[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What speeds are you guys getting with Deepstack GPU? I am getting 550 to 750 ms for both of my docker CPU instances running on unraid.
anywhere between 69ms and 160 ms. GTX 970 Strix.
But as mentioned on the other thread I'm having an issue with the first trigger, not sure why yet but the first photo on DS takes 2-300ms to get going then they start flowing faster. Odd and frustrating - looking at all the settings trying to pinpoint the delay. (maybe when the gpu is idling?)

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just reconfigured to use 2 DS servers for 8 cameras, 4 each. Each DS instance was taking up almost 1GB memory.
Improved times now.
55-72ms

But still get the initial delay in start-up if there are several seconds without activity

1635781213758.png

Last edited:

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After having to deal with so many problems with BI and DS integration, I've decided to go back to AITool. So flexible and much more controllable, especially controlling the JPG to sample. The only thing I'm missing is a way to change the deepstack server when the sun goes down (switch to Dark custom model). I know there is the "Active Times" options, but it's not following dawn/dusk times as days go by. Are you aware of any trick or hidden option to achieve this in AITool?
Thank you !

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After having to deal with so many problems with BI and DS integration, I've decided to go back to AITool. So flexible and much more controllable, especially controlling the JPG to sample. The only thing I'm missing is a way to change the deepstack server when the sun goes down (switch to Dark custom model). I know there is the "Active Times" options, but it's not following dawn/dusk times as days go by. Are you aware of any trick or hidden option to achieve this in AITool?
Thank you !
I'd like to know that also.
I have a fixed time for my night custom model in the AI tool.
Perhaps reach out to the developer.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you !
Added a discussion. Maybe add your support.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you !
The developer has responded.
Apparently, we just need to put sunset-sunrise instead of the time frame.

1636378402001.png

Reaction score
I followed a guide and installed it as a Windows Service using nssm. Should I seeing the systray icon for modifying the settings or does that not appear when running from nssm? Is there any better way of running it as a service which avoids having to stop the service and run the app in order to change settings etc?

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody having problems with certain cameras randomly clearing the AITool image mask?

Suddenly my phone is getting blown up by positives on the sidewalk and I check AITool and sure enough the mask on that camera only has been cleared. This has happened in the past.