Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. Amazon is now only showing 4 of this cam in stock now, even after @EMPIRETECANDY said that 18pcs would be available on the 22nd. Andy, this is definitely a popular camera!

There's only one more SD1A404XB-GNR in stock too, and those were the two I was looking to buy during the Memorial Day sale.
SD1A404XB-GNR have more stocks on the way, will have the sales price if can buy just buy it, will ship out at early June.
The SD4A425 one no problem. What you see on amazon is different than what we see at their back platform

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any recommended BI PTZ settings to make the control more fluid like the SD49225XA? I've set the PTZ profile to Dahua new V4 and it works, but controls feel delayed and aren't precise like the SD49225XA. Tapping PTZ movement makes the smallest adjustment for the mini, while pressing and holding a pan makes it overshoot my objective.

For my SD49225XA, I left it on ONVIF PTZ profile and tried that without success on this mini ptz.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any recommended BI PTZ settings to make the control more fluid like the SD49225XA? I've set the PTZ profile to Dahua new V4 and it works, but controls feel delayed and aren't precise like the SD49225XA. Tapping PTZ movement makes the smallest adjustment for the mini, while pressing and holding a pan makes it overshoot my objective.

For my SD49225XA, I left it on ONVIF PTZ profile and tried that without success on this mini ptz.
I think it is the product of the new web GUI

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Adjust the PTZ "speed" in either BI or in the Cams GUI.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. Amazon is now only showing 4 of this cam in stock now, even after @EMPIRETECANDY said that 18pcs would be available on the 22nd. Andy, this is definitely a popular camera!

There's only one more SD1A404XB-GNR in stock too, and those were the two I was looking to buy during the Memorial Day sale.
Just check there is only 9pcs left, so Wednesday sold 9pcs at the memorial Day sales.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Andy, does Dahua have any plan for an 8MP version of this camera in the future?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Beat me to it.

If they made it in 8MP and put a 1/1.8 sensor in it it won’t be any better than the 4MP with the 1/2.8 it has.

For running color at night
4MP cameras need a 1/1.8 sensor
8MP cameras need a 1/1.2 sensor

They’re putting 1/2.8 sensors in most 4MP cameras apparently for cost but likely more importantly to be able to upsell to one’s with the right sensor (5442 series for example)

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got my SD4A425DB-HNY from the Memorial Day sale and installed it today. Picture is excellent, the cam's size is not too obtrusive and I'm looking forward to getting things dialed in for autotracking and trying some LPR!

I'm already running into a hiccup though, and I think it's browser-related. When I start drawing IVS lines, I get about two clicks in and then my browser console starts throwing javascript errors. This is with the new web interface, not the older one like on my 5442's.

I don't have a PC in the house so I don't have access to Internet Explorer. Is there a preferred Mac-based browser that is known to work with these cams? I'm a web developer by trade so it's a little frustrating to run into web-based problems like this in 2023 and to have to use an obsoleted browser to configure them... Firefox, Chrome, and Edge (Mac) all have the same issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One thing we have noticed is the PTZs more than any other camera seems to be browser dependent.