Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

dison4linux

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of them require a plugin regardless of firmware to view the livestream from the web interface. I find it better to use a standalone program for that though. Blue-iris is a popular one. You can also use vlc but it takes a little bit to get it all setup and can only view one stream per windows so you have to run several instance of vlc if you want to view more than one camera at a time.
That may be true of all of the E7S variants, but that's not the case for the G5 (I91BM AKA Annke C800) that I have.
That was the very reason that I upgraded to HikVision firmware in the first place. When the units arrive with Annke firmware V5.5.102 build 200925 the plugin was required. One of the earlier HikVision firmwares updated the Live View component to not require the plugin anymore. I'm on V5.5.801 build 210727 now but it was one of the earlier 5.5.X versions that made the change.
I suspect it was one of the other "Web" or "Encoding" versions that got updated as well that changed the requirement as the original versions were:
Encoding: V7.3 build 200921
Web: V4.0.1 build 200814
whereas now the versions read:
Encoding: V7.3 build 210721
Web: V4.0.1 build 210329
Also, note the "©2021 Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved." on the ones that don't require the plugin and "©2020 Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved." on the ones that still do.

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can say that the earlier version of the firmware did not remove the need for the plugin because I have the same camera with the firmware V5.5.111 which is the last one right before V5.5.800 and it still requires the plugin. You can clearly see that in the image.camera.png

That may be true of all of the E7S variants, but that's not the case for the G5 (I91BM AKA Annke C800) that I have.
That was the very reason that I upgraded to HikVision firmware in the first place. When the units arrive with Annke firmware V5.5.102 build 200925 the plugin was required. One of the earlier HikVision firmwares updated the Live View component to not require the plugin anymore. I'm on V5.5.801 build 210727 now but it was one of the earlier 5.5.X versions that made the change.
I suspect it was one of the other "Web" or "Encoding" versions that got updated as well that changed the requirement as the original versions were:
Encoding: V7.3 build 200921
Web: V4.0.1 build 200814
whereas now the versions read:
Encoding: V7.3 build 210721
Web: V4.0.1 build 210329
Also, note the "©2021 Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved." on the ones that don't require the plugin and "©2020 Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved." on the ones that still do.

Last edited:

dison4linux

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I said the I51DM (E7S platform) still requires it, but this thread discusses all Annke cameras, which fall under other HikVision platforms like G5 for example for the I91BM.
You made a comment that "all of them" still require the plugin so I was just clarifying that "not all of them" still require it, but that I was talking about a model from a different platform.
So to re-state...
Annke C500 ...AKA... Annke I51DM ... which uses the HikVision E7S platform firmwares, does still require the plugin to view the live view in a browser.
Annke C800 ...AKA... Annke I91BM ... which uses the HikVision G5 platform firmwares, does not require the plugin any more as of a few revisions back (again sorry I didn't capture which specific version made that change).

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I said the I51DM (E7S platform) still requires it, but this thread discusses all Annke cameras, which fall under other HikVision platforms like G5 for example for the I91BM.
You made a comment that "all of them" still require the plugin so I was just clarifying that "not all of them" still require it, but that I was talking about a model from a different platform.
So to re-state...
Annke C500 ...AKA... Annke I51DM ... which uses the HikVision E7S platform firmwares, does still require the plugin to view the live view in a browser.
Annke C800 ...AKA... Annke I91BM ... which uses the HikVision G5 platform firmwares, does not require the plugin any more as of a few revisions back (again sorry I didn't capture which specific version made that change).
That would be nice if that does remove it.. This would be the first firmware to remove it so hoping if it does that they do this for the rest. I know there was a huge vulnerability recently exposed to them in previous firmware so hopefully this solves it.

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I just upgraded my I91BM to V5.5.801 and it still requires the plugin.. can you confirm with a screenshot of your basic info page? Is it possible you have the plugin and just don't know it?

camera2.png

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with the NC400 or NC800. Keen to purchase them and convert... just wondering if they would lose the person/vehicle detection though...

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone had any luck with the NC400 or NC800. Keen to purchase them and convert... just wondering if they would lose the person/vehicle detection though...
I haven't heard of anyone losing features when changing firmware since it is dependent on the cameras capabilities not the firmware. (at least that I have seen)
Just to be sure though what firmware and revision are they on? If you can post a screenshot of the info page that might be able to help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of anyone losing features when changing firmware since it is dependent on the cameras capabilities not the firmware. (at least that I have seen)
The same Hikvision firmware typically handles quite a large range of different models based on the same or similar hardware, by using the devType (the Device code as seen in the prtHardInfo shell command) to select a subset of all capabilities that are promoted for selling the model in question.
The devType is hard-coded into the device during manufacturing along with other device-specific data such as MAC address, serial number, language, region etc.
Hikvision try hard to inhibit the ability to 'smarten up' a Value Range device into a higher range model.

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The same Hikvision firmware typically handles quite a large range of different models based on the same or similar hardware, by using the devType (the Device code as seen in the prtHardInfo shell command) to select a subset of all capabilities that are promoted for selling the model in question.
The devType is hard-coded into the device during manufacturing along with other device-specific data such as MAC address, serial number, language, region etc.
Hikvision try hard to inhibit the ability to 'smarten up' a Value Range device into a higher range model.
Exactly.. I was just trying to keep it simple.

1range

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI The firmware found here: HIKVISION UK PORTAL (V4.30.085 build210409) is what I used to upgrade my NPAW to HIkvision. It's different from what's listed - otherwise upgrade failed.

Last edited:

iceman2k7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ! i have updated 3 I51DE and 1 I51DF Annke 5mp poe cameras from V5.5.110 build 200120 to firmware V5.5.800 build 210816 from Hikvision.i noticed that resolution 2560 x 1920 is gone only 2560 x 1440 is available.any chances this will be fixed with future firmware.i guess firmware is for 4MP cameras ! P.S. and the angle and aspect ratio for the cameras is now wider than before.i compared resolutions from Annke camera with older firmware and in older firmware with same resolution 2560 x 1440 the angle is shorter.with HIK firmware the angle is wider.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Upgraded 2 Annke 4k c800 camera I91BF firmware V5.5.83 190313 to hikvision V5.5.83_Build190221 successfully.

Then updated to V5.6.6 210625 using the web interface maintenance screen.

I'm happy to have much newer firmware. The user interface has 2 new tabs along the top "Playback" and "Picture". Not of interest to me however may be super useful for others.

Thank you for making this easy to follow guide!

mhr

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you upgraded the annke C800 camera with this firmware? Mine gives an error and doesnt want to upgrade to 5.7.1. I'm on 5.5.801

Also, I dont have the playback button.
I just upgraded 2 C800s yesterday. Started with 5.5.101 (I think) and went one-by-one to 5.7.1 with no issues. Thanks OP!

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I flash the Annke with HikVision firmware, can it be added to the Hik-Connect app?

M4nu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ! I plan to buy 4 Annke I51DL (C500) cameras. Does anyone know if :
  • they require a browser plugin for live view
  • I will be able to update the FW for a Hikvision ?

Thank you !

nightrider

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded 2 C800s yesterday. Started with 5.5.101 (I think) and went one-by-one to 5.7.1 with no issues. Thanks OP!
I got a status message of "Upgrading failed". I tried this on the 5.5.801 firmware, annke c800 aka I91BM.
I downloaded the firmware from hikvision Europe, from the G5 platform, 5.7.1 folder

simonx314

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated an NC800 with IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.7.1_211009
If I could do it again I would rather just by a Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-LU which seems to be a similar if not same model but with a 3rd stream.

I haven't found a compatible Hikvision firmware for my NC400.