so you will need to cycle through options until you find out how to change it to English language.