Hikvision DS-7732NI-K4/16P NVR 17+ cameras

AndyB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a right time with a new Hikvision DS-7732NI-K4/16P NVR and I'm struggling to solve this one in a way I like.
User has 20 cameras, all POE Hikvision which I've installed.
Plug each one-by-one into the 16 port POE switch on back of the NVR, so it does it's auto setup, "Activation" to apply the secure password for newer firmware, etc. Image comes up starts streaming so we know the camera is good and setup. Can unplug, plug it back in to any port on the back (16 port) and it works.
I then fill the first 15 ports up on the NVR with cameras, all start streaming great.
I then plug the Hikvision POE switch (DS-3E0318P-E) into port 16 of the NVR to expand the ports, plug the remaining cameras into the POE switch ports.
This is where it doesn't work, the additional cameras, one comes on but none of the rest.
Plug a laptop into the POE switch and use SADP and I can see all the cameras, all on different IPs in the 192.168.254.x range (no conflicts with onboard IPs, etc) and can stream their video. The NVR cannot see them.
I add a manual camera, put all the right details, same, camera OFFLINE.
What have I done wrong? Searching there are two sets of answers for this. One is that you register as I did and move them (doesn't work for me), other is that this won't work and you can't expand the rear 16 ports like this and have to plug into the LAN and do them that way (Not ideal, overloading the LAN with CCTV which also we don't want to mix cameras, phones and desktops, etc in this environment).

So can anyone shed any light onto where I've gone wrong? I've reset the unit a few times and tried different things, no luck at all they won't add using this method.

Thanks in advance folks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I then plug the Hikvision POE switch (DS-3E0318P-E) into port 16 of the NVR to expand the ports, plug the remaining cameras into the POE switch ports.
This is where it doesn't work, the additional cameras, one comes on but none of the rest
This needs to go on the LAN, not on an NVR PoE port.
Each NVR PoE port supports one camera.
The 16 cameras beyond the 16 NVR PoE ports need to be connected on the LAN, and their IP addresses set to LAN addresses, and configured to match in the NVR Camera Configuration page.