Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw other threads about trying to take the cover off.

I don't know it if came with 10x but in the 4x, it came with an eye key inside the box which you insert in the hole and the cover just pop right off.

Bill

Attachments

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is an alternative I just came across while browsing.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cC2ewgIk[/QUOTE] Yeah, this is being discussed in another thread. It's a good camera, but a) IR power isn't as good b) it's not waterproof.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is an alternative I just came across while browsing.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/h1kIFOo[/QUOTE] I have 2 of these, from that store. The cam is really good, and the store has been good to deal with too (genuine Dahua also). It's important to keep in mind that the camera is not weatherproof though.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, this is being discussed in another thread. It's a good camera, but a) IR power isn't as good b) it's not waterproof.
Beat me to it. :)

If the Huisun 4x is performing poorly in low light, the good low light performance of the Dahua might more than make up for the not as powerful IR.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Beat me to it. :)

If the Huisun 4x is performing poorly in low light, the good low light performance of the Dahua might more than make up for the not as powerful IR.
It's a firmware issue, 3x is great at night

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you first bring up preset 95 it is at the information screen. Down one item is the camera screen and on that the first screen is Language. So arrow down once to go from information to camera then arrow right once and you should be at the language screen, arrow right and English should be there somewhere.
This is what I get. On one screen, I see some numbers but nothing I can comprehend. It's foreign to me!
Cam1.20160318_003041.jpg

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just got lucky and found it. Don't ask me how! It wasn't one down and one right.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a firmware issue, 3x is great at night
Have you tried the night mode with the front cover off? I can't help but wonder if that smokey cover is reducing the power of IR output.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried the night mode with the front cover off? I can't help but wonder if that smokey cover is reducing the power of IR output.

Bill
It's not an issue with v10, so I doubt it makes any huge if any difference.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Monica sent me a file to update tonight, I went and update it now I have a bad focus when at 1x to 3x zoom. When at 4x zoom focus is clear

Sigh .....

Bill

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got lucky and found it. Don't ask me how! It wasn't one down and one right.
Looks like it needed another arrow right at the end.

First screen arrow down.

menu1.JPG

Then you get this, arrow right.
menu2.JPG

Then you get this, arrow right.
menu3.JPG

And here it is.
menu4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I just received my camera yesterday

It was packaged very well so no problems there

First impressions - not so good. I was going to mount it where I have a Hik 2032 and the picture does not even come close in quality. Also white balance is terrible. Hopefully this can be straightened out with firmware updates. I am very please with the two 10x v1 that I have

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So u guys say to avoid v2 4x cam and instead go for the v2 10x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So u guys say to avoid v2 4x cam and instead go for the v2 10x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I would wait until they work out kinks with it. No wonder why you can't order it anymore.