Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you have any luck with root SSH on E7? I'm doing some security research on it and a bit hampered at the moment as I don't have access to one.

Or if anyone has an E7 that would be willing to allow me to connect via the SDK using a temporary password that would be really helpful.

I've now confirmed E7S does not have SSH capability at all (no SSH binary on camera).
So you did try to enable ssh on the E7S via the SDK and reboot the camera but it didn't work? Was that before or after upgrading to Hikvision firmware?
No, I have not messed with SSH on them since then pretty much hit a dead end. Of course I don't have as much linux experience so it could still be possible. One interesting thing I did find is that someone was able to remove the flash chip from a camera and with a simple custom board and was able to read the files on it with linux. This is similar 78XX to 76XX eeprom mod So I would very much like to hear your results when you finish!

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So you did try to enable ssh on the E7S via the SDK and reboot the camera but it didn't work? Was that before or after upgrading to Hikvision firmware?
No, I have not messed with SSH on them since then pretty much hit a dead end. Of course I don't have as much linux experience so it could still be possible. One interesting thing I did find is that someone was able to remove the flash chip from a camera and with a simple custom board and was able to read the files on it with linux. This is similar 78XX to 76XX eeprom mod So I would very much like to hear your results when you finish!
I really am not a fan of the E7S from a former network admin perspective. LiteOS is so limited and the shell doesn't feel very nice :) Not important for most users but it would bother me. E3S is LiteOS too so I assume S means LiteOS at the moment.

I've sent you a PM.

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
And just to confirm, telnet doesn't look to be available either. Even if you pass the debug command challenge on the serial shell, there's no telnet.

LiteOS is a weird place for someone used to a proper linux environment.

Will be interesting to see how the E7 compares if I can get access to one. At least that has proper linux :)

heam

n3wb
Reaction score
Old c800 G1 version hop on the same digit hikvision firmware and next to the newest by web interface.

Reaction score
Can someone confirm if the C800 turret has Smart Events
I have just received C800 (I91BM) and the ANNKE firmware (V5.5.102 build 200925) only shows "Basic Events' - Hope this helps clarify.
Alerts 'on cam' are not an issue for me though, as I use Deepstack with BlueIris for AI detection.
I have a Windows 10 VM set up on Unraid server, with a GTX 1050 Ti passed through for Deepstack(GPU) and NVENC encoding.
I have passed 4C4T and 8Gb ECC ram through to the VM but the server is a dual Xeon 12C12T with 24Gb ECC total. if I need to beef the VM up for 4x 4k cams, I can :)

If anyone is looking to dive into the world of UnRaid - SpaceInvader One YouTube was a huge resource of info.
I just bought a second hand 'Work Station' style tower server for couple hundred bucks and now I run, BI, Plex, PFSense, PiHole, LanCache etc etc. The world is your oyster, a true one-box-shop.

Yet to set the cams up and test them, I hope they do okay for the price.
Just after basic 4k, POE cams with 'decent' quality.

1629461192303.png

1629461242664.png

hugh2200

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just received C800 (I91BM) and the ANNKE firmware (V5.5.102 build 200925) only shows "Basic Events' - Hope this helps clarify.
Alerts 'on cam' are not an issue for me though, as I use Deepstack with BlueIris for AI detection.
I have a Windows 10 VM set up on Unraid server, with a GTX 1050 Ti passed through for Deepstack(GPU) and NVENC encoding.
I have passed 4C4T and 8Gb ECC ram through to the VM but the server is a dual Xeon 12C12T with 24Gb ECC total. if I need to beef the VM up for 4x 4k cams, I can :)

If anyone is looking to dive into the world of UnRaid - SpaceInvader One YouTube was a huge resource of info.
I just bought a second hand 'Work Station' style tower server for couple hundred bucks and now I run, BI, Plex, PFSense, PiHole, LanCache etc etc. The world is your oyster, a true one-box-shop.

Yet to set the cams up and test them, I hope they do okay for the price.
Just after basic 4k, POE cams with 'decent' quality.

View attachment 99091

View attachment 99092
I just upgraded this firmware and my New (19IBL) bullet does not have SMART Capability before and after.

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgraded this firmware and my New (19IBL) bullet does not have SMART Capability before and after.
Sorry but upgrading firmware will not alter the capabilities of a camera. The capabilities are stored in a separate file from the firmware and the only way to modify that file is through SSH (not the limited ssh shell on recent firmware) or by de-soldering the flash chip and using a custom board with linux to read and write. Or at least that used to be the case.. correct me if its changed recently.

Last edited:

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So they are all based on which I am sure is just part of hikvision and has its own app.. This is what I use and worked better than Annke and Hikvisions remote software at the time. Even after converting to Hikvision I was able to connect using either remote app for online access (on some cameras it wouldn't work at all until I switched to Hikvision firmware).
Can you register the Annke on Hik-connect instead of guardingvision?

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyome have a backup of the I51DM Annke firmware?
@db0511 Did you ever manage to get a copy of the original Annke stock firmware, or was it just a one-way journey once you put the Hikvision E7S firmware on the I51DM?

dison4linux

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an unmolested I51DM still in the box. If there's a way to pull the stock firmware off the device (without opening the device) I can do that before flashing to HikVision.

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any easy way. Let’s see if anyone more knowledgeable in the ways of Hikvision are aware of something.

Ultimately I think the only way to get the stock firmware is if Annke are willing to provide it or happen to release an updated version.

jujobg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, is there any firmware for IP camera of Annke model I51DJ version V5.5.52build 181123 or of Hikvision, which is compatible with this model.

dison4linux

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, is there any firmware for IP camera of Annke model I51DJ version V5.5.52build 181123 or of Hikvision, which is compatible with this model.
I would assume that's the E7S like the I51DM but if you can have a look at the Configuration > System > System Settings page there'll be a "Firmware Version Property" field that'll say for sure.
For example, the I51DM says B-R-E7S-0 and the latest version of E7S isn't much of an improvement over stock Annke firmware, so I wouldn't bother if it is an E7S.

jujobg

n3wb
Reaction score
I would assume that's the E7S like the I51DM but if you can have a look at the Configuration > System > System Settings page there'll be a "Firmware Version Property" field that'll say for sure.
For example, the I51DM says B-R-E7S-0 and the latest version of E7S isn't much of an improvement over stock Annke firmware, so I wouldn't bother if it is an E7S.

Thanks for the answer! I will look and write.

aamuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Don’t bother as I don’t think it’ll still work without the plugin.

cyrusbyte

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All of them require a plugin regardless of firmware to view the livestream from the web interface. I find it better to use a standalone program for that though. Blue-iris is a popular one. You can also use vlc but it takes a little bit to get it all setup and can only view one stream per windows so you have to run several instance of vlc if you want to view more than one camera at a time.