Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In some cases you maybe present with Chinese menu, so you will need to cycle through options until you find out how to change it to English language.
When someone finds out, please post!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a video someone made in this forum how to use preset 95, try searching for it. You simply call the Preset 95 like you would call any preset and use your arrow keys. In some cases you maybe present with Chinese menu, so you will need to cycle through options until you find out how to change it to English language.

Ok found it I think

It blue arrow in the preset 95, when I clicked on it then a menu appears in the camera viewer correct?

Resetting the camera now then I'll try the sensitivity

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok found it I think

It blue arrow in the preset 95, when I clicked on it then a menu appears in the camera viewer correct?

Resetting the camera now then I'll try the sensitivity

Bill
After I reset the camera and it rebooted itself.

Once it came back online, in the viewer I saw the daylight mode very clearly and the video coming into focus but once the focus was completed, it shifted back into nighttime mode.

It have to be in a real bright setting like Sunlight to kick it in daylight mode ...

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
In the IR LED settings (within the camera video viewer)

Illumination does not allow me to change anything - it stays at 0
Mode works - on - nighttime mode off - daytime mode
Sensitivity does nothing when I change anywhere between 0 to 10

switch delay - not sure what it is but does nothing when I change it to any numbers

Near Power was set at 10 when I change it to 0 it switched to daylight mode but 1 or higher numbers set it back into nighttime mode. Same with far power

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have not touched that setting, but switch delay is probably how many seconds when after it gets dark/light and camera needs to turn on/off IR.

Sensitivity will not have any obvious effect if there is plenty of light or not enough light, it really would be making difference how soon the transition happens from daylight to night time and vice versa

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I messaged Monica last night and she said she contacted the engineer. She said that engineer said I needed to change IR sensitivity to 1 which mean I was likely right all along. There is a bug in the firmware on the 4x model. I replied back to Monics but have not heard back yet

IR sensitivity works on the 10x model but have no effect on the 4x models

Bill

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Switch delay is the delay between switching from near IR to far IR. At least that's what is is on my Hikvision ptz which actually has an opposite issue, too sensitive to light. It switches on too late and off too early. On default settings it kept switching ir on/off if the ptz IR was reflected back off a wall.
hikptz1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my 4x temporarily mounted in the basement and have noticed, when the lights are switched off, the IR flashes on and off until it switches to night mode. There is a little light through the windows but not much.Not sure what my sensitivity is set at. Can't say I've noticed that with the 10x.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So I find that 4x firmware in terms of night/IR performance has been problematic and surprisingly worse then my 3x camera. You have to play with adjustments using preset 95 and even that doesn't get you ideal results...

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, 4X is very disappointing to say the least. Hope everyone is letting Monica know.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I find that 4x firmware in terms of night/IR performance has been problematic and surprisingly worse then my 3x camera. You have to play with adjustments using preset 95 and even that doesn't get you ideal results...
Which arrow do you use to get to the English menu?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine came as English. But if you arrow down 1 from info to camera, then right arrow the first choice is language.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine came as English. But if you arrow down 1 from info to camera, then right arrow the first choice is language.
I was referring to Preset 95. When I call it, it is a Chinese Menu. The rest of the UI is in English.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was referring to Preset 95. When I call it, it is a Chinese Menu. The rest of the UI is in English.
Yes that is what I was referring to. When you bring up preset 95 then arrow down 1 from info to camera, then right arrow the first choice is language.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that is what I was referring to. When you bring up preset 95 then arrow down 1 from info to camera, then right arrow the first choice is language.
Oh! I'll have to try that tonight. Thanks!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh! I'll have to try that tonight. Thanks!
When you first bring up preset 95 it is at the information screen. Down one item is the camera screen and on that the first screen is Language. So arrow down once to go from information to camera then arrow right once and you should be at the language screen, arrow right and English should be there somewhere.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well this is not what I was wanting to hear. Mine shows it still has not shipped yet but they said they would ship it ASAP.

I'm in a position that the 10x has to narrow of a wide ange, and I would never need the tele of 51mm. The 3x 2.8-9 mm might be ok but the extra 3mm 2.8-12 would be ideal.

I can handle a few flaws but they seem to be adding up.

Should I cancel the order is what I am wondering.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The main flaw with my 4x is night vision is terrible and focus issue at wide angle

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The main flaw with my 4x is night vision is terrible and focus issue at wide angle
I thought the the other variations all had pretty decent night vision. Wonder what they have changed on these versions.