SMD 3.0 dahua

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just get the SMD 3.0 new baseline firmware for June, any guy want to test just let me know.
Attention: This firmware is without smart IR, we will desgin on it if the new one has some good improment.
Andy,

The new SMD 3.0 firmware still identifies a cat as a human, also DeepStack.

SMD 3.0
SMD 3.0 Cat.jpg
DeepStack
DeepStack Cat.jpg

CrazyAsYou

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Wildcat_1 Which firmware would you recommend for IPC-T5442T-ZE if all you care about is image quality day and night, light at night would be IR only. I have no need for cam level AI IVS/SMD as BI and Deepstack handle my needs well - I'm currently running 2020-12-03 - Are the any image quality improvments to be hand by any of the 2021 FWs?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

m2a

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
It's able to upgrade DH-IPC-HFW3849T1P-AS-PV-0280B from SMD Plus up to SMD 3.0?

Burton_Flooring

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just got this camera (IPC-HDW5442TM-AS) and I'm struggling to figure out how to use SMD. I've got it enabled under the "Event>Smart Motion Detection" page but I'm not seeing any recording on the NVR when I search for events. Does anyone have this working correctly that could help out?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up those settings in the camera itself. Most here prefer IVS rules over SMD. Post screenshots of your settings. It is probably a box not checked correctly.

The best way is to get into the camera GUI. To get into the camera GUI, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1642813307223.png

See this thread for more detailed information on setting up the NVR (not sure if you are new to NVRs or not).

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Once in the camera per above, you have to enable regular MD and then SMD. It’s an enhancement to regular MD.

But as @wittaj said, most prefer to use IVS rules over MD/SMD. Far fewer false alerts.
Yes as @bigredfish mentioned @Burton_Flooring SMD is an extension of MD, you must have MD enabled to use SMD. Its certainly a better way to filter out nuisance caps from MD BUT if you really want to get ahead then setup for IVS

Burton_Flooring

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, I'll read through that thread. The trouble I'm having is that I'm not sure how SMD shows up in the NVR search. Is it listed as "Intelligent" etc. Because I have it setup and when I look for recordings there's nothing. And I have it set to high sensitivity.

But, again, I need to read through that whole thread, maybe my answer is in there already ;-)

Thanks y'all for your help.

zexoni70

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I'll read through that thread. The trouble I'm having is that I'm not sure how SMD shows up in the NVR search. Is it listed as "Intelligent" etc. Because I have it setup and when I look for recordings there's nothing. And I have it set to high sensitivity.

But, again, I need to read through that whole thread, maybe my answer is in there already ;-)

Thanks y'all for your help.
SMD, SMD PLus, SMD 3.0 ... for now they only work on DSS and DMSS software, while on SmartPSS it doesn't work and you can't search only for vehicles or human in SmartPSS which is the purpose of SMD (Smart Motion Detected)

SMD is not supported in SmartPSS.png

On the DMSS software, it does this by marking that you want to see only the movement of vehicles or only the movement of human, and it reproduces only recordings in which the movements of vehicles or human took place.

DMSS.jpg

It is also easy to find in the NVR recorder and you can see it and it looks like I did in the following pictures!

SMD.jpg
SMD play.jpg

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Am I possibly the only one who thought SMD could be shut off with the Target Filter check box on the IVS setup screen? I'm apparently one in a thousand who wants IVS to pick up cats, dogs, etc., and it's looking like if you want to have IVS pick up animals, you're out of luck with a SMD camera. If somebody has found a way to make IVS on a SMD camera work like "old" IVS, let me know!

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's been (largely) my experience. Even with the target box NOT checked, it still seems to filter things for the most part. BUT it does at times pick up some things. For whatever reason, black colored birds hopping around in my yard during the day will cause it to trigger fairly often. But my cat is out there all the time day and night. Very rarely does that ever trigger it. Call it maybe 1% and only during the day. Never have seen it pick up cats, fox, raccoons, and other wildlife at night. Gets me instantly if I walk out there.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I did some poking around with the API, and it kinda sorta looks like at least somebody at Dahua thought that IVS would trigger on non-human, non-vehicle objects. The IVS configuration table has 3 object types: "human", "vehicle", and "unknown". I'm assuming that "unknown" is anything except human or vehicle. When the Target Filter is shut off, "unknown" is enabled in the camera's configuration. So the camera's GUI supports unknown object types, but it's either not implemented in the code, or there's a bug preventing it from working.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Huh, it seems to me that "unknown" is being used as the catch-all for all types of triggers when neither of the other two types are explicitly used. It would be even worse if the programming left open the possibility of a truly undefined state (which is always a bug leading to all sorts of problems).

I do agree that the net result does seem to effectively filter out small animals though (even when both the human and vehicle filters are turned off), which could be viewed as a positive or negative depending on the user's perspective.