Smart PSS & Offline device

GetUSome

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have installed 8 ip camera in a client store, with a NVR, and Smart PSS on his personnal computer. When I start the application and load the camera there is no problem but after several times (I can't be more precise), it shows "Device offline" without any reason (no manipulation on the computer, or on the NVR or on the camera). Furthermore, when I double click on the view, it shows "device offline" then load the camera after 5-10 seconds. I don't know where I do wrong but i'ts very annoying if my client have to restart Smart PSS everytime it bug.
Maybe I miss an option or something like this?
Thanks for answering and excuse me for my bad english ;)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What bit rate are you cameras set for?

Reaction score
Greetings, I am having the exact same problem as you've mentioned above. Were you able to solve this issue with smartPSS devices going offline?

Thanks,
Stephen
Cary, NC

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
This problem exists with just one camera? And all the other cams stay on-line?
If true, is the problem cam connected with WiFi? They go off-line occasionally.

Reaction score
Thank you. All the cameras are connected directly to LAN. It seems to be happening to all cameras. Unfortunately, I'm not super knowledgable on cameras settings, so not sure I'd know if there was a setting incorrect right now.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
All my cams go "off line" on my Wifi connected laptop when my microwave oven is turned on. But then all cams come back 1 to minutes after the microwave powers down.
Is your PSS PC connected w/ Wifi?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I suspect the problem isn't''t with the camera settings. For all cameras to "choke" and go offline at the exact same moment seems highly unlikely.

I am having the exact same problem as you've mentioned above. Were you able to solve this issue with smartPSS devices going offline?
Stephen, when you asked your question, you could have use the @ sign, which would generate an email. eg:
@GetUSome, @vector18

(Getusome doesn't seem active on the forum any longer)

Anyway, I suspect the problem is with Smart PSS. Are you using the latest, version 2.0?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could it just be a bunch of cameras at a high FPS and high bit rate choking the network/computer trying to load the main streams all at once?

Reaction score
When you connect to the cameras with the config tool it connect OK, it is when you use the smart pss software to connect to the settings that it disconnects the camera, When I use smart pss software to do a live view is connects fine

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Top right of screen is an icon of a chip- looks like a bug. Click on it. What is CPU % and memory % ?
Maybe PC is overloaded?
Also, are you watching Main or Substream?

Reaction score
CPu 2%
Ram 33%
PSS on the PC disconnects the IP camera the moment you try to change CFG of the camera. Even before you start doing live view of main or substream

theresagof

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem here. Smart PSS (version 2) finds camera (dahua sd22204t-gn) but it is shows offline. The same thing happens when I type in any kind of username and password. There was no password provided by dahua. Any ideas? I tried admin, admin ...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
A few things, and perhaps a little more info.
1. Is the PC dedicated to smart pss?
2. When this happens, did you check the webgui to see if they are also offline?
3. Are all the cameras Dahua? and if so have you updated the firmware on them and the NVR?
4. You said all your cams are on a lan, as I understand you it is not a POE NVR correct? what model? a little more info might shed some light.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I looked at your cam configuration, looks like your sub stream or extra stream is not checked, make sure its checked.

theresagof

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
thank you for the fast replys!

I´m using a macbook. What do you mean by being dedicated to smart pss? It is not the only software on it if that´s what you mean..

My setup is as follows:

The camera is connected to a router (TP-Link) via Ethernet cable. As I want to have only one cable from router to camera I´m using a PoE injector inbetween (can this be the problem?). I am trying to access the camera through smart PSS from my computer (mac) through the WLAN provided by the router. I can find the camera and add it (but password issue) but it never goes online. It is just this one camera (Dahua sd22204t-gn) and no NVR!

As I cannot connect to the camera I cannot check the firmware. The camera is brand new though ...

theresagof

n3wb
Reaction score
Also: When adding the camera you have to enter a password. Is this password the user of smart pss (so kind of a legitimation to add camera) or is that specific to the camera? As I send I have the same result no matter which user/password I use (also no "incorrect" or anything). ..