Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Reaction score
Yeah somethings fucked up.
Any chance the port was previously configured to a 802.3af budget?
Yours is the closest answer... I originally assumed power issue since it was an action that drew power that caused the reset, and turning illuminators off saves power. The Cisco switch has automatic PoE negotiation, and can recognize a class 4(30W) device, however it defaults to 802.3af and the end device has to 'negotiate' for more. Well, that negotiation fails, so it stays at 15.4 as shown in my original explanation of the problem. Setting the power limit on the port statically to 25watts solves the issue. There is no way to tell if it is a Cisco problem or camera problem, but usually it is a bit of both and trying to get the OEM's to fix is fruitless 99% of the time unless you are a very large customer spending tens of millions a year.. In my experience, it is more likely that the camera manufacturer already has a Cisco switch since they are ubiquitous, and will eventually see the problem and fix it wether or not it is really their fault.

Here is the solution for future reference:
Code:
WS-C2960L-24PS#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
WS-C2960L-24PS(config)#int gi0/8
WS-C2960L-24PS(config-if)#power inline consumption 25000
WS-C2960L-24PS(config-if)#^Z
WS-C2960L-24PS#sh power inline gi0/8
Available:195.0(w)  Used:123.9(w)  Remaining:71.1(w)

Interface Admin  Oper       Power   Device              Class Max
                            (Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Gi0/8     auto   on         25.0    Ieee PD             4     30.0

Interface  AdminPowerMax   AdminConsumption
             (Watts)           (Watts)
---------- --------------- --------------------

Gi0/8                 30.0                 25.0
WS-C2960L-24PS#

Reaction score
Interestingly, the delay is down to 7-8 seconds.... but that still seems like a lot... AND the clock on the camera in BI only updates every 5 seconds... That does nto seem to be normal..

I did a factory reset less than 2 weeks ago, and have only changed network settings, toggled the PTZ protocol to 'Dahua new v4' and then back to 'ONVIF(OXML)', and illuminator off and back to auto since... thta is literally all I have done on the camera... I did set the PTZ presets via BI, and they seemed to carry over to the camera, which was a surprise.

1681040768785.png

video settings in case I did something obviously wrong that others will catch:
1681041143904.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Interestingly, the delay is down to 7-8 seconds.... but that still seems like a lot... AND the clock on the camera in BI only updates every 5 seconds... That does nto seem to be normal..
How are you viewing the camera in BI, directly via the console or remotely? Check under BI Settings > Cameras > Video during Remote Desktop and set to Unrestricted.

Reaction score
How are you viewing the camera in BI, directly via the console or remotely? Check under BI Settings > Cameras > Video during Remote Desktop and set to Unrestricted.
BINGO.... initially during the PoE problem I was local, but to continue troubleshooting from home, I used RDP... and this feature added to the problem... I have changed to unrestricted. Thank you so much!!!
1681050652632.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to bow out of Cisco after it became evident that I was too ADHD for this line of work. In hindsight I should have taken prerequisite courses in the Physical layer. They seemed to assume we knew network topology.
So I'm a CCNA drop out...:)
But I am running 2 Cisco Poe switches on my 2 BI setups. one is a 3560x which has 1 802.3at device on it.( hikvision 2MP PTZ) luckily they negotiated the power correctly.

Last edited:

LunaBrille

n3wb
Reaction score
recently mine started losing its PTZ preset. I have the preset set for my driveway but I will find my camera looking at some random position. moving the PTZ control to look at another position and hitting the preset for driveway will point it back in the random position i found it. Could this be a belt slipping and the camera "thinks" in in the right position?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
recently mine started losing its PTZ preset. I have the preset set for my driveway but I will find my camera looking at some random position. moving the PTZ control to look at another position and hitting the preset for driveway will point it back in the random position i found it. Could this be a belt slipping and the camera "thinks" in in the right position?
I am having the EXACT same issue.

It is almost as if it learns a new 0 and each preset is offset by that distance. I have found rebooting it through the GUI will fix it, but it has randomly lost 0 more than once.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You two using BI?
What firmware are you on?

I haven't had any problems with this at all. Perhaps a setting.

LunaBrille

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the EXACT same issue.

It is almost as if it learns a new 0 and each preset is offset by that distance. I have found rebooting it through the GUI will fix it, but it has randomly lost 0 more than once.
it just started for me today. I wish I would have tried restarting it first before I went in and redid the presets and rules. If a restart fixes it hopefully its a software not hardware issue

LunaBrille

n3wb
Reaction score
You two using BI?
What firmware are you on?

I haven't had any problems with this at all. Perhaps a setting.
I'm using Blue Iris. Here are the camera version details.
System Version:2.821.0000004.1.RBuild Date:2022-11-29
PTZ Version:V2.401.0000001.47.RHNDG_220906_42754

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Perhaps an issue with BI? I'm using a Dahua nvr and smooth sailing so far.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've had this happen too where it seems it has a new 0 position, but after a short while it reset itself to the right position.

Another issue I'm having: when using DMSS or SmartPSS to move the PTZ manually, it will sometimes be stuck in a command and just keep on turning around and around. Can only stop it by rebooting, it won't react to other commands or a preset command.
Is this something found with other PTZ's?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had this happen too where it seems it has a new 0 position, but after a short while it reset itself to the right position.

Another issue I'm having: when using DMSS or SmartPSS to move the PTZ manually, it will sometimes be stuck in a command and just keep on turning around and around. Can only stop it by rebooting, it won't react to other commands or a preset command.
Is this something found with other PTZ's?
Ive seen that issue on PTZ's occasionally. Its a SmartPSS bug on certain releases. I found all you have to do is close SmartPSS and it typically stops. Its as if SmartPSS is hung and sending a continuous signal to move

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Some guys want a ceiling mount for this mini ptz so we make some further checking. 2 solutions.

1. Short ceiling mount.
Use PFB301C+PFA101, we test it, can work great. We will add the PFB301C to our amazon soon.

1682483182144.png

1682481507144.jpeg

2. Need a longer ceiling mount with stick

1682481587708.png

Last edited: