SmartPSS error exporting footage with IVS/ intelligent sections using time clip [solved]

Lukey

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have IVS tripwires setup in some of my cameras but, until recently, could not export footage containing sections when they were triggered (they are recorded as Intelligent sections, orange in colour). I am using SmartPSS V2.003.0000001.0 2020-04-13. After selecting the required section of footage using Time Clip in the Playback option, the download would start but then stop after a while (at presumably the IVS portion of footage) and produce an error in the Status column. I had no problems exporting such footage on my phone (iDMSS Plus), using the toolbar on the right hand side of SmartPSS Playback or even using the IE web interface (using the Backup function). If I removed the IVS/ intelligent Record Type from the footage search, the IVS portions appeared black (i.e. missing) and my footage had breaks in it.

After some playing around, I figured out how to get around this error. Ready? After the error occurs in the Export Progress window, push the download button again and it will work. You have to wait for the error to occur before trying this i.e. pausing and resuming before the error occurs doesn't work . Download footage will obviously take more time if the IVS section is towards the end of the footage but at least it works.

I hope this saves someone some time.

Cheers,

Luke

screenshots.png