Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I increase the track size target, it tracks the wrong person/area lol

Example: infant and parent/ dog walker and dog/ stroller and parent, the camera would start zooming into dogs, infant, stroller etc and not zoom in "enough" to see both objects.
As you know, these things are not Plug-n-play and set it and forget it.

It can take a lot of trial and error to get it where we want it.

Looking at your field of view, I think you can zoom in a little more for the preset. Sometimes a half-zoom or 1 step in zoom can make all the difference. As can going in steps of 1 on track size target.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to adjust the sensitivity or movement of the camera once it detects/get triggered.

Please see attached video.

That moment when the camera detected an object/target and start the tracking process, that same moment was when I believe (In my opinion) the right frame to see the face.

Unfortunately because of the sudden movement, it got blurry. lol (Around 4 second mark in the video)

Maybe a firmware update to fix this or a feature request? @EMPIRETECANDY

Thanks
When camera start tracking it needs some time to activate, this is autotracking camera, not autotracking missles. :D You see the video at 4 seconds when camera start it still track from the right after the people. But the AT still need some further work, can refer to our guide video.

How to set Auto Tracking Web5.0 on SD4A425DB-HNY by EmpireTech - YouTube

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When camera start tracking it needs some time to activate, this is autotracking camera, not autotracking missles. :D You see the video at 4 seconds when camera start it still track from the right after the people. But the AT still need some further work, can refer to our guide video.

How to set Auto Tracking Web5.0 on SD4A425DB-HNY by EmpireTech - YouTube
Thanks

Will wait for further improvements from future firmware updates.

Any in the works right now? lol

P.S. why can't I have a simple hobby like making paper crane :)

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks

Will wait for further improvements from future firmware updates.

Any in the works right now? lol

P.S. why can't I have a simple hobby like making paper crane :)
Yeah what you are looking for isn't going to be in an update. If it zooms too fast too quick, it is really easy for the camera to lose the tracking of the object. The firmware needs time to see the object and lock into it. Even then sometimes it misses.

Max out the target track size and you will see it zoom faster, but will probably lose the object a lot faster too.

I'd suggest zooming in more. Maybe like the box in red

1683820667069.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not so far, daytime anyway it’s doing quite well.

Night is gonna be a trade off. I’d like to keep it in color and same tasks as Day, but doubtful enough light.
So I may take it to B&W/IR and 1/1000 and try LPR only…. Gonna be a few days, up to my ass in alligators (no pun intended) for work

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK so its not perfect, and its only the first night test, and they roll up the streets here at 9pm and I rarely see a vehicle at night, BUT, initial test shows I may just be able to pull off LPR at night :p

I'm running 1/250 and with the streetlight have just enough light for the camera to get a focus.
Home_PTZ_main_20230511220702_@5.jpg

Plate capture both directions, (though Im gonna have to cut about 6ft off that telephone pole in the middle), and the Jeep has the plate all the way to the left side which isnt typical so I think I'll get even better focus on most plates.
Home_PTZ_main_20230511220017_@5.jpg Home_PTZ_main_20230511215649_@5.jpg

View attachment Home_ch7_20230511220005_20230511220022.mp4

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
After seeing your images I may move mine down to the first floor soffit. This would still get me sidewalk captures but would hopefully get the trees out of the way. The only downside is it would now be a little more obvious than up where it is now.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course each scene will be different. I have short 40ft capture zones, with a streetlight at the corner.
I'm running 1/500 exposure 55 Gain and Iris, 75 HLC, and vehicles are traveling just 15-20 mph so its a rather easy shot.

The trick is having just enough light (streetlight) for the camera to be able to grab a focus at the two presets. Its controlled by two spotter cameras which initiate it to go to the presets

I am having a problem with it picking up vehicles without plates however....
Home_PTZ_main_20230512134130_@5.jpg

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Of course each scene will be different. I have short 40ft capture zones, with a streetlight at the corner.
I'm running 1/500 exposure 55 Gain and Iris, 75 HLC, and vehicles are traveling just 15-20 mph so its a rather easy shot.

The trick is having just enough light (streetlight) for the camera to be able to grab a focus at the two presets. Its controlled by two spotter cameras which initiate it to go to the presets

View attachment 162907
I've got a bright street light directly over the spot on the road where I plan to capture plates, so I should be able to grab focus there. I also have two 5442s as spotter cams that should initiate the preset as well.

After Andy's sale starts and the cam arrives, I'll post results.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 162907
What models are you using for spotter cams?