Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

PhatsMV

n3wb
Reaction score
Trail and error. Tried each firmware on the site, thanks fully they didn’t brick the NVR just brought an error up through it wasn’t compatible.

Tomasz123

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anybody tried to use any HikVision firmware with c800 I91BE (dome no-audio) ?

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
I did upgrade the firmware on a C500 I51DM a while ago as it had a really annoying issue where the picture would freeze every so often for a few seconds on either live view or playback. As the I51DM uses the Hikvision E7S, there was only one firmware available on the Hikvision Europe portal that was compatible with it. I just did the upgrade directly using the downloaded file via the camera web interface.

The Annke firmware that came with the camera was V5.5.111 build 210108 and the Hikvision E7S version is V5.5.111 build 200908. I didn’t expect it to do much as it was essentially the same version with just an older build date but since installing it I haven’t really seen the freezing that was present with the Annke version of the firmware.

db0511

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced issues with the sdcard slot?

One SD card became locked after trying to format the card via the Hikvision Connect android app. Unable to Write or Read to the card now
Tried a 2nd SD card and the format option on GIU caused the card to read 15kb instead of 8gb.

When i go through the SDK i see Getting a failure NET_DVR_GET_HD_STATUS

charles321

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I bought Annke PoE set with NVR N48PBB. I am disappointed because I can't find the option of recording on the cloud , e.g. google drive. For me, there is no "cloud storage" tab, which is on other Hikvision devices. If there is no such option for this recorder, is it possible to install the hikvision firmware? If so, what would this firmware be? I was looking for a similar NVR from Hikvision and found one DS-7108NI-Q1/8 P/M that has the same rear panel in the photos and specs but I don't know if it support recording on cloud and is it possible to install the firmware from hikvision on annke. If I try to install this firmware, may it break the device?
I'm sorry for my english.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Buying the I81HC.
If we convert it to Hikvision will it work with the Hik-connect.com platform?
Does I81HC work with Hikvision account or does it require Annke software.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Applies to: I61DT/ I61FB/ I61FC/ I61DU/ I61BK/ I61DE/ I61DY/ I81FB/ C800/C500/B1200/NC400/CZ500/CZ400/Pano360 Pro

So all the above cameras are Hikvision cameras? Tempted to buy some if I can convert the firmware to Hikvision and/or register them on the hik-connect.com platform + use via Hikvision Android App.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as I have found no. I did find that some older firmware version have a workaround to the limited ssh shell that you can get to the full shell and from there have access to the entire file system. So that may be where trying the older firmware like V5.5.90 maybe worth a try. Also if you are able to get to the full file system might be able to find the file that limits the capabilities of the camera. I read some of this in old posts from several years ago (wish I would have booked marked them) but can't seem to find them. If anybody finds any info on this would be nice to have it posted here.
You do have the capability to enable ssh access with the SDK.
Did you have any luck with root SSH on E7? I'm doing some security research on it and a bit hampered at the moment as I don't have access to one.

Or if anyone has an E7 that would be willing to allow me to connect via the SDK using a temporary password that would be really helpful.

I've now confirmed E7S does not have SSH capability at all (no SSH binary on camera).

Last edited:

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Buying the I81HC.
If we convert it to Hikvision will it work with the Hik-connect.com platform?
Does I81HC work with Hikvision account or does it require Annke software.
So they are all based on which I am sure is just part of hikvision and has its own app.. This is what I use and worked better than Annke and Hikvisions remote software at the time. Even after converting to Hikvision I was able to connect using either remote app for online access (on some cameras it wouldn't work at all until I switched to Hikvision firmware).

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Applies to: I61DT/ I61FB/ I61FC/ I61DU/ I61BK/ I61DE/ I61DY/ I81FB/ C800/C500/B1200/NC400/CZ500/CZ400/Pano360 Pro

So all the above cameras are Hikvision cameras? Tempted to buy some if I can convert the firmware to Hikvision and/or register them on the hik-connect.com platform + use via Hikvision Android App.
Sort of.. internally they are for the most part and the firmware is just rebranded and modified Hikvision firmware that is usually several versions behind. The chipset and in some cases the PCB are made by Hikvision (possibly entire camera on some??)