DS-2CD2410F-IW alarm with SD card Inserted

Morpheus78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have 3 new DS-2CD2410F-IW cameras which I have set up on my network.
My problem with 2 of the new cameras is that when I install a SanDisk or KingStone 64 GB SDXC or 32 GB SDHC, the audible alarm runs continuously and won't shut off until I remove the card. I have disabled all the alarm settings in the alarms sections. Additionally, when I try to format the card, with alarm blaring, the cameras are not recognizing the card.
SD Card after formatting with camera need to be reformatted, formatting with PC are ok.
All cameras have same firmware V5.4.3 build 160705?

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

* All SD Cards are CLASS 10

Last edited:

Morpheus78

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, I've already disallowed any audible warnings. The problem with SD also remains :-(

Reaction score
I have had a hikvision 3mp cube clone cam for 2 years that does this exact same thing, was there ever any solution?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had a hikvision 3mp cube clone cam for 2 years that does this exact same thing, was there ever any solution?
The solution is in post 2...the original poster did not disable the alarm for all errors...likely a hdd error alert for a bad sd card.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, I've already disallowed any audible warnings. The problem with SD also remains :-(
That is the "recording exception" alarm if I remember correctly. It is warning you that it can not record, and it will stop once you go to storage and format the memory card.

Morpheus78

n3wb
Reaction score
The solution is in post 2...the original poster did not disable the alarm for all errors...likely a hdd error alert for a bad sd card.
I had disabled any error alarm, the problem was in the type of the SD Card which initially was 64 GB SDXC. Putting a normal 16 GB SD card started working regularly with all the alarms ON.

Morpheus78

n3wb
Reaction score
That is the "recording exception" alarm if I remember correctly. It is warning you that it can not record, and it will stop once you go to storage and format the memory card.
Yes, correct.
Putting a normal 16 GB SD card started working regularly.

Reaction score
I appreciate the response, but I also have everything disabled there is no chance for audio output yet it still does it. I'm pretty sure it was a defect in a batch of the cameras, holy hell is it annoying, lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had tried this in the past with a 32gb card, even after formatting it still went off. I will try with the basic 16gb I have.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk