[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just updated to 2.1.6 and it broke unfortunately.
The window parameter in ds server configuration has sunset-sunrise.
This is not working in the new version.
Also getting errors about a telegram conflict.
Older version 2.0.21 works fine
I rolled back and notified the developer in git.

Could someone else test the window time for a ds server instance?
Thanks

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just updated to 2.1.6 and it broke unfortunately.
The window parameter in ds server configuration has sunset-sunrise.
This is not working in the new version.
Also getting errors about a telegram conflict.
Older version 2.0.21 works fine
I rolled back and notified the developer in git.

Could someone else test the window time for a ds server instance?
Thanks
All fixed thanks to some assistance by the developer.

Who is using pushover? Any benefits vs telegram?
I'm using the 30 day trial to see how it is.

Senor Pibb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All. I have Telegram bot working with AI Tool, but would like to add my wife to allow her to see the messages from the bot. I have read several web pages, but I am lost. Does anyone know how to add another person to the bot? The bot shows up as a contact in my telegram list. I was looking for something like that. thanks

denon28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All. I have Telegram bot working with AI Tool, but would like to add my wife to allow her to see the messages from the bot. I have read several web pages, but I am lost. Does anyone know how to add another person to the bot? The bot shows up as a contact in my telegram list. I was looking for something like that. thanks
You likely need to create a group message between you, your wife and the bot and then have AI Tool bot send to the group chat.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whats the main difference between using the AItool and deepstack directly in BI?

I just found a config guide today and setup my BI to use deepstack... then found this tool later! Just wondering if its worth undoing all my deepstack work and setting this up instead. (sorry for the super-newbie question - new Blue iris user here!)

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Whats the main difference between using the AItool and deepstack directly in BI?

I just found a config guide today and setup my BI to use deepstack... then found this tool later! Just wondering if its worth undoing all my deepstack work and setting this up instead. (sorry for the super-newbie question - new Blue iris user here!)
I started with AITool and then started using the integrated DS in Blue Iris once it was released. For my situation, I haven't lost any functionality.

jayjay70

n3wb
Reaction score
I started with AITool and then started using the integrated DS in Blue Iris once it was released. For my situation, I haven't lost any functionality.
Sorry but what do you mean by integrated deepstack in Blue Iris? I just bought this Blue Iris software and it seems quite nice. I just want to learn more. Thanks!

jayjay70

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I got the point now. I was installing AI tool at the same time and started to receive those person, car etc. alerts on BlueIris. I tought that it was because of Aitool, but I was because I have Deepstack configured in global settings and enabled in trigger.

How evert what I do not understand that how can I get face rigorization working? I can add faces in pics but how should I see when some face is recognized?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think I got the point now. I was installing AI tool at the same time and started to receive those person, car etc. alerts on BlueIris. I tought that it was because of Aitool, but I was because I have Deepstack configured in global settings and enabled in trigger.

How evert what I do not understand that how can I get face rigorization working? I can add faces in pics but how should I see when some face is recognized?
I don't use facial recognition since I really don't have a use case for it. Perhaps someone else will respond that does. Sorry I couldn't help.

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been noticing high CPU utilization, went into my headless machine running BI and AI Tool is not responding. Functionally it is working as normal, the GUi just isn't usable and is glitchy. I also have a weird black box on the screen. Anybody else seeing this suddenly? I didn't update anything that I know of, it just started happening. Using 2.0.1205.7861, Windows GPU deepstack.

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This forum does not presently appear very active so this information maybe redundant.
Myself and others have found a problem with recent releases of BI accepting Alerts from AI Tool (doesn't matter which version of AI TOOL you are using) .
I have gone back through recent releases of BI and found that version 5.5.0.15 is the last release that works with AI Tool.
If your BI software auto updates you may well have already come across this issue and decided to simply use the built in AI of BI.
Unfortunately unless your system is recording continuously BI will miss some alerts!

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My AI tool (service) has recently been using high amounts of memory an CPU while just idling. If I shut the service down and try to open the GUI it freezes every time now.
Have to check if there is a new version.

Could it be related to recent update in windows 11?
What is the latest version of AI? Can;t even get to the update page on the tool GUI as it freezes.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did a full AITOOL re-installation and seems to have fixed the freezing GUI issue, memory and CPU usage

Reaction score
Is there any way to have the "Prediction Tolerances" either be on a per Relevant Object basis, or allow a specific Relevant Object to disregard the specific Prediction Tolerance like we can for "Ignore Image Mask"?

For example, I use the "Limit Size in Pixels" width and height on a certain camera to avoid detecting things off in the background... but one object I am trying to detect is smaller than my min width even when it is in the area I want to detect. (Vehicle vs USPS logo)

If there were just a box on the USPS relevant object to ignore the limit size for that object only, that would do the trick.

Edit: Looks like this can be accomplished by setting up another camera in AI Tool and pointing it at the same BI Camera name :thumb:

Last edited:

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @Village Guy! I have not been on here in sometime glad to see this is still "kind of" active. I have had the "only 1 out of 2 'python.exe' processes did not start within30067ms" popping up for awhile now, truth be told it has been so long I do not remember when it started- BI/ AI are all working, I get alerts etc. but obviously there is some kind of issue- any clue what it is and how to correct?
Can't seem to post the log as a logfile? Here it is in a word -

Attachments