Hello from Down Under (Australia).

chrstodav

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been sniffing around this forum for a couple of weeks now and have learnt quite a bit.
Over the past couple of weekends I have fitted 2 Hikvision bullet cams at home and routed the network cable through the ceiling and down to where the NVR will live. Today I fitted a powerpoint at the location - what a struggle that was, crawling under the house! My Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P should arrive from China tomorrow. I will most likely fit 1 x WD Purple for now until I can save a bit more and add a second one once I have added a few more cameras and have the need for it.
My next job is to get back under the house sometime this week and route a network cable frpm the NVR to my main network switch in the other room.I have already drilled the holes under the floor in the wall space, so it should be an easy 20 minute chore. I just need to pick up some more cable on my way home from work tomorrow night.

Thanks again for the info on here. I am sure that I will be asking a few questions along the way and looking up videos and threads on the network settings.

Cheers,

Chris