Mini PTZ v2: 4x optical zoom version

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If it is then it certainly is a better deal since we paid $136 for the one from Huisun.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to ask once more just to make sure. I'll order one on Friday, free UPS shipping, should have it by next weekend and will verify if it is or not.

I believe I have an outlet in the attic at the end of the house I want to install it on if worse comes to worse.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to ask once more just to make sure. I'll order one on Friday, free UPS shipping, should have it by next weekend and will verify if it is or not.

I believe I have an outlet in the attic at the end of the house I want to install it on if worse comes to worse.
No need for outlet even if cam has no POE, this works just as well

http://www.amazon.com/Microseven-Splitter-1000Mbps-M7-POESP12V-Ethernet/dp/B00PXKUF2A/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1457996007&sr=8-7&keywords=active+poe

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes forgot about those.

Anyways I went ahead and placed my order, they said they would send it out immediately. Here's hoping it all goes well, company only had 4 feedback scores, all positive.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
First Huisun cam out of 6 came in a box inside a box which almost in pristine condition. New Logo is bigger and just looks like a quick paint job

Quickly tested POE and focus... all so far is ok

Zoom function seems slower then 3x or 10x

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is how I got the one from Melissa, box within a box, perfect condition. We will see tomorrow if they are shipping them all like that.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So, I timed it and my gen 1 3x camera takes about 3 seconds while the new 4x cameras takes a 6 seconds to go through wide to tele and back. Also 4x has much more nosier focus and zoom function. This is a let down.

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I timed it and my gen 1 3x camera takes about 3 seconds while the new 4x cameras takes a 6 seconds to go through wide to tele and back. Also 4x has much more nosier focus and zoom function. This is a let down.
Not a deal breaker,
The noise wouldn't bother me, the slow tele might be bothersome.

Have you opened the camera yet? See if something might be rubbing or loose? The SD slot is inside this one right.

The 10x had problems with refocus after adjusting the zoom if I read that thread correctly, or/and ir switching? Maybe that's why the tele is slower.

It will be interesting to hear from everyone else if there findings are the same, hopefully you didn't get a lemon.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
the 10x goes through 4 seconds, so 6 seconds for 4x is really unbearably slow. I guess I am ok with it because I am using it as fixed cam, but just letting you guys know.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a gen1 4x 1.3MP and the zoom is exactly as you describe, much slower than 10x and noisy. It's also pretty hit and miss as regards auto-focus, lets hope these have at least improved on that.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have a gen1 4x 1.3MP and the zoom is exactly as you describe, much slower than 10x and noisy. It's also pretty hit and miss as regards auto-focus, lets hope these have at least improved on that.
Yes you can add focus issue when at full wide or 1x and 1.1x mark. Camera refuses to focus at all

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not so lucky on the receiving end. Hopefully it operates properly.

4xcam.jpg

Last edited:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Looking forward to your feedback with focus! (Btw, you might want to update that picture ;))