ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need a Alert Video delay from 12 sec.
Deespstack need 1 -2 sec.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is the deepstack gpu version still only working on nVidia cards? I have an AMD firepro and would like to try that sometime (only have 3 cameras).

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also I've been struggling to combat false alerts with really heavy fog. First time in 2 years (had my set up just right) and lately we've had a lot of fog at night time which looks like slow falling snow in front of my cameras.
Reduced the env variable to Medium from High. Also the break time down to 1.5 seconds.

cpu was working hard last night analysing images for 2-3 hours early in the morning. Still triggering.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there any way of setting up a custom model as a refinement server to only run if the main server does not find any relevant objects?
I see there is an option to refine but only if the object IS found in the first server. The opposite would be good imo.

1629749721954.png

Caudex

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the internal capabilities of Blue Iris 5 which makes setting up Deepstack super easy, and it also allows me to point to the url.
Is AI Tools compatible with BI5 via the easy setup?

The feature I really want to use within AI Tools is the multi instance Deepstack.

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anybody found that AITool will randomly wipe the detection mask for one camera for seemingly no reason? I can't figure out what's triggering it but it's happened 2 or 3 times in recent months, the mask for one of my cams will just be gone and I'll suddenly start getting telegram alerts from areas I don't care about. I think the last time it happened on a Docker update but that doesn't really make sense, not sure how they would be connected like that.

Edit: Never mind, AITool didn't clear the image mask, Blue Iris just started saving substream snapshots instead of main stream snapshots making the mask the wrong size and invisible. Anybody having this problem with the latest update, BI no longer saving main stream snapshots?

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anybody found that AITool will randomly wipe the detection mask for one camera for seemingly no reason? I can't figure out what's triggering it but it's happened 2 or 3 times in recent months, the mask for one of my cams will just be gone and I'll suddenly start getting telegram alerts from areas I don't care about. I think the last time it happened on a Docker update but that doesn't really make sense, not sure how they would be connected like that.

Edit: Never mind, AITool didn't clear the image mask, Blue Iris just started saving substream snapshots instead of main stream snapshots making the mask the wrong size and invisible. Anybody having this problem with the latest update, BI no longer saving main stream snapshots?
Had a similar issues so forced the size - there is a tick on the video tab (anamorphic (force size) and made sure I only had either the sub or main stream in the video configuration. My clones used for continuous recording for example have the sub stream string in the field for main and sub empty. This way it is forced to use the sub and nothing else.

malosa

n3wb
Reaction score
im getting a issue,

Give the current user (DESKTOP-CU6RNTD\XXXXXXX) access to '192.168.1.8': Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. [UnauthorizedAccessException] (In BlueIris.RefreshBIInfoAsync:130 > BlueIris<>c__DisplayClass15_0<RefreshBIInfoAsync>b__0:130 > Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view) > Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str))

how to give permission ?

also i'm not using the integrated version of blueiris as it can not queue images at once, it does only 1 image at the time..

whoami ™

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to run as administrator maybe? Right click AITool Application and select run as administrator. Is this Windows or Docker DeepStack your using? Also I would make sure your using the latest version of AITool for here.

GreyTheOld

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Adding this just in case anyone runs into the same issues, I've been chasing my tail for a few weeks now and JUST solved it.
My setup is 11 cams of various makes and models, but I've had a terrible time with detection working for my Annke I51DM (C500), it all tests right but doesn't reliably trigger, although testing in AITool it works every time. Every time I turned on a detection zone it would stop working. I read someone else's comment about AiTool's dynamic mask looking at a reference image that was the wrong size and that gave me an idea.

First off, the substream URL of these camera's is (imo) hard to find. Here's the substream URL for an Annke I51DM:
192.168.x.xxx/h265/ch1/sub/av_stream

What I noticed in my substream camera setup is that the resolution was still set to 2560x1440 even though the stream profile on the cam is set to 640x480, and I couldn't change it. Changing it to anamamorphic and 640x480, it immediately started working. Not sure why it wasn't detecting correctly, or maybe it's trying to detect the main stream resolution.

Last edited:

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've tried updating to the latest a couple of times but keep getting these errors:

'Deepstack v3.4 not supported. Install version 2020. Using DeepStack with Windows 10 (CPU and GPU) | DeepStack v1.2.1 documentation'

I use the latest deepstack on docker desktop as a container.
deepquestai/deepstack:latest

Should I be using a different version?
Perhaps:
deepquestai/deepstack:cpu

Do I need to choose the 'Full installation' instead of 'keep of Just extract/update files' and load into program files instead? This will surely lose all my previous configs though.

For now uninstalled and continue using version 2.0.1037.7763

Until I know what's going on with the new version and deepstack in docker.

Hopefully someone here will shed light on this error I'm getting

Last edited:

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having a problem where flagged events don't show up in Blue Iris for 8-12 hours. AI Tool registers the hit and I get my Telegram alert instantly, but Blue Iris isn't registering the flagged event until hours later sometimes even the next day.

Anybody experiences this?

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having a problem where flagged events don't show up in Blue Iris for 8-12 hours. AI Tool registers the hit and I get my Telegram alert instantly, but Blue Iris isn't registering the flagged event until hours later sometimes even the next day.

Anybody experiences this?
Update:

What's actually happening is the "flagged" event that shows up in Blue Iris is one flagged event older than the event that triggered it. I realize that's hard to follow.

AI hits on a human at 7 PM. I immediately get a correct telegram alert with the correct picture, but the event doesn't show up in Flagged clips in Blue Iris.

AI hits on another human at 8 PM. I once again get a correct telegram alert and picture. At this point, the 7 PM AI hit now shows up in flagged clips in Blue Iris.

It's like AITool is flagging the previous event with each hit instead of the current. I'm not sure if the problem is with AITool or Blue Iris. Any ideas?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Update:

What's actually happening is the "flagged" event that shows up in Blue Iris is one flagged event older than the event that triggered it. I realize that's hard to follow.

AI hits on a human at 7 PM. I immediately get a correct telegram alert with the correct picture, but the event doesn't show up in Flagged clips in Blue Iris.

AI hits on another human at 8 PM. I once again get a correct telegram alert and picture. At this point, the 7 PM AI hit now shows up in flagged clips in Blue Iris.

It's like AITool is flagging the previous event with each hit instead of the current. I'm not sure if the problem is with AITool or Blue Iris. Any ideas?
What version of BI are you running, just curious...

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I experimented with using windows deepstack last nigth wih the AI tool.

The first observation is that I could not set Mode=medium on a custom model and High on the standard model. Had to be the same for both.

2nd: CPU spiked much more than running deepstack in docker. There I have the cpu cores limited so it's not unlimited. Even with this set the images are processed at the same speed, around 350ms.

Also, my issues still remain where I cannot install the latest AI version with the errors showing noted in post #3532.

Back to docker on deepstack it was. Was a disappointent as I wanted to shut down docker to reduce the memory used by the Vmmem process.

I'm trying out deepstack on BI today, not sure how the AI works yet without Alerts enabled - maybe not possible at all. I need to read through the notes and posts

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update:

Thank you this is occurring to me too

Is AI Tool still in development? Its a great too and use it instead of BI.

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you this is occurring to me too

Is AI Tool still in development? Its a great too and use it instead of BI.
I'm not sure. I come back to this thread every once in awhile but keeping up with the status of the tool is hard for me, I don't have time to read through 100+ pages every time I need to re-acquaint myself with the status/current version. Not bashing, I'm very grateful for the tool. I'd happily pay $$ for a more refined user experience. Maybe there is a more trimmed down status page I don't know about?

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 questions:

1) I installed everything again. (8 instances of Deepstack in Docker + settings in AItool) Same computer and same settings as previous installation. Somehow VMMEM consumes 90% of CPU of a Ryzen 5950X at 4.5Ghz. Even 5-10 images take a long time. (resolution 1024x2048) at almost 100% CPU. I can't remember this was the case previously. It was much faster and also less CPU intensive.

2) How can I use docker with Nvidia GPU?