Dahua firmware update works on all but 1 camera - stuck at uploading

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having an issue upgrading my friend's HFW2831T-ZS, he bought 3 from Andy's Amazon store for his restaurant

The reason I started asking about firmware updates is because my friend's HFW2831T-ZS have always acted funny. We have trouble connecting to camera recordings via DMSS app. Related thread: Unhappy with stability of HFW2831T-ZS cameras

Started using Milestone, now camera feed is not stable. Mobile Server in Milestone must be restarted every few hours, otherwise picture says "Connection Lost" (note: Upgrading the firmware has not improved issues with Milestone, perhaps an unrelated issue to not being able to connect to recordings in DMSS until after camera reboot). Milestone Record Server complains of multicast error in logs, so I have turned off Multicast in the cameras to see if that improves stability. I also changed from H265 to H264H hoping that would improve things.

But anyway, re: the firmware - I upgraded 2 camaeras with DH_IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Sag_EngSpnFrn_NP_Market_V2.800.0000000.5.R.200107

The third one is stuck on this:

1609867712653.png

I have tried turning off Windows firewall, adding UPNP mapping, double-checked the network settings (TCP/IP and mapped ports - all default except IP, gateway and DNS)

With configtool get an immediate refusal to connect to that camera:

1609869368824.png
The camera I can't upgrade also happens to be hardest camera to connect to recordings in DMSS - almost never works.

so far I have tried:

Changed IP address
synced PC time
Turned off firewall on PC
Turned off recording in camera
tried Firefox and IE w/ web plugin
Tried Dahua configtool
Enabling UPNP in camera and firewall
Turning off Milestone recording PC firewall

I have not tried TFTP, I could try it, but not sure how to do it via ethernet instead of RS232?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could try resetting the camera back to factory defaults and then try upgrading.

AveryFreeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wanted to update this thread so it wasn't left loose / hanging:

I managed to upgrade the firmware to the same .bin the other two used after the camera was moved to another location and connected with another cable. My belief is the cable may have become damaged during the pull - the guys who pulled it managed to squeeze four 26awg Cat5e cables into a 1/2" conduit with a 90° angle right at the beginning of the pull. So it wouldn't be unlikely that one or two of the cables got a little marred from the process.

The new cable went through no such torture, and the remaining two cameras on the pole above the parking lot appear to work just fine, so I think we're all good now. Just have to make a note that the one cable might be fubarred and continue on with life.

Would like to get a tester that is capable of fluke test, but since those are arm + leg expensive, I'll just have to keep playing the lottery ...